+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 130
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: The tendency to get focused by multible ranged Dps in wf's. def vs missle needed.

  1. #1
    Sword of Telara Izualy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    854

    Default The tendency to get focused by multible ranged Dps in wf's. def vs missle needed.

    Okay

    I am going to bring up something that i think is an issue that is unfair for melee ranged players in wf's

    As we all know warfront's consist of mostly ranged attacks. And due to this nature it has caused wf's to skued in favor of ranged kiter players in most situations.
    And yes I am going to be bringing up warrior now. And I am not saying warriors are underpowered or anything like that but I am bringing them up to use as an example.

    Many times to often as a warrior you have no choice but to be kited down because there is just to much ranged dps players.
    this isn't a question of soul balance this is a question of the fundamental nature of rift warfront pvp.
    I belive it creates an unfair atmosphere because its much easier for ranged players to focus one target. Leaving a warrior less choice in how to play. Only time ranged players have a reason to complain is when they are caught without their group which is just a result of their stupidity in pvp which ofc leads to them crying to trion.

    The damage from 5 or 10 ranged dps is stacking and it's just ridiculous. And it's kinda disappointing to hear this community (of mostly ranged kiters) complain about melee warriors.

    mad about getting melee'd try dying instantly in about 2 or 3 secs from 10 ranged kiters even after your TOL.
    I am sure the 90%(ranged players) will flame me Idc.

    You know it's true

  2. #2
    Sword of Telara Izualy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    854

    Default

    To further my statement I believe every class should have slightly more protection when getting focused by multible ranged attackers.


    Trion wf's are just to one sided.
    Last edited by Izualy; 06-10-2012 at 01:00 AM.

  3. #3
    Champion Synergis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    515

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Izualy View Post
    Okay

    I am going to bring up something that i think is an issue that is unfair for melee ranged players in wf's

    As we all know warfront's consist of mostly ranged attacks. And due to this nature it has caused wf's to skued in favor of ranged kiter players in most situations.
    And yes I am going to be bringing up warrior now. And I am not saying warriors are underpowered or anything like that but I am bringing them up to use as an example.

    Many times to often as a warrior you have no choice but to be kited down because there is just to much ranged dps players.
    this isn't a question of soul balance this is a question of the fundamental nature of rift warfront pvp.
    I belive it creates an unfair atmosphere because its much easier for ranged players to focus one target. Leaving a warrior less choice in how to play. Only time ranged players have a reason to complain is when they are caught without their group which is just a result of their stupidity in pvp which ofc leads to them crying to trion.

    The damage from 5 or 10 ranged dps is stacking and it's just ridiculous. And it's kinda disappointing to hear this community (of mostly ranged kiters) complain about melee warriors.

    mad about getting melee'd try dying instantly in about 2 or 3 secs from 10 ranged kiters even after your TOL.
    I am sure the 90%(ranged players) will flame me Idc.

    You know it's true
    These things are only true when the idio..i mean player with leader actually passes assist or attempts to mark. The ones usually getting pounded by the ranged dps are the healers anyways. Ive yet to see a warrior get marked with a one. Infact id go as far as to say theres only 3 reasons a well geared warrior will die.

    1. Derp, gonna follow this mm all the way to back line and try to kill him. Leaving heals.

    2. There are no heals.

    3. Ranged dps blew up his heals.

    GSB Conq/ROS Conq/HK Conq/ID Conq
    4/4 TotDQ
    4/4 FT
    2/5 EE
    <The Chosen>

  4. #4
    Sword of Telara Izualy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    854

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Synergis View Post
    These things are only true when the idio..i mean player with leader actually passes assist or attempts to mark. The ones usually getting pounded by the ranged dps are the healers anyways. Ive yet to see a warrior get marked with a one. Infact id go as far as to say theres only 3 reasons a well geared warrior will die.

    1. Derp, gonna follow this mm all the way to back line and try to kill him. Leaving heals.

    2. There are no heals.

    3. Ranged dps blew up his heals.
    I do agree but this all still perpetuated a little to much by the reasons i Have stated.

  5. #5
    Mei
    Mei is offline
    Ascendant Mei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    2,294

    Default

    I'm not saying warriors are underpowered, but warriors are underpowered.
    Fluent

  6. #6
    Prophet of Telara Valfador's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,161

    Default

    nerf viod bolt!
    0.3/8 ID 2.123/4 PF

  7. #7
    Champion Synergis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    515

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Izualy View Post
    I do agree but this all still perpetuated a little to much by the reasons i Have stated.
    Honestly no one should be able to take focus from 5-10 ranged dps anyways. Warden use to be able to do it, and they nerfed the crap out of it cause there was more qq than there is now about brostorm.

    GSB Conq/ROS Conq/HK Conq/ID Conq
    4/4 TotDQ
    4/4 FT
    2/5 EE
    <The Chosen>

  8. #8
    Telaran Sethantes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    66

    Default

    There are many reasons why you'd get a tendency to be focused and just being a melee is not one of them, anyone can be a target.

    The issue is not the defense against being focused but rather what exactly were you doing?
    And why just the ranged? melee can focus too and if they can do focusing as fast as ranged, then that would be a problem.

  9. #9
    Sword of Telara Izualy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    854

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sethantes View Post
    There are many reasons why you'd get a tendency to be focused and just being a melee is not one of them, anyone can be a target.

    The issue is not the defense against being focused but rather what exactly were you doing?
    And why just the ranged? melee can focus too and if they can do focusing as fast as ranged, then that would be a problem.
    Nah your missing the point it's not a matter of soul balance it's the sheer number of ranged attacks in wf's that is the problem.

    it's easier for the ranged players in general to focus one target then melee.

    the real issue is the ridiculous amount of stacking of ranged attacks. before you can even figure out what to do you are killed.

    Another issue in rift is its a first person and many times you are completely taken down to half life solely because you couldn't find the attacker in time and when you do you are squirrelled. and even that can stack

    If there were alot of melee classes/specs and alot of ranged attacks and it was healthy mix it would be fine.
    But wf's consist of nothing but ranged kiters. and again i'm not saying nerf ranged classes.

    When you are the first one to step into the middle ground your nearly killed instantly by ranged attacks cant argue with that its to evident. warriors have to wait because they are such a minority.
    obviously we cant take classes/specs out of the game.

    They should implement a Cap/mechanic that just *slightly* limits the stacking of ranged attacks/stuns/snares. I am no programmer but I am pretty sure there is more thena dozen ways to go abaout tweaking it correctly.
    Last edited by Izualy; 06-10-2012 at 04:45 AM.

  10. #10
    Sword of Telara Izualy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    854

    Default

    and melee can focus just as fast?

    c'mon ranged barely have to move hence the Ranged part. 90% the time they can pick anyone they want from the same position which is fine but not when these type of players make up the majority of wf's

    Don't forget when a warrior picks a target its completely obvious and always has to commit to being kited by alot of players.

    And again this is not a question of soul balance IMO.
    Last edited by Izualy; 06-10-2012 at 04:51 AM.

  11. #11
    Shadowlander Stabadabadoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    41

    Default

    c'mon ranged barely have to move hence the Ranged part. 90% the time they can pick anyone they want from the same position which is fine but not when these type of players make up the majority of wf's
    Ya until melee blips behind em stuns and smokes em

  12. #12
    Ascendant Zaros's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    7,411

    Default

    Make a video.
    People saying Warriors are overpowered have given extensive numbers and evidence supporting their claims, and I'm happy to show you all of them. You haven't stated a single quantitative thing that can be backed up with hard evidence to support your claims.

    Make a PVP video.
    ~Quiescent

  13. #13
    Telaran Sethantes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    66

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Synergis View Post
    Honestly no one should be able to take focus from 5-10 ranged dps anyways. Warden use to be able to do it, and they nerfed the crap out of it cause there was more qq than there is now about brostorm.
    True, I really don't see the problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Izualy View Post
    the real issue is the ridiculous amount of stacking of ranged attacks. before you can even figure out what to do you are killed.
    That is not an issue, but rather something to be expected if you get yourself focused.
    Quote Originally Posted by Izualy View Post
    When you are the first one to step into the middle ground your nearly killed instantly by ranged attacks cant argue with that its to evident. warriors have to wait because they are such a minority.
    obviously we cant take classes/specs out of the game.
    While that can happen, that is not true most of the time. I'm a mage and I don't die just right away every time I step first into the middle of the fight. I survive most of the time. Maybe you should reconsider your play style, I see many warriors in the game not having the same issue you are describing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Izualy View Post
    and melee can focus just as fast?
    I never said that, read again.

  14. #14
    RIFT Guide Writer Sebb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    4,638

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zaros View Post
    Make a video.
    People saying Warriors are overpowered have given extensive numbers and evidence supporting their claims, and I'm happy to show you all of them. You haven't stated a single quantitative thing that can be backed up with hard evidence to support your claims.

    Make a PVP video.
    Videos don't mean anything. I can link a half dozen videos showing how OP mages are. Except they're not.
    Seb - R40 OP PVP Warrior
    Solo Tanking Akylios - But I hate tanking Plutonus.
    New WF Idea for Rift
    SAVE THE VK!!!

  15. #15
    Ascendant Zaros's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    7,411

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sebb View Post
    Videos don't mean anything.
    Videos show how the person posting the video plays.
    That means a lot.
    ~Quiescent

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts