+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: PVP Balance

Rift Disciple

Default PVP Balance

There is a nerf rant in every class discussion thread and multiple in pvp. I believe pvp is fairly balanced and Trion has done a good job. Yes, that implies warriors, rogues, mages, and clerics do not require any nerfs. If you peruse the nerf forum threads you notice a few similiarites:

1). In the case of warriors it seems like the nerf advocates are either insane or just took bath salts and trying to eat there keyboard. The extent of evidential support for nerfing warriors was they hit to hard on people with no valor (or 800 valor), they hit for thousands and two shot everything which is not true, they can solo 4 - 5 people in dps spec which is not true, they have a 45% crit rating which is not true... The list never ends but it boils down to a few people despise balance and don't want to lose no matter the reasons why.

2). The nerf advocates have no concept of other classes and group play. For instance, they hit a player who takes reduced damage due to HC or guard. They do not understand how this works and put the blame entirely on the class.

3). Nerf advocates believe every class is overpowered except there own.

The truth is balance requires every class to be effective. This fact is utterly and completely freaking out some people on the forums. There is nothing overpowered about warriors. The classes are balanced and I truly hope the devs go for quality in pvp. A small percentage of Players hate balance because it implies they will lose. There solution is to start a bunch of nerf threads to make pvp imbalanced.

In conclusion, warriors, rogues, mages, and clerics are all fairly balanced. They dont need any nerfs. I can think of an OP ability for each class but that is not the point. One ability does not create an OP class.

We love this game and thank Trion for the hard work they have devoted to PVP. It is the most balanced since launch and testament to the quality of our developers. Please keep up the hard work.
    Last edited by Mekenna; 06-08-2012 at 08:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mekenna View Post
    In conclusion, warriors, rogues, mages, and clerics are all fairly balanced. They dont need any nerfs. I can think of an OP ability for each class but that is not the point. One ability does not create an OP class.

We love this game and thank Trion for the hard work they have devoted to PVP. It is the most balanced since launch and testament to the quality of our developers. Please keep up the hard work.
    Having just dinged R31 on my Mage last night, and having a retired R38 Rogue (not played since 1.7), I am in agreement with the above. IMO, the Callings are pretty much balanced if this is a group instead of 1v1 based game. Rock, paper, scissors ... each Calling should fear just one other, I think that is balance. And not fear the other 2 Callings 1v1, but definitely fear if it's > 1v1.

So yeah, fairly good job so far and the forums show absolutely zero nerf requests from me since Headstart. This heartfelt fuzzy warm praise does not extend from me to some other non balancing issues of PvP, though.
    Last edited by Taptap; 06-08-2012 at 09:17 AM. Reason: Mage, not Rage (hee)

Balanced. Have soime experience with all classes.

Now we need some work on that qhue system to make sure the number of classes (not ranks) are allocated more evenly. (maybe the same % of clerics,wars,rogs,mage put in each team)

It sucks when the other side has 6 clerics and ours has a limpwristed bard and half a chloro......0.o
    AXAZE 70/R100 Clerc
    XITH 70/R100 Warrior
    REVELER 70/R100 Rog
    ZAXA 70/R100 finger waggler

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Axaze View Post
    Balanced. Have soime experience with all classes.

Now we need some work on that qhue system to make sure the number of classes (not ranks) are allocated more evenly. (maybe the same % of clerics,wars,rogs,mage put in each team)

It sucks when the other side has 6 clerics and ours has a limpwristed bard and half a chloro......0.o
    They need to work on pvp content. Class balance is good. No class needs a nerf

I really miss RVR in warhammer. If they could just add that to this game would be in healer heaven. Add another faction so three and become the premier MMO on the market. Good pve and pvp. Add arena and become the market leader.

Rift has the data and history. Now just add the content.

Oh Majorin, is there any depth you won't sink to? Let's see some screenshots of this "P40 cleric".

Majn
    Be healed and be well.

I think there's some KotBS vs. Chosen anger being projected here.
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

1.7 had the closest thing to PVP balance we've ever had.

Now, Warriors need a nerf, mages need a slight buff, and Cleric DPS needs a slight buff.
    Then we'll be good. I think everyone can agree on that except half the Warriors who refuse to admit they're overpowered.
    ~Quiescent

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by MannSeastone View Post
    Oh Majorin, is there any depth you won't sink to? Let's see some screenshots of this "P40 cleric".
    Haha, I think you're on to something there!
    Arch General Velkhar, P50 Cleric
    PvP Healing: Purifier, AoE Healer, Senticar, Ward/Sent
    PvP Open World: Duracell-esque

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Zaros View Post

Now, Warriors need a nerf, mages need a slight buff, and Cleric DPS needs a slight buff.
    Then we'll be good. I think everyone can agree on that except half the Warriors who refuse to admit they're overpowered.
    You didn't mention rogues, interesting. .

I notice your favorite phrase is "only warriors don't want warriors nerfed", or something to that effect. In this case, half the warriors. I'm curious how you know that half the warriors want their class nerfed. Do you have access to some survey that the rest us don't know about? Or is "half the warriors" just a guess? Or maybe you personally know such a massive sampling of warriors that you can extrapolate from the survey you took. Whatever the case I'm glad you're here to tell us how warriors feel. But then again, maybe I should ignore what you have to say. You are after all a rogue, and everyone knows that 40% of rogues tend to exaggerate. In fact you belong to an even rarer subset of rogues called talented-rogues-that-destroy-everything-in-their-path-yet--still-call-for-the-nerfing-of-other-classes. It's a very exclusive group.

I think some people in these forums are borderline obsessed with warriors right now. Why so black and white, good vs evil? Relax, if its so obviously OP it will get nerfed.
    Last edited by EvanX; 06-08-2012 at 11:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaros View Post

all you need to beat warriors is a team of all sabs with a ****load of landmines, come at me warrior.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by wickede View Post
    all you need to beat warriors is a team of all sabs with a ****load of landmines, come at me warrior.
    lol I can imagine someone doing the "wave" with good timing/placement of mines.
    White Fang

Adastra@Greybriar

Quote Originally Posted by Velkane View Post
    Haha, I think you're on to something there!
    He is since I got mail and somethng deleted about calling home last night lol

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by EvanX View Post

I notice your favorite phrase is "only warriors don't want warriors nerfed", or something to that effect. In this case, half the warriors. I'm curious how you know that half the warriors want their class nerfed. Do you have access to some survey that the rest us don't know about? Or is "half the warriors" just a guess? Or maybe you personally know such a massive sampling of warriors that you can extrapolate from the survey you took. Whatever the case I'm glad you're here to tell us how warriors feel. But then again, maybe I should ignore what you have to say. You are after all a rogue, and everyone knows that 40% of rogues tend to exaggerate. In fact you belong to an even rarer subset of rogues called talented-rogues-that-destroy-everything-in-their-path-yet--still-call-for-the-nerfing-of-other-classes. It's a very exclusive group.

I think some people in these forums are borderline obsessed with warriors right now. Why so black and white, good vs evil? Relax, if its so obviously OP it will get nerfed.
    LOL @ Qbert! There is some truth here I would say. For the record, I am for toning down certain warrior powers (hopefully along with looking at some of the broke stuff) but Q certainly doesn't have any issues with blowing up warriors. Maybe he's a paid advocate for our clerics? How much is Ty paying you? I'll double it!!

Nothing in this post should be taken seriously, just having some fun.
    Marduke

I notice your favorite phrase is "only warriors don't want warriors nerfed", or something to that effect. In this case, half the warriors. I'm curious how you know that half the warriors want their class nerfed.
    I guess it's just based on observation. There's Warriors like Oaf who practically quit the game because 1.8 made it so easy to blow people up in PVP, and there's Warriors like Majorin who think it's totally balanced to do this.
    Do you have access to some survey that the rest us don't know about? Or is "half the warriors" just a guess?
    I'd call it an educated guess, but really the point I'm trying to get across is that the only people who think you aren't overpowered are the people who are overpowered.
    Or maybe you personally know such a massive sampling of warriors that you can extrapolate from the survey you took. Whatever the case I'm glad you're here to tell us how warriors feel. But then again, maybe I should ignore what you have to say.
    Ignorance is bliss.
    You are after all a rogue, and everyone knows that 40% of rogues tend to exaggerate.
    Honestly, that figure is more like 80%.
    In fact you belong to an even rarer subset of rogues called talented-rogues-that-destroy-everything-in-their-path-yet--still-call-for-the-nerfing-of-other-classes. It's a very exclusive group.
    I've advocated time and time again for MM/RS to be nerfed, MM to be nerfed, and Sab to be nerfed, but that really isn't the case at the moment. The only reason people are even talking about those specs being overpowered is due to Warrior misdirection on the topic of Riftblade being overpowered.

It was a post about game balance, so I posted about game balance.

Edit:: And I suppose I should clarify: Warriors don't deserve a flat-out nerf. Their DPS/survivability ratio is skewed ridiculously to the former, it just needs to be balanced out to the latter. Whether that means toning down RB, LW, or RS, I can't tell you, but I'm fairly sure the sentiment is that something ought to be done. Maybe I'm the only person who thinks Warriors do too much damage, but I don't think I am.
    Last edited by Zaros; 06-08-2012 at 01:45 PM.
    ~Quiescent

Warrior damage is fine. Warrior mobility is not. Mighty Leap + Riftwalk negates almost any ability to kite. Riftstorm is iffy, a fire-and-forget skill that hits so hard is a bit silly with such a low CD with such a low point investment.

Mage survivability is too low and the class is just too heavily reliant on Dom generally.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast