+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 78
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: PVP Balance

  1. #16
    Shield of Telara
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    758

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ianto Jones View Post
    Warrior damage is fine. Warrior mobility is not. Mighty Leap + Riftwalk negates almost any ability to kite. Riftstorm is iffy, a fire-and-forget skill that hits so hard is a bit silly with such a low CD with such a low point investment.

    Mage survivability is too low and the class is just too heavily reliant on Dom generally.
    If a nerf is required - debatable but I am open to it if required - then I would like to see a % damage reduction. A CD to RW would cripple the RB soul and leave it at the mercy of mages and MM's. Any ranged class that survived the initial 2 or 3 bursts would destroy me. I would never be in range again. Hell, good mages and MM's keep me away now. If they were to do something as drastic as a RW nerd, you might see a chain reaction of mechanic nerfs and buff trying to rebalance. Much simpler and safer to do small incremental dmg reduction until the PvP stats begin to balance again.

  2. #17
    Ascendant Zaros's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    7,411

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EvanX View Post
    If a nerf is required - debatable but I am open to it if required - then I would like to see a % damage reduction. A CD to RW would cripple the RB soul and leave it at the mercy of mages and MM's. Any ranged class that survived the initial 2 or 3 bursts would destroy me. I would never be in range again. Hell, good mages and MM's keep me away now. If they were to do something as drastic as a RW nerd, you might see a chain reaction of mechanic nerfs and buff trying to rebalance. Much simpler and safer to do small incremental dmg reduction until the PvP stats begin to balance again.
    This is what I'd rather have, as well. RB should be a soul that brings more utility rather than damage, but allows for more target uptime. The opposite should be true with Champion.

    And really, if this makes me come across as some sort of monarchial Rogue whose only wish is to beat Warrior viability into the ground, I'm sorry. That's not what I want, I want overall game balance--but the current issue at hand is Warriors. I made a thread late into 1.7 about nerfing eradicate and you can see that most of the posts on it agreed that while Eradicate was overpowered, bigger issues were happening with 1.8 Warriors. What I'm trying to say, is I don't want you guys nerfed into the ground. I'm pushing for complete balance between classes, and that includes my own, but Warriors are easily the most pressing balance issue right now.

    I hope that helps.
    ~Quiescent

  3. #18
    Ascendant Kyera's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    5,402

    Default

    I'd take a nerf to Eradicate if it was more effective at removing stacked abilities (same goes for Cleanse effectiveness, actually).
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

  4. #19
    Shield of Telara
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    758

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zaros View Post
    This is what I'd rather have, as well. RB should be a soul that brings more utility rather than damage, but allows for more target uptime. The opposite should be true with Champion.


    I hope that helps.
    Ya it does.

    10/

  5. #20
    Ascendant HannonHellbringer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    2,142

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zaros View Post
    This is what I'd rather have, as well. RB should be a soul that brings more utility rather than damage, but allows for more target uptime. The opposite should be true with Champion.

    And really, if this makes me come across as some sort of monarchial Rogue whose only wish is to beat Warrior viability into the ground, I'm sorry. That's not what I want, I want overall game balance--but the current issue at hand is Warriors. I made a thread late into 1.7 about nerfing eradicate and you can see that most of the posts on it agreed that while Eradicate was overpowered, bigger issues were happening with 1.8 Warriors. What I'm trying to say, is I don't want you guys nerfed into the ground. I'm pushing for complete balance between classes, and that includes my own, but Warriors are easily the most pressing balance issue right now.

    I hope that helps.

    I get ya Zaros, I'm a little worried though that if warrior mobility is nerfed then what happens against rogues? Warriors vs Marksmen in that senario will be totally screwed, not to mention if IF we get in range the marks man has many ways to escape and thus leaving the warrior in the dust and turned into a pin cushion. Turning our highest mobility soul into a mostly utility soul will most likely not allow us to kill the Markmen fast enough before they can make an escape and with the DR as it is, the Marksmen will become immune to CC very quickly. It is already bad enough using 51champ because the warrior can be CC in mid flight while bullrushing and the rush is not quick enough to give the champ a chance, so you have to have thunderous leap and if you can another gap closer (I use warlord pull). Going into a hybrid spec for another pull effects 51champ damage but increases survivability, only problem if that, for example, warlord pull, it has no CC effect and in my experience, rogues just run quickly away as if not effected by it at all. And damage is not to much of an issue since it still hits hard enough to be a real threat to anyone but a full healer. Everything I think of that doesn't use riftwalk+planarblade is gimped vs high mobility specs to a pretty glaring degree at least imo.4

  6. #21
    Ascendant Misun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    The Sticks
    Posts
    5,802

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mekenna View Post
    I believe pvp is fairly balanced and Trion has done a good job.
    I disagree.
    Pridy Bebe of Mobile Death Squad @Faeblight

    DYER the best unofficial Rift forum.

  7. #22
    Ascendant Credo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    4,172

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kyera View Post
    I think there's some KotBS vs. Chosen anger being projected here.
    Well my blood pressure just shot up to an unhealthy level.
    Even free cost too much now

  8. #23
    Ascendant Oblivion333's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1,616

    Default

    Balancing PvP is a Utopian fantasy! I gave up believing and accepted reality that classes are unequal. This is why it is essential to have PvP guilds in this game. Team effort usually wins over imbalances of classes.
    Last edited by Oblivion333; 06-08-2012 at 04:44 PM.

    Covergirl Diamond
    <-Prophecy->
    Back in Action
    RIP Junlar the Great Cleric. I will cherish our friendship and bond for all eternity.

  9. #24
    Ascendant Ianto Jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    6,018

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EvanX View Post
    If a nerf is required - debatable but I am open to it if required - then I would like to see a % damage reduction. A CD to RW would cripple the RB soul and leave it at the mercy of mages and MM's. Any ranged class that survived the initial 2 or 3 bursts would destroy me. I would never be in range again. Hell, good mages and MM's keep me away now. If they were to do something as drastic as a RW nerd, you might see a chain reaction of mechanic nerfs and buff trying to rebalance. Much simpler and safer to do small incremental dmg reduction until the PvP stats begin to balance again.
    As a Mage I can tell you that "small incremental dmg reduction" doesn't happen.

    RIP Stormcaller
    Last edited by Ianto Jones; 06-08-2012 at 04:45 PM.

  10. #25
    Ascendant Credo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    4,172

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Misun View Post
    I disagree.
    There's a reason for that and it's not far from your keyboard.
    Even free cost too much now

  11. #26
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    32

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zaros View Post
    1.7 had the closest thing to PVP balance we've ever had.

    Now, Warriors need a nerf, mages need a slight buff, and Cleric DPS needs a slight buff.
    Then we'll be good. I think everyone can agree on that except half the Warriors who refuse to admit they're overpowered.
    I agree warriors need nerff, but mages need buff? It is joke? Mages have top dps and still good heal, they need not buff but nerff.

  12. #27
    Ascendant Taptap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Southern CA
    Posts
    2,472

    Default

    For crying out loud. Just in these few posts in this thread I've seen nerfs called for all 4 Callings. And each call for a nerf is based on 1v1. Don't you people ever play as a team? Really, I'm so tired of these knee jerk nerf/buff cycles ever since launch. Reminds me of WoW. It's not healthy. Just let it be and adapt. And quit playing just one Calling, it helps to gain some perspective.

  13. #28
    Champion
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    522

    Default

    The notion that the classes are balanced is laughable, to take just one area - the number of gap closers / CC breakers available to RB/RS and the amount of immunity in WF in relation to CC and the limited number of openers (for every ranged except MM) is simply way out of balance.

    Then when you add the CC that some melee possess as well it is even more ridiculous, my warrior reached 50 yesterday, it has been the most faceroll experience of all four classes levelling up in WF, I have ridiculous mobility (and that is with a low crit rate), I get a ranged silence, a ranged snare, a ranged root, a stun on bullrush and a root on riftwalk plus CC break, plus another CC break, plus break free and a fear (and when I fill in my A I will get leap). I basically have more or about the same (but better) than several mage souls and pretty much all my cleric souls, how drunk were the people who came up with this when they wrote it?

    There is simply no balancing that (or rs/whatever) in regard to CC and ranged classes.

    The zillion soul trees are a nice idea, but they don't really work.
    Last edited by Flimble; 06-09-2012 at 04:22 AM.

  14. #29
    Ascendant HannonHellbringer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    2,142

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flimble View Post
    The notion that the classes are balanced is laughable, to take just one area - the number of gap closers / CC breakers available to RB/RS and the amount of immunity in WF in relation to CC and the limited number of openers (for every ranged except MM) is simply way out of balance.

    Then when you add the CC that some melee possess as well it is even more ridiculous, my warrior reached 50 yesterday, it has been the most faceroll experience of all four classes levelling up in WF, I have ridiculous mobility (and that is with a low crit rate), I get a ranged silence, a ranged snare, a ranged root, a stun on bullrush and a root on riftwalk plus CC break, plus another CC break, plus break free and a fear (and when I fill in my A I will get leap). I basically have more or about the same (but better) than several mage souls and pretty much all my cleric souls, how drunk were the people who came up with this when they wrote it?

    There is simply no balancing that (or rs/whatever) in regard to CC and ranged classes.

    The zillion soul trees are a nice idea, but they don't really work.
    The idea of that much is because of fighting against other high mobility specs that can fire from 30+meters away. In lower brackets it is easy as hell, but balance is not possible in the lower brackets anyways, it sounds insane that warrior have access to such tools in their spec but when facing off against good mages or Marksmen, it is absolutely needed. Nerfing something too much might cripple the warrior vs ranged imo, that is why it is suggested that it is done with ease. Saying that RB's damage should be nerfed 50%, or RW+PB should be taken away, or RS should do far less damage impact the class greatly in different ways, nerf them all at one and the class will suffer.

    Lets stay away from the sledgehammer please.

  15. #30
    Ascendant Ianto Jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    6,018

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Taptap View Post
    For crying out loud. Just in these few posts in this thread I've seen nerfs called for all 4 Callings. And each call for a nerf is based on 1v1. Don't you people ever play as a team? Really, I'm so tired of these knee jerk nerf/buff cycles ever since launch. Reminds me of WoW. It's not healthy. Just let it be and adapt. And quit playing just one Calling, it helps to gain some perspective.
    In competitive team play, one class is significantly out-classed. Team PvP is dead for a reason.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts