+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: synergy crystal...for the solo guy....how do I farm rep so I can get this

Default synergy crystal...for the solo guy....how do I farm rep so I can get this

I play odd hours, play solo, and I don't think there is anyone on my server that pvp's other than myself. :|

So...how do I go about farming rep so I can earn a synergy crystal as a solo PVP player?

Quote Originally Posted by swordfish View Post
    I play odd hours, play solo, and I don't think there is anyone on my server that pvp's other than myself. :|

So...how do I go about farming rep so I can earn a synergy crystal as a solo PVP player?
    Lots of PvP dailies.

Lots and lots of PvP dailies.
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

Quote Originally Posted by Kyera View Post
    Lots of PvP dailies.

Yep, this. ^^^ That's how I did it. Commit to doing those dailies every day.
    Beyond the point of caring.

Lots of PvP dailies.

That's how I did it. The dailies are not even "PvP" per se ... they're actually just PvE quests. I think (not sure) you can get Unseen rep from PvP rifts as well, and since hardly anybody pays attention to them (especially late at night) on a PvE server you could probably open one of those and just run it yourself for extra rep. Maybe even ask passers-by to open additional ones for you between lure cooldowns.

Running them takes forever and a day. I skipped trying to solo PvP rifts, even though they do give decent rep, because it's not time efficient solo.
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

Running them takes forever and a day. I skipped trying to solo PvP rifts, even though they do give decent rep, because it's not time efficient solo.
    That's funny, I remember once the servers were giving a "you have 3 min to find a safe spot to log out" message and I was 2 hounds and a mushroom quest short of completing the entire Stillmoor dailies. The kill 25 people can take longer and is less promised, sure. But the pve oriented ones? Unless you are getting pvp'd while you do it, those are fast. They even upped the drop-rate of the longest one that was the item pickup kill quest from EI.

Also, everytime you run by a raid rift, pop a pvp one open imo. At worst it closes down and don't you still get rep? If you just pop it open I think you get something. Sometimes you get lucky and others do them and come out. Sure less likely now, aside from rep those things are not very alluring at all. ;x
    Last edited by Violacea; 06-09-2012 at 01:38 PM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Ran out of edit time~

Did some number crunching. If you do only the 3 pvp dailies that don't include killing 25 players, and do 0 pvp rifts, it will take 93 days to get max unseen rep.

If you get all 3 dailies done + the player kill quest, it will take 70 days to get max rep.

Factor in pvp rifts and you just lower the span from there. Numerically, that is what it takes. That should give a clear idea. Pretty sure I got the maths right.
    Last edited by Violacea; 06-09-2012 at 01:44 PM.
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    Ran out of edit time~

Did some number crunching. If you do only the 3 pvp dailies that don't include killing 25 players, and do 0 pvp rifts, it will take 93 days to get max unseen rep.

If you get all 3 dailies done + the player kill quest, it will take 70 days to get max rep.

Factor in pvp rifts and you just lower the span from there. Numerically, that is what it takes. That should give a clear idea. Pretty sure I got the maths right.
    Yeah, it's pretty depressing I've got like 15-20 days to go before I can buy the last items off the vendor. I don't think you can even start the grind until you hit 50, either.
    Arch General Velkhar, P50 Cleric
    PvP Healing: Purifier, AoE Healer, Senticar, Ward/Sent
    PvP Open World: Duracell-esque

Aye, in of itself it seems that way. But then when you consider that (this is my personal projection) that to hit top rank is ~1 - 3 months. It falls about perfectly in line. My time stamps say it took me 57 days to hit my max rank. I did at minimum the 3 dailies, many a time did the kill quest, and fortunately did unseen rep when PvP rifts were actually completed by more than 2 people (i'll admit this blows for people getting unseen rep now, as it can actually be a good source for rep). So honestly the time it took me to hit max rep probably wasn't too far off of what it took me to get max rank. And the top rep gets you something that requires max rank to wear. So in the end, I say it still comes down to whether you accept that it will take 30 - 90 days till you start touching ceilings. I think that is a healthy amount of time for toon progression. Not too speedy, not ridiculously long.

As long as you are religious about the dailies and make an effort to hit some pvp rifts (I bet you can still get some done here and there, at least enough for the weekly), the Unseen rep should be pretty lateral with the rank progression. Time flies though. My school semester was 4 months and thing felt like it ended just as I was getting started. 2 - 3 months for an MMO progression path, sign me up. I just don't know many people my age, and I'm still quite a youngin at 25, that don't feel like a couple months just blows by before you know it started. I guess why I am sometimes surprised at why some people feel it is a lengthy thing. Unless I'm just wobblin a cane for no reason, months feel like days once you leave your teens. The required window is quite small with all realistic things considered. Especially acute game development releases. Unless you explicitly start late, there seems to be plenty of time even for people who do start generously late, to hit a ceiling of sorts with plenty of time to kill before they got another to hit.

2c

FWIW, I did all my unseen rep solo #foreveralonebutrank40
    Last edited by Violacea; 06-09-2012 at 04:54 PM.
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Default what about Disrupting Defiant operations?

so follow up.....if I get the quest:

"Disrupting Defiant Operations" I'm supposed to go to *that* zone and pvp actual players? I can't seem to find anyone. Or should there be mobs I can *solo* that are considered defiant?

note I tried attacking the defiant base...LOL...the folks that are green to me, go aggro, and attack me as well :|

hmmm...

Have to kill players in that zone.

Although I can't confirm, I heard before you can get kills for the quest if you are in a group that kills people and *you* are in the right zone. But it's nothing I tested and sounds like something they would have fixed, so it wouldn't surprise me if it's just an old thing that used to work that way. Maybe someone will chime in who practiced that method
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    That's funny, I remember once the servers were giving a "you have 3 min to find a safe spot to log out" message and I was 2 hounds and a mushroom quest short of completing the entire Stillmoor dailies. The kill 25 people can take longer and is less promised, sure. But the pve oriented ones? Unless you are getting pvp'd while you do it, those are fast. They even upped the drop-rate of the longest one that was the item pickup kill quest from EI.
    > Provides wall of text in disbelief assuring me the PvP daily quests are fast in direct response to a post about soloing PvP rifts being inefficient.

Nice work, champ. Also, the "longest one" is picking up Corpse Fungi in Stillmoor.
    Last edited by Kyera; 06-09-2012 at 06:59 PM.

Pvp rifts still pop on Seastone. Get off a pve server.

Quote Originally Posted by spaceboots View Post
    Pvp rifts still pop on Seastone. Get off a pve server.
    I quite enjoy getting the same level of 10v10/20v20 interest while not having to deal with 6,000 stealthed rogues at portals or dailies and/or zergs making zone events like Prince of Earth take six hours instead of six minutes. I will trade PvP rifts for that.

I know I'm turning this into a complaint, which is obviously not what the OP was doing, but I generally find that for someone playing at odd hours or playing solo, getting the synergy crystal rep is worlds more difficult than other reps in this game, especially considering that it's a significant part of PvP gear.

Other PvP reps? Solo queue warfronts.

Basically any PvE-related rep? Dungeon queues.

Synergy crystal rep? Dailies. Wait till next day. Dailies. Wait till next day. Dailies. Repeat ad nauseum.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast