+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Anyone notice the class ratio being out of wack lately?

Telaran

Default Anyone notice the class ratio being out of wack lately?

I do alot of WF's and usually is a decent mix of classes per team . Lately I have seen alot of wf's with 6 to 8 healers on one team and 1 on the other . Goes for pretty much every class really, seen teams with almost all warriors and some with nothing but rogues .

Quote Originally Posted by Fysts View Post
    I do alot of WF's and usually is a decent mix of classes per team . Lately I have seen alot of wf's with 6 to 8 healers on one team and 1 on the other . Goes for pretty much every class really, seen teams with almost all warriors and some with nothing but rogues .
    Yes I have. I'm wondering if Trion could implement a looking for system allowing us to form groups like dungeons?

Or you select a role and then que.

Yes, I saw 10 mages on one team in a PS match last night. I've had WS start off with 6 rogues... lots of one class on one team. It doesn't guaranty a win in all cases but 10 mages make a lot of squirrels.
    Beyond the point of caring.

Rift Chaser

Yeah, I really wish Trion would do something to address Class and Rank balance. I don't even care so much about Role -- 75% of each Class are playing the same specs (Rogue->MM, Warrior->RB/Champ, Mage->Pyro/Dom), anyway. The only class that really vacillates between two Roles are the Clerics, and I think the majority (>50%) are still playing healers.

I generally don't care if one side has the Rogues, and the other the Mages ... I don't believe those classes to be pivotal in determining WF outcomes very often. Occasionally a strong Sab/MM can make the difference, but the scenario where that occurs is relatively low (only matters in some WFs, and only if the match is full).

Most WF victory conditions require capturing or holding objectives, and to do that you need people on/holding the objective (Warriors), and people keeping those on/holding the objective alive (Clerics, and to a lesser extent Chloros). I've found that stacking Healers and Warriors to most often be the determining factors of a WF outcome. If Side A has substantially more of one than Side B, Side A wins more often than not. Unless Side B has a substantial Rank advantage.
    Last edited by Velkane; 06-09-2012 at 08:21 AM.
    Arch General Velkhar, P50 Cleric
    PvP Healing: Purifier, AoE Healer, Senticar, Ward/Sent
    PvP Open World: Duracell-esque

Zaros has come up with a great idea for match making I just hope trion listens to his idea. If you go back and see his thread and you like it, support it in hope to get Trions attention.

Default Class imbalance is very common in WFs

It's common to go an entire WF without ever having a healer while the other side had several. I've been in WFs that had ten rogues and nothing else. Class imbalance in WFs is just as much an issue as rank imbalance. It sucks to know right up front that you have little chance to win, with the only consolation being that in most cases it won't take up too much of your time to lose even if you don't join the ******* who go AFK at the spawn point. In my opinion the composition issues in WFs should be addressed by Trion before worrying about 1v1 role imbalances.

On the occasions when the overall balance is decent the game can be awesome. Last night I was in two different matches of Port Scion where the score seesawed within 20 points or so the entire match. In the first one we (Defiant) won 1000 to 993 or something in the very last minute of the match. In the second I think we won 1000 to 987. Both sides seemed to be playing fairly intelligently both matches and they were really exciting ... would have been even if we had lost. People were fighting for point objectives instead of just fighting, and there was enough balance that neither side dominated anything.

Quote Originally Posted by FourRums View Post
    Yes, I saw 10 mages on one team in a PS match last night. I've had WS start off with 6 rogues... lots of one class on one team. It doesn't guaranty a win in all cases but 10 mages make a lot of squirrels.
    I had a match last night with 10 mages, 8 rogues, 1 warrior (tank), 1 cleric (loldps).

So yeah, I p. much afk'd at the spawn point.

It's seems to be mostly rogues.

wf's = Stealthers and ranged kiters. pretty sad

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Grimt View Post
    It sucks to know right up front that you have little chance to win, with the only consolation being that in most cases it won't take up too much of your time to lose even if you don't join the ******* who go AFK at the spawn point.
    In some cases the sensible thing to do is go AFK at spawn point if your side is being hammered due to rank/class imbalance, it is the idiots that insist on being farmed or go round capping flags in the Codex that are just needlessly dragging things out.
    Last edited by Flimble; 06-10-2012 at 08:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Flimble View Post
    In some cases the sensible thing to do is go AFK at spawn point if your side is being hammered due to rank/class imbalance, it is the idiots that insist on being farmed or go round capping flags in the Codex that are just needlessly dragging things out.
    It depends upon the map. It's pretty hard to be capping flags in Codex if you're actually being farmed, so jumping down and fighting usually doesn't drag the game out. The possession points are still racking up for the other team and I really couldn't care whether my deaths add to their favor since it doesn't detract from mine. I sometimes use it as an opportunity to try something I might not do in a match we have a chance to win. There are maps where lemming deaths just drag out the inevitable, though ... like trying to capture a vessel in the Library or ambushing an enemy carrier in PS.

+ Reply to Thread