+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Why is the warrior/healer combo the only really good combo?

Rift Disciple

Default Why is the warrior/healer combo the only really good combo?

Just saying there are 4 classes and only 2 of them really combine to kick *** in PVP, I am sure it is a unintended consequence of the healer/tank thinking.

I don't think you can nerf it without breaking the whole game, and it is not something I really mind, BUT I would like to see ways for all classes to combine.

On reason is because warrior can continue to do damage while being focused but classes with cast times on their abilities can't.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosspring View Post
    Just saying there are 4 classes and only 2 of them really combine to kick *** in PVP, I am sure it is a unintended consequence of the healer/tank thinking.

I don't think you can nerf it without breaking the whole game, and it is not something I really mind, BUT I would like to see ways for all classes to combine.
    you clearly have never seen 2 sabs

This..Isn't true at all.
    ~Quiescent

Rift Disciple

Vanguard had a system of expliots, where one classes attacks made the targer more vulnerable to attacks from another classe, it did not add up to that much but every bit helps and it adds a ekstra layer to combat.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosspring View Post
    So not true. Put some of the better healers in our cluster together with certain mages or rogues and you can more than kick @$$, you can mow through the opposition very quickly. There are some duo rogue combos that are fearsome as well, using specific builds. As well as some mage/mage combos...the list goes on and on.

So, in short- no.

Rift Disciple

SO, you are telling me that if rift had 2v2 arenas warrior/healer would not dominate?

It really just depends. I duo with a mage sometimes and we kick but because we have the ability to change souls by either healing or dps. Melee imo usually have a better benefit because they have a lot of instant cast oppose to casters.

Ack yes like wickede stated omg 2 sabs are very annoying LOL and even having multiple mages transforming players into squirrels can be a nuisance. In addition, you can have 2 high DPS Cabs and it is game over sometimes with the massive AoE damage.

The Warrior/Healer duo is common because you the healer acts as a fuel to the warrior who acts as a lawn mower and just tears everything in sight LOL.

Covergirl Diamond
    <-Prophecy->
    Back in Action
    RIP Junlar the Great Cleric. I will cherish our friendship and bond for all eternity.

It's not the only one it's just the easiest. The two classes with the best survival to damage/heals ratio.
    Even free cost too much now

Two well played characters of any spec or class complement each other immensely when they play together.

Whenever I duo queue with anyone from TFS, we become a two-man wrecking crew whether they're a Cleric or not.
    ~Quiescent

Quote Originally Posted by Zaros View Post
    Two well played characters of any spec or class complement each other immensely when they play together.

Whenever I duo queue with anyone from TFS, we become a two-man wrecking crew whether they're a Cleric or not.
    ^ this, ANY CLASS can be good, it's just a matter of who is playing it. even solo que, good players can single handedly change the outcome of a warfront.

and i am coming up with a counter to your TFS duo ques, i'm going to make a sin/NB and double sap you! bring it.

As is the case with just about every game, healer + durable dps is usually your best all-around bet, but as also is the case with just about every game, it's not a necessity, so long as your two pieces are extremely complementary.
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

Prophet of Telara

Me and Quiescent duo queued a few days ago with me just healing him and he won warfronts.

I duo queued with a warrior tonight doing the same thing and he won warfronts.

I am sure if I did that with a mage the results would be the same, dont know about a dps cleric though.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyaus View Post
    Me and Quiescent duo queued a few days ago with me just healing him and he won warfronts.

I am sure if I did that with a mage the results would be the same, dont know about a dps cleric though.
    Dps clerics rock QQ.

Don't let anyone tell you differently!

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Tyaus View Post

Could you please put some classes with the names? you and your friends are not THAT famous

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast