+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 48
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: PVP needs some adjustments.

  1. #1
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    North America
    Posts
    1,602

    Default PVP needs some adjustments.

    A few questions:

    1). Why should it take 4x to 5x the heals for a warrior to do anywhere the damage of a geared Mage it rogue in pvp.

    2). Why does a warrior require a healer to do anything. Warfronts are horrible. It is a bunch of ranged dps mowing everyone down. I cannot even stay up with a pocket healer and HC.

    3). Mages and rogues are tearing up warfronts because ranged dps is to high. It is to easy for ranged to focus a target.

    Pvp is honestly horrible and the worst since launch. Warriors need a major boost to damage or survivabikty. Inversely, ranged dps needs a serious nerf.

    What is the point to doing 1.9 if pvp is this bad. Port Scion this weekend is the worst pvp I have ever seen. Every class is getting mowed over except for ranged dps on either side. Fix it and do it soon. Pvp this bad cannot be good for the game. There is no wait on something this bad.

    Ranged dps rogues and mages are as bad as bright wizards in warhammer. It is that bad, overpowered, and pvp is becoming a broken and horrible example of poor game design.

  2. #2
    General of Telara Ashh's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    953

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Majorin View Post
    A few questions:

    1). Why should it take 4x to 5x the heals for a warrior to do anywhere the damage of a geared Mage it rogue in pvp.

    2). Why does a warrior require a healer to do anything. Warfronts are horrible. It is a bunch of ranged dps mowing everyone down. I cannot even stay up with a pocket healer and HC.

    3). Mages and rogues are tearing up warfronts because ranged dps is to high. It is to easy for ranged to focus a target.

    Pvp is honestly horrible and the worst since launch. Warriors need a major boost to damage or survivabikty. Inversely, ranged dps needs a serious nerf.

    What is the point to doing 1.9 if pvp is this bad. Port Scion this weekend is the worst pvp I have ever seen. Every class is getting mowed over except for ranged dps on either side. Fix it and do it soon. Pvp this bad cannot be good for the game. There is no wait on something this bad.

    Ranged dps rogues and mages are as bad as bright wizards in warhammer. It is that bad, overpowered, and pvp is becoming a broken and horrible example of poor game design.
    0/10

    /10blahblah

  3. #3
    Telaran Themuzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    71

    Default

    Warriors need a buff you say? Hmm seems legit.

    also,
    I remember bright wizards from warhammer, and to say that rogues and mages are comparable to them?

    rofl

    Thanks for the laughs, I needed that today.

    Seriously though, buff clerics, nerf everything else.

  4. #4
    Ascendant Kyera's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    5,402

    Default

    Chosen was a bad class, too. Right?
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

  5. #5
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    North America
    Posts
    1,602

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Themuzz View Post
    Warriors need a buff you say? Hmm seems legit.

    also,
    I remember bright wizards from warhammer, and to say that rogues and mages are comparable to them?

    rofl

    Thanks for the laughs, I needed that today.

    Seriously though, buff clerics, nerf everything else.
    PVP was garbage over the weekend. Ranged dps mowing everything over. High single target is bad enough but ranged AOE like from clerics and sabs is the worst example of balance I have seen.

    We were talking about it last night. Why should a warrior require so much healing compared to rogues and other classes to do the exact same damage. Warfronts has become a mindless joke dominated by severly broken and OP ranged classes.

  6. #6
    Rift Chaser MannSeastone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    399

    Default

    This message is hidden because Majorin is on your ignore list.
    This is kind of cool, but is there an option to replace this dialogue with a photo?

    Majn
    Be healed and be well.

  7. #7
    Champion of Telara
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,277

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Majorin View Post
    A few questions:

    1). Why should it take 4x to 5x the heals for a warrior to do anywhere the damage of a geared Mage it rogue in pvp.

    2). Why does a warrior require a healer to do anything. Warfronts are horrible. It is a bunch of ranged dps mowing everyone down. I cannot even stay up with a pocket healer and HC.

    3). Mages and rogues are tearing up warfronts because ranged dps is to high. It is to easy for ranged to focus a target.

    Pvp is honestly horrible and the worst since launch. Warriors need a major boost to damage or survivabikty. Inversely, ranged dps needs a serious nerf.
    I dont know what to make of this....

    should i laugh at it...

    should i cry out of pity?

    You seem to think that because you are a warrior you should be able to stroll across the battlefield without taking any damage, anywhere, at any time. If you put yourself in the sights of 6 ranged dps of course you're gonna die. Just like anyone else. You wont live all the time, even with a pocket healer. You are the first line of attack, consequently you're gonna be the first 'tab' target.

    How long do you think a mage can live with focused dps without heals or even with a pocket healer? lol

    If you really think there is a problem go watch warriors like Stiffee (i think), Sylvara, Wildstar etc then come tell me warriors are broken...

  8. #8
    Rift Chaser MitsuMarty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    325

    Default

    Majorin
    Prophet of Telara
    Join Date Jan 2011
    Location North America
    Posts 214
    Troll Posts 832
    Last edited by MitsuMarty; 06-11-2012 at 07:08 AM.

  9. #9
    Ascendant LOveRH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,605

    Default

    SOME adjustments? Lol your funny.

  10. #10
    Rift Disciple Decosse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    192

    Default

    What is it with ppl in pvp that expect to still be standing when they are getting focused by lots of ppl?

    Seriously dude, L2P before jumping on the forum and QQ'ing your heart out.....

    If find lots of pvp'ers that know how to play correctly, kite (avoiding it and doing it!), LOS'ing ppl..... and this is all type of classes, these guys/gals make PVP fun and challenging

    Equally so, there are far too many idiots that just don't pay attention to whats around them, like charging forward without looking at whats coming behind your enemy - for example

    See those 6 ppl 40m's away? Wonder whats going to happen in the next 3 secs huh?.........

    Though gear does play a large part in PVP (it always will and its just a fact ppl have to get over....), learning to play properly is your biggest ally!

  11. #11
    Rift Chaser Topology's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    397

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MannSeastone View Post
    This is kind of cool, but is there an option to replace this dialogue with a photo?
    I'm more partial to a video.

  12. #12
    Rift Disciple Arir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    131

    Default Adjustments on my own

    I was fighting in the wf this weekend and I agree with some of the posts. My cleric could not do much of anything out there. I realized that when I put on my tier 2 pvp gear my focus dropped to 70. I could not hold anyone with a stun and my spells were like flies hitting plate armor. I decided to respec my gear and keep my pve rings, trinket, and necklace. I went back into the wf and approached the same targets as before and killed them. A cleric needs focus for spells to work and trading 100 life points for 150 focus was an easy exchange.

  13. #13
    Rift Chaser MitsuMarty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    325

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Decosse View Post
    What is it with ppl in pvp that expect to still be standing when they are getting focused by lots of ppl?

    Seriously dude, L2P before jumping on the forum and QQ'ing your heart out.....

    If find lots of pvp'ers that know how to play correctly, kite (avoiding it and doing it!), LOS'ing ppl..... and this is all type of classes, these guys/gals make PVP fun and challenging

    Equally so, there are far too many idiots that just don't pay attention to whats around them, like charging forward without looking at whats coming behind your enemy - for example

    See those 6 ppl 40m's away? Wonder whats going to happen in the next 3 secs huh?.........

    Though gear does play a large part in PVP (it always will and its just a fact ppl have to get over....), learning to play properly is your biggest ally!
    Agreed. I almost never go out into the center of a field unless there is some tree or rock or hill by me that I can LoS with. Way too many ranged to play like an idiot and charge head first into (excluding zergs).

  14. #14
    General of Telara Ashh's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    953

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Majorin View Post
    PVP was garbage over the weekend. Ranged dps mowing everything over. High single target is bad enough but ranged AOE like from clerics and sabs is the worst example of balance I have seen.

    We were talking about it last night. Why should a warrior require so much healing compared to rogues and other classes to do the exact same damage. Warfronts has become a mindless joke dominated by severly broken and OP ranged classes.
    Because we aren't rolling into the front lines buddy... guess what happens when a warrior decides to focus me. I die. I die because my @$$ is super squishy but my battlefield awareness keeps me out of harms way. Its a trade off, I blow stuff up but besides a shadow shift and a snare, if someone wants to kill me I'm done. I go down faster than a 2 dollar hooker.

  15. #15
    Champion Synergis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    515

    Default

    In all seriousness, if the devs would just unnerf cleric heals everything would go back to normal.

    GSB Conq/ROS Conq/HK Conq/ID Conq
    4/4 TotDQ
    4/4 FT
    2/5 EE
    <The Chosen>

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts