+ Reply to Thread

Thread: This is going to hurt (synergy crystal upgrade)

Default This is going to hurt (synergy crystal upgrade)

I just have the helmet, legs, gloves, waist, and synergy crystal left to upgrade. Next to best crystal, think I have to be R40 to get the best available now. I decided that I'd go for the helmet and the synergy crystal, since that's just 4k short of Favor cap and everything else is lower Favor cost to get after that. But ouch! I mean, OUCH! Until I get 2 more pieces after that (legs, gloves, or waist) I'm going to lose all bonuses from the crystal except for a slight boost in health. That really kinda suxs, since Valor will take a BIG hit! Sure, it will only take about a week to get those 2 needed pieces to get the Valor back, and they're the cheapest of all to buy, but I'm gonna be worse off than I was with the previous crystal until then. Seems to me if you can buy the Crystal then you should get the Valor instead of the Health with a 2 piece set and not have to wait for a 4 piece set except to get the remaining 4 piece set bonus. I'd like to see a 2 piece set = +Valor bonus, 3 piece = +Health, and 4 piece = the remaining 3rd bonus.

I'm confused -- do you not have the shoulders, chest, boots already? I could just be tired this morning but I'm not following.
    Last edited by Kyera; 06-11-2012 at 05:16 AM.
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Kyera View Post
    I'm confused -- do you not have the shoulders, chest, boots already? I could just be tired this morning but I'm not following.
    Im confused too, because i've gone through all the ranks and crystal changes and at no point during that did i lose the synergy crystal bonus.

Buy the T3 crystal, put it in your bank. Switch it in when you change out your 4th piece of the old set with the new.

All i can think is that the OP thinks you need to trade synergy crystals like you do amour.... but even then the crystals have vengeance, not valor.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyera View Post

Ummms, yeah, I'm more tired than you because you're right and I'm wrong. I currently have 4 Clairvoyant pieces (Helmet, gloves, waist, and feet) going with my current Clairvoyant synergy crystal. I have 2 of the four pieces (chest and legs) needed for the Soothsayer synergy crystal. That's 6 of the 7 pieces that count towards the crystal bonus. Turns out I only have a Seer's version of the Shoulders, so I need to upgrade it twice. That will then give me 3 of the four needed pieces for the Soothsayer synergy crystal bonus, without breaking my current Clairvoyant crystal 4-piece bonus. So, after that double upgrade for the Shoulders, I'll just need to buy the Soothsayer crystal and one more Soothsayer piece, to make the 4 piece Soothsayer set, and I can do that all at once without hitting Favor cap and thus keep from losing the Valor. My bad, lol. I fails at math! Thanks for making me look again. Rawr!

np.

Was going to say even if something was off you could just buy the crystal and wait until you could get a couple of the pieces, esp. w/ the prices coming down in 1.9 (iirc).
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

+ Reply to Thread