+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: 50's warfronts

Default 50's warfronts

I am not QQ'ing by any means, just a suggestion/challenge to the Dev's. I am a p3 (almost p4) 50 and I have noticed in the warfronts a huge difference. (I knew 50 warfronts would be hell tho while lvling prestige, I expected it) I am just issueing maybe a challenge for the devs to do. I want them to make a sub P10 lvl 50 face a 30+p 50 one on one... tell me how bad the difference is in damage recieved to damage done. All I am a saying is the lack of balance in grinding prestige... So, I ask a simple question... Why arn't the prestige levels in a braket form? For instance you have lvl 10-19, 20-29, 30-39, and 40-49 brackets for lvl's. Why not do this for prestige? I for one think this may increase the amount of lower lvl 50's wanting to pvp, since they will actually stand a chance. Just a thought and I know there are people that have talked about this same thing.

Now, I know there will be some of you out there who are p40's out there that may say "L2play", here's my response to that... that would make sense if in a battle where you stand a chance at all... but when you are a new 50 and you attack and do minimal damage at best compared tho them literally 5 or less hitting you dead, not much you can do about learning to play, other then suck it up and grind it out"

I just feel that Rift may find a better increase tho in game play and Wf willing 50's in pvp. Granted the 50's bracket has a good population it seems, it's the huge gap between p1 - p40 that kill it for people. I think this is a huge reason for all the twinks (that and riftstorm at lvl 39 is OP lol) But, with the Xp Lock going goodbye soon, maybe next is a braket for lvl 50's.

Again, this isn't qqing or crying for nerf's. Just a suggestion that may be something worth Trion's attention. (the expansion on the horizon too with it's 10 new lvls... makes you wonder how high Prestige will go)
    Hedshot - MM

It has more to do with the current population, there just isn't enough people.

As it stands, if there were millions of players pvp'n in rift Im pretty sure under the current algorithm that there would be 40 ranked matchs or maybe evey 5 ranks, 1-5 5-10 and so on.

Soulwalker

Default Agreed

I agree 100%, especially where you talk about l2Play (soley spoken by p40's), i play a Mage and i did painstakingly grind it out a bit past p20 before realizing that it would not be getting better any time soon. I cringe at the thought of fighting a team of decent p10-20's against a team with 9 worthless players that stand back and do nothing while onee guy tears through my team over and over again ftw.

Where does the skill that was so heavilly advertised at rifts launch come in? How when a 2 sec cast of fireball does 400 dmg against someone with over 10k hp who is about to one hit my p20 to death? There is no skill involved when the guy can stand there letting you blast him with all the tools you have until you run out of mana and then laughingly one hit kills you, no skill at all.

Would be nice to see trion fix what they have before an expansion is released... I personally play for pvp so had to cancel until it gets fixed, hope to be back.

They're bumping the bolster up to P36 in 1.9. Matchmaking is also supposed to give you warfronts where you fight players with similar prestige rank, but it rarely works. I was keeping track on my P40 for a little while: of 29 matches, only 7 were ranked.

Majn
    Be healed and be well.

I understand the games population is down and this has an effect on pvp in the WF's. So why not just get rid of prestige all together? Prestige doesn't buy/pay for any pvp equipment anyways, it unlocks yes. So why not even it out a bit. Unlock the weapons, the same as the armor is already. Keep the system where you need the gear/weapon before plus favor to upgrade, that's fine cause it's still a grind no matter what. My biggest suggestion, we get armor from lvl 50 p1, awesome... how bout you let us get weapons too with valor/vengence on them to (pvp weapons, other then having to use pve weapons with no vengence...)

Other question, I am newish to the game.. I did play beta but got deployed afterwards. Is there vengence ruins/enhancements?

I just don't understand the huge difference in the 50's bracket. At times it feels like my guys lvl 19 facing a lvl 40.... I understand it's a gear thing, but weres the skill that Trion said it's pvp was based on? All I notice is a Tanky Warrior wrecking everyone cause he's p30+ and the others are lower prestige... all that warrior needs is a pocket healer and boom... he's 34 kb's and 0 deaths, but takes (for instance) 50 damage from my combo builders and maybe 150 damage from my finishers.... but when he attacks its 500, 500, 2000 damage... I know other's have seen this difference. Thus why I said I feel like I reached end game to find out the twinks in lvl 29 and so on, really weren't that big of a headache compared to "superman" in the 50's.

I will l2play just so you can't say it.
    Hedshot - MM

Quote Originally Posted by MannSeastone View Post
    They're bumping the bolster up to P36 in 1.9. Matchmaking is also supposed to give you warfronts where you fight players with similar prestige rank, but it rarely works. I was keeping track on my P40 for a little while: of 29 matches, only 7 were ranked.
    The bump will help a ton, I was unaware of this and should make a huge difference. Only difference left is gear, but anyone who plays MMO's knows gear is king lol. Thanks for your reply, atleast that open's my eyes that Trion does know about the 50's bracket.
    Hedshot - MM

It's not too bad once you get to about rank 10-15 and pick up tier 2 armor and the r12 weapons. And while alot of the games are unranked I see alot of lower ranked toons on each side. The only thing that is really a problem to kill is a wrecking ball duo with a r40 warrior and healer, and even worse it's usually 2 healers + warrior.

I haven't had an actual ranked game in a long time, last one was in a 29-40 I believe. Need more players for more ranked games, I like what someone mentioned in another thread about using favor to purchase marks. Gives the PvE'ers an incentive to PvP so we get more warfronts popping.

I really like that idea, the using favor for marks. I do believe you are correct that it would bring a bigger population to WF's.

I agree, p40 with pocket heals is a tank of hurt. I havn't noticed much on the ranked wf's how often it actually works. I have noticed a lot of one sided matches where one side seems to out prestige rank the other.... those are fun wf's 0.o lol. I can't wait til p12 to get the extra valor and vengence on the weapons, I already have the same lvl weapons (but pve stats) I've already started the upgrade on the armor, it's a minimal improvement... the whole set will probably be a nice improvement. Knowing Trion, they are aware of this... with 1.9 coming soon with the booster, it shows that they are trying to help the situation atleast. Wish I was aware of that booster before I started this thread.
    Hedshot - MM

Quote Originally Posted by Kilmer View Post
    I am not QQ'ing by any means, just a suggestion/challenge to the Dev's. I am a p3 (almost p4) 50 and I have noticed in the warfronts a huge difference. (I knew 50 warfronts would be hell tho while lvling prestige, I expected it) I am just issueing maybe a challenge for the devs to do. I want them to make a sub P10 lvl 50 face a 30+p 50 one on one... tell me how bad the difference is in damage recieved to damage done. All I am a saying is the lack of balance in grinding prestige... So, I ask a simple question... Why arn't the prestige levels in a braket form? For instance you have lvl 10-19, 20-29, 30-39, and 40-49 brackets for lvl's. Why not do this for prestige? I for one think this may increase the amount of lower lvl 50's wanting to pvp, since they will actually stand a chance. Just a thought and I know there are people that have talked about this same thing.

Now, I know there will be some of you out there who are p40's out there that may say "L2play", here's my response to that... that would make sense if in a battle where you stand a chance at all... but when you are a new 50 and you attack and do minimal damage at best compared tho them literally 5 or less hitting you dead, not much you can do about learning to play, other then suck it up and grind it out"

I just feel that Rift may find a better increase tho in game play and Wf willing 50's in pvp. Granted the 50's bracket has a good population it seems, it's the huge gap between p1 - p40 that kill it for people. I think this is a huge reason for all the twinks (that and riftstorm at lvl 39 is OP lol) But, with the Xp Lock going goodbye soon, maybe next is a braket for lvl 50's.

Again, this isn't qqing or crying for nerf's. Just a suggestion that may be something worth Trion's attention. (the expansion on the horizon too with it's 10 new lvls... makes you wonder how high Prestige will go)
    In 1.9, they're bringing significant bolstering advantages to everything below P36, improving the bolstering mechanics, and streamlining the gearing system, as seen on the PTS. Expect big improvements around the corner.
    ~Quiescent

Default will the 1.9 bolstering be too little too late?

I have to wonder. I have to say I spent the weekend in GW2 beta doing nothing but pvp on both my necro and thief and both are like lvl 12 and 9 but bolstered in wf to 80 like everyone else. I just have to say the difference in pvp of the 2 is this...

After playing GW2 pvp for a bit and look at the clock I was like omg 5 hrs have passed already??? versus...
    After playing Rift pvp for a bit and look at the clock and think omg it has only been 5 minutes?? it seems like years!!!

just saying.....

The gear gap isn't that bad. My rogue is P23, in the full T1 gear (T2 rings), runes on most pieces, with a 47% damage reduction. I ran Saboteur this weekend in Scion, and consistently got top 3 damage. If I run my Sin spec I can take out equal ranking warriors and some that are higher then me. It's really not as bad as people make it out to be.
    Piras@Faeblight
    Elsing@Faeblight
    <Celestial Might> [Retired: Hartzekarr and Greogard]
    My CD is now available for purchase here: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/opus-1/id580677269

Quote Originally Posted by mauvelence View Post
    I have to wonder. I have to say I spent the weekend in GW2 beta doing nothing but pvp on both my necro and thief and both are like lvl 12 and 9 but bolstered in wf to 80 like everyone else. I just have to say the difference in pvp of the 2 is this...

After playing GW2 pvp for a bit and look at the clock I was like omg 5 hrs have passed already??? versus...
    After playing Rift pvp for a bit and look at the clock and think omg it has only been 5 minutes?? it seems like years!!!

just saying.....
    Exactly! Did the same. It was intense in the battles. What? No healers? Learning the roll, dodge. While all that action going on.

New days ahead.

Soulwalker

I hate to say PvP is all about gear and prestige but, PvP is kinda all about gear and prestige.

Let me be clear about the fact that I consider myself no better than average at PvP and maybe even worse than average. That having been said, I am about p20 and have seen plenty of players who basically couldn't hurt me through no real skill of my own and conversley have seen p40s wreak havoc on the battle field while displaying no particular knowledge or know how.

Now, I think it is fair to say that increased PvP knowledge and increased prestige and better gear do go together. Obviously, the more you play the better you get, and the more favor you gain while playing to buy better stuff. I totally agree that there should be rewards for time spent, and I do feel I have "earned" my advantages on the battlefield by putting in time.

I don't really know my point other than, yeah, you are underpowered at p4 and the warfronts definitely reward people who put in the time to grind and often skill has very little to do with it. That having been said, if not for PvP I wouldn't still be playing the game. Just try to have fun and deal with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaros View Post
    In 1.9, they're bringing significant bolstering advantages to everything below P36, improving the bolstering mechanics, and streamlining the gearing system, as seen on the PTS. Expect big improvements around the corner.
    Basically this. Bolstering solves the problem. No need to do what the OP suggests.

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    When time allows I'll be looking at the issue with the class guys.

Telaran

what exactly does bolster actually bolster?
    ive never noticed anything change on a character that ive actually had bolster on...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast