+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 30
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Cleric hybrid dps/heals needs to be looked at.

  1. #1
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    North America
    Posts
    1,602

    Default Cleric hybrid dps/heals needs to be looked at.

    I don't mind dps or heals in pvp obviously. I do have an issue with the combination of the two in certain classes. No class should have good damage and good heals in the same spec. When I say heals I am referring to abilities that heal other players in addition to yourself.

    Please nerf hybrid heal/dps specs. I don't mind when a cleric leads a warfront in damage if s good player. I do have an issue when this cleric does 500k damage but also 300k heals in the same spec and not swapping. To put in perspective a warrior can do 500k damage and have 10k self heals in the same match.

    After countless warfronts I believe this needs to be looked. The overpowered aspect to the hybrids will be more pronounced and broken if the game has larger battles with more people like Conquest. Please tone this down for the good of the game and balanced pvp.

  2. #2
    Ascendant Kyera's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    5,402

    Default

    Weakest troll thread of the three, bud. Get good.
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

  3. #3
    Shield of Telara
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    724

    Default

    WTB forum mod to remove these threads

    Thanks!
    Last edited by Fates; 06-07-2012 at 09:06 AM.

  4. #4
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    North America
    Posts
    114

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fates View Post
    WTB forum mod to remove these threads

    Thanks!
    He has a good point. Why should a class have high heals and dps in the same spec? I am a cleric and only heal in pvp. In pve I believe there is a place for hybrids. But in pvp it needs to be removed. It is honestly to overpowered.

    Also, he has a good point. There are several nerf warrior threads on the forum. I agree that nerfing warriors is stupid and unneccesary but if people want to complain about warriors they can complain about hybrid heals.
    Last edited by Mekenna; 06-07-2012 at 09:18 AM.

  5. #5
    Champion of Telara
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,352

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mekenna View Post
    He has a good point. Why should a class have high heals and dps in the same spec? I am a cleric and only heal in pvp. In pve I believe there is a place for hybrids. But in pvp it needs to be removed. It is honestly to overpowered.

    Also, he has a good point. There are several nerf warrior threads on the forum. I agree that nerfing warriors is stupid and unneccesary but if people want to complain about warriors they can complain about hybrid heals.
    Because he's obviously talking about Cabicar, and has no idea what the spec does. The only time it shows as powerful is in super massive collected group battles such as the bridge in Port Scion or when every person of the opposing team stands in the middle of BG. Sometimes it works OK in Whitefall escalation. Otherwise a Chloro/Pyro is far more effective at everything, damage, heals and surviving than any Cleric hybrid.

    The reality is, nerfing niche specs because a warrior (which is Majorin's only character and he has no idea how to play any others) is sad he can't heal at the same time as deal out the most oppressive DPS in the game -- is stupid.

  6. #6
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    North America
    Posts
    114

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Patchkid View Post
    Because he's obviously talking about Cabicar, and has no idea what the spec does. The only time it shows as powerful is in super massive collected group battles such as the bridge in Port Scion or when every person of the opposing team stands in the middle of BG. Sometimes it works OK in Whitefall escalation. Otherwise a Chloro/Pyro is far more effective at everything, damage, heals and surviving than any Cleric hybrid.

    The reality is, nerfing niche specs because a warrior (which is Majorin's only character and he has no idea how to play any others) is sad he can't heal at the same time as deal out the most oppressive DPS in the game -- is stupid.
    With conquest coming out should this spec be looked at though? I knew it was a cab btw lol. Thank you for kind and thoughtful response.

  7. #7
    Ascendant Pork Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,565

    Default

    Assuming that we're talking about a justicar hybrid, here. There are two scenarios where you'll see high damage and heals in a warfront:

    1) People are standing together and letting the cleric aoe them. Not a problem with cleric hybrids.

    2) People are letting the cleric stand there and spam BoJ/SH while healing the raid with DoL. Also not a problem with cleric hybrids.

    I have played this spec a LOT in warfronts, and any team worth their weight in **** will have at least one person harassing the cleric, forcing him into healing and preventing him from doing any real DPS.

    If we're talking about some other type of hybrid, then just LOL.

  8. #8
    Plane Touched Snags's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    229

    Default

    Majorin will you please stop making pointless threads just to create noise as a complaint about the nerf warriors thread? Don't you think an articulate post in there would be more useful to your warrior cause? I mean, adding threads for the sake of adding them will only make you look childish and invalidate everything you could say in that other thread...

  9. #9
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    North America
    Posts
    114

    Default

    But is it okay? People have complained non stop about warrior rift storm which is a melee based AOE. I am sorry but my cleric does alot of AOE danage. Rift storm is not even a ranged AOE. I still think the original poster has a valid point and it is something to look at.

  10. #10
    Plane Walker fripples's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    428

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kyera View Post
    Weakest troll thread of the three, bud. Get good.
    I disagree. Majorin's post about nerfing mage squirrels was the weakest troll thread. I guess it's debatable.

  11. #11
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    North America
    Posts
    114

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fripples View Post
    I disagree. Majorin's post about nerfing mage squirrels was the weakest troll thread. I guess it's debatable.
    Honestly, it needs to get nerfed. I am glad he took the time to post it. Also, when I reviewed the thread several people were agreeing with him. Are they all trolls then? Lol.

  12. #12
    Plane Touched Snags's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    229

    Default

    Poeple complain about riftstorm because you can keep moving and attacking while it's active :P

    (well, about its damage too I guess, but c'mon... clerics are behind other classes in dps right now, you can't really be complaining about that? :P)

    I really, really, REALLY don't get this "neeeerrrrrrffffffff! neeeeeeeeeeeEEEeEEEeEErrRRRRrRFFfFf!!" mentality... and I mean the warrior thread too, since it's someone with 800 valor that made it. Heck, I'm a lowly rank 29 healer and *I* posted in that thread saying that I think LW being uncleansable it's the only problem for me! :P
    Constantly asking for nerfs and having knee-jerk reactions to everything always is tiring and only hurts the game...

  13. #13
    Ascendant Flashmemory's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    3,966

    Default

    He is kind of right. I am all for balance and even having a cleric too. The healing/dps is a bit lol..compared to other class. CAB can do tons of damage too. Tons more than warrior unless they have dedicated pocket heals.

  14. #14
    Ascendant Baramos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    4,595

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Majorin View Post
    I don't mind dps or heals in pvp obviously. I do have an issue with the combination of the two in certain classes. No class should have good damage and good heals in the same spec. When I say heals I am referring to abilities that heal other players in addition to yourself.

    Please nerf hybrid heal/dps specs. I don't mind when a cleric leads a warfront in damage if s good player. I do have an issue when this cleric does 500k damage but also 300k heals in the same spec and not swapping. To put in perspective a warrior can do 500k damage and have 10k self heals in the same match.

    After countless warfronts I believe this needs to be looked. The overpowered aspect to the hybrids will be more pronounced and broken if the game has larger battles with more people like Conquest. Please tone this down for the good of the game and balanced pvp.
    When you see a cabicar you should be happy that they either aren't pure heals or pure dps. The heals look good over time as does the damage in some cases but overall both are mainly just fluff. Sure there are some exceptions here and there but those are few and far between.

  15. #15
    Ascendant Flashmemory's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    3,966

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Patchkid View Post
    Because he's obviously talking about Cabicar, and has no idea what the spec does. The only time it shows as powerful is in super massive collected group battles such as the bridge in Port Scion or when every person of the opposing team stands in the middle of BG. Sometimes it works OK in Whitefall escalation. Otherwise a Chloro/Pyro is far more effective at everything, damage, heals and surviving than any Cleric hybrid.

    The reality is, nerfing niche specs because a warrior (which is Majorin's only character and he has no idea how to play any others) is sad he can't heal at the same time as deal out the most oppressive DPS in the game -- is stupid.

    Cabicar is not a niche spec. I've been rolling with it in almost every warfront for like 6 months. The only warfront it doesn't seem to work too well is dex. I brought this up when they cried for nerfs to riftstorm...LOL. And the devs listened to the cry babies. The damage sab and cab can do and even fan out spammers are way more consistant and potent. Imagine if trion forced everyone to commit or die like the warrior class. No one would be able to run away only fight until they win.That is the problem..only one class is forced to commit or die..it should be every class.
    Last edited by Flashmemory; 06-07-2012 at 11:03 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts