+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Skirmish Mode

Default Skirmish Mode

Well i'd like to think that Trion would like for everyone who plays rift to play the game the way they want to. But unfortunately there are still areas of the player base who are left.. wanting. I'm specifically referring to Competitive PvP. Now we all know Warfronts can be fun, but after a while it can become boring, also it lacks a personal touch that most competitive PvP'ers would love to have. While Warfronts can be fun, for certain types of players they often are rather dull and boring due to a lack of competitive gameplay.
    • The reasons that Warfronts lack competitive gameplay is partly due to the size of the teams and how the queuing system works. Most people often find themselves stuck on undergeared teams or teams who are not willing to cooperate with each other. This usually results in one side dominating the other. The queuing system is also rather group hostile, meaning that it is not a group friendly system. Making groups from 3-5 somewhat difficult to do. Some exceptions are when premades of 5 people end up getting matched against 5 other people, this usually results in fun and competitive gameplay. This however can be ruined by the objectives in a particular Warfront.
    • Conquest however is not a good source for competitive PvP either because of the size and objectives of this particular feature.

Now I propose introducing a new game mode that emphasizes on competitive PvP.

• Skirmish

Puts teams of up to five players against each other in an all out skirmish to the death.
    The way you queue for this game type is not by the map but rather by the amount of players.
    • 5v5-Puts two teams of 5 against each other to fight to the death, 25 lives per team. Depending on size of the map lasts 15 to 20 minutes.
    • 3v3-Puts two teams of 3 against each other to fight to the death, 15 lives per team. Depending on size of the map lasts 10 to 15 minutes.
    • 1v1-Puts two individual players against each other to fight to the death, 5 lives per opponent. Depending on size of the map lasts 7 to 12 minutes. (Reason is because some fights may last more than a minute per kill so 5 to 10 minutes would be too little.)
    • Map choice is random. Adjustments may need to be made for maps on the 1v1 gametype. And some adjustments may need to be made for 1v1 so a rogue cannot hide in stealth after one kill. (Add something like an increased stealth detection orb after 30 seconds of no combat. Or 1 minute after game starts, this feature resets after each death.)
    • Premades should have top priority of facing other premades and games should not start until both sides have the maximum amount of players (this is for 3v3 and 5v5).
    • Another option to add to Skirmish Mode would be Non-ranked matches, in which players can set up a game to face a certain opponent or team. For instance Guild A really wants to fight guild C in a 5v5 but hasn't gotten the opportunity in facing them in the ranked queue. Guild A can make a Non-Ranked match and challenge guild C to a fight. (this could be a sporadic thing or even set up a date and time.)
    • Leaderboards could be developed for this gametype to add even more of a competitive feel, but limit it to kills/killing blow/ damage done/ healing done/matches won/ and kill streaks. (you could add more if you found any that couldnt be abused even though I can see damage/healing done being abused)

Remember there should be NO other objective than to kill the opposing team. Adjustments may have to be made to kill limits or time limits, but I have it set up so that each player can die 5 times on each game type.

Please tell me what you think, and also this is NOT an arena as arena you only have ONE life.

**CLASS BALANCING DECISIONS SHOULD NOT BE DETERMINED FROM SKIRMISH MODE**

Hopefully Trion realizes that they CAN add competitive PvP to Rift using this form of gametype.
    Please constructive feedback only. And remember if YOU don't like it you don't have to play it, you will have conquest and Warfronts to do so that is not a valid argument. If you think I am wrong on something then tell me. Smiley face for lulz

Also to forum admins, I want a smiley face with a taco!

Forgot to mention there should be a solo queue all button so while solo you can queue for all types (1v1, 3v3, 5v5)
    Last edited by Izraels queso; 06-08-2012 at 10:13 PM.
    Quesox@seastone
    Formerly Pillpopper@Seastone, Pillpopper@Derpstrike, Queso@Dayblind, Sunrest, Harrow.
    \_/<----see this? this is my care cup, notice how its empty.
    I tend to have very few posts because I find arguing with trolls is difficult because they tend to bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

I would have thought someone would have commented by now but please let me know what u guys think.
    Quesox@seastone
    Formerly Pillpopper@Seastone, Pillpopper@Derpstrike, Queso@Dayblind, Sunrest, Harrow.
    \_/<----see this? this is my care cup, notice how its empty.
    I tend to have very few posts because I find arguing with trolls is difficult because they tend to bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Imma let you finish, but FPS games made the best skirmish/arena mods, EVER.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

+ Reply to Thread