+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By HannonHellbringer
  • 1 Post By Tyaus
  • 1 Post By Ashh
  • 1 Post By Sethantes
  • 1 Post By aux
  • 2 Post By Pett

Thread: I'd like to see funny death announements in warfronts.

Default I'd like to see funny death announements in warfronts.

I know things have gotten pretty tense with the nerf threads so lets try and ease the tension a bit. What kinda of funny death announcement would you like to see?

I vote "is a backpeddlers" upon death when a player dies do to back peddling instead of kiting.

Prophet of Telara

I say a Bunnyhop death would be neat, I do it alot.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyaus View Post
    Bunnyhopper!! >.< I'm guilty to.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyaus View Post
    LOL ^^^^^^ this right here. If I had a plat for every bunnyhopping death I've had I'd be the richest Motherf***er in Telara.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashh View Post
    LOL ^^^^^^ this right here. If I had a plat for every bunnyhopping death I've had I'd be the richest Motherf***er in Telara.
    LOL

I think Face planter would be a good one to. Someone that dies multiple times in a row without getting any kills or being a savior.

Sometimes the warfront announcement system gets hacked by the storm legion or the annoucer herself is hostaged by the endless and Matron Verosa takes over the 1MC.

She'd go

'Player x' died!
    'Player x' died again! followed by a maniacal laugh.
    'Player x' is fail!

And if you don't move for about 40 sec she'd announce you're afk.
    She'd also make a lot of misleading and sometimes outright lie announcement such as "Big Inc - Dex!"

aux

Kill messages would actually be nice.
    I'm so BORED

Someone falling to their death would be funny.

"X has slipped off a cliff and broke their pelvis!"

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by HannonHellbringer View Post
    I know things have gotten pretty tense with the nerf threads so lets try and ease the tension a bit. What kinda of funny death announcement would you like to see?

I vote "is a backpeddlers" upon death when a player dies do to back peddling instead of kiting.
    I back peddle sometimes, im also guilty of keyboard turning. As long as im having fun, i honestly cant say i care if people call me bad for it. Its a habit from another game which i cannot break.

As far as announcements, i'd like to see 'xxxxx got hit by the pain train' when dieing after hits from 4 or more players at once. Or 'xxxx got trolled' when the fall damage buff in Library fails.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Pett View Post
    I back peddle sometimes, im also guilty of keyboard turning. As long as im having fun, i honestly cant say i care if people call me bad for it. Its a habit from another game which i cannot break.

As far as announcements, i'd like to see 'xxxxx got hit by the pain train' when dieing after hits from 4 or more players at once. Or 'xxxx got trolled' when the fall damage buff in Library fails.
    There are some rare situations where backpedaling is necessary but keyboard turning? Its never good. Likewise I have 90% of my skills bound but there are a few I use regularly that I have to click for my own sanity (and not just the ground target ones).

As for death announcements?

"XXX was telefragged!" (when you die during the act of teleporting/warping) this seems to happen to me alot since I use my riftstalker warp to get out of situations and it always looks hilarious when you die during the act of it.
    Last edited by Khelendross; 06-08-2012 at 01:32 AM.
    Planar Breach Support Open World PVP and PVE!
    Sourcewell and PVP Rift Objective Based PVP A more resource efficient way of adding Open World Objective based PVP!
    Ember Isle Open World Style PVP Repurposing Lets do something with this amazing zone!

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Khelendross View Post
    There are some rare situations where backpedaling is necessary but keyboard turning? Its never good. Likewise I have 90% of my skills bound but there are a few I use regularly that I have to click for my own sanity (and not just the ground target ones).

As for death announcements?

"XXX was telefragged!" (when you die during the act of teleporting/warping) this seems to happen to me alot since I use my riftstalker warp to get out of situations.
    I mouse turn on the run using alternate keybinds for a limited number of skills. My left hand is damaged and lacks dexterity since an accident so i struggle to hit lots of different keys with it sometimes. Tends to be worse when its cold and since im in England....

Quote Originally Posted by Pett View Post
    I mouse turn on the run using alternate keybinds for a limited number of skills. My left hand is damaged and lacks dexterity since an accident so i struggle to hit lots of different keys with it sometimes. Tends to be worse when its cold and since im in England....
    I know your pain, I'm injured to. My left arm : (

This is actually a great idea!

That backpeddling one had me laughing irl. It's funny coz it's true!

I think it would be awesome, especially someone like me falling from height, 3/4 dead only to cark it with the message "Thamuz has cratered!" ala Quake.

Now that would be good for a giggle, surely.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by HannonHellbringer View Post
    I know your pain, I'm injured to. My left arm : (
    Its not that bad, More an inconvenience than anything else. Just fine motor skills are kinda crap due to nerve damage. They were severed and repaired but never gonna be perfect.

Heh, wonder if you are who i think you are... RG?

+ Reply to Thread