+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Please look at Mage Squirrel.

Ascendant

Default Please look at Mage Squirrel.

The immunity to Mage squirrel needs to be increased to 30 seconds. Additionally, the time a character is effected by the spell needs to be reduced to 2 - 3 seconds. The fact players can be chained squirreled is a horrible pvp mechanic. The CC duration is to long. I propose decreasing it to be more in line with stuns and other effects that completely disable an opponent. Also, the fact it is such a powerful CC needs to be addressed and appropriately adjusted.

Quote Originally Posted by Majorin View Post
    The immunity to Mage squirrel needs to be increased to 30 seconds. Additionally, the time a character is effected by the spell needs to be reduced to 2 - 3 seconds. The fact players can be chained squirreled is a horrible pvp mechanic. The CC duration is to long. I propose decreasing it to be more in line with stuns and other effects that completely disable an opponent. Also, the fact it is such a powerful CC needs to be addressed and appropriately adjusted.
    30 seconds is very steep but I think it should make you immune for 10 seconds after it's cast on you also just to avoid hurting the cast times too much give passive cast speed to an ability in the dom tree = to about 33-50% of the cast time boost after squirrel.
    "If the young are not initiated into the Village, they will burn it down just to feel it's warmth"

annoying =/= overpowered
    overpowered == overpowered
    "What if it is He, pushing us down with his Noodly Appendages, that causes this force?...And the fact that the Gravitational powers of the Spaghetti Monster haven't been disproven makes it all the more likely to be true."

- The Gospel of the Flying Spaghetti Monster

aux

I keep getting chain damaged too, how about a 30 second damage immunity after getting hit with a finisher?

PS l2breakfree
    I'm so BORED

Why don't you just make a list of all the things you can't figure out how to deal with and put them all in one post so we can ignore it more easily. If everyone was like you and Trion actually did anything about it we'd be having patches very hour.

Squirrel, a mages only way of doing consistent damage in pvp outside of cooldowns and you want to nerf it? lol. squirrel needs to go and mages need more viable options than a gimmick

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Zaiana View Post
    30 seconds is very steep but I think it should make you immune for 10 seconds after it's cast on you also just to avoid hurting the cast times too much give passive cast speed to an ability in the dom tree = to about 33-50% of the cast time boost after squirrel.
    This only makes sense if it starts after you break out of it. So ten seconds after the CC effect ends. Why kill a healer when you can just chain CC them. Oh yea. Break Free has a cooldown timer.

Also, the cast should have some time and be able to get interrupted.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by kronor View Post
    Squirrel, a mages only way of doing consistent damage in pvp outside of cooldowns and you want to nerf it? lol. squirrel needs to go and mages need more viable options than a gimmick
    I think it would improve the game if the ability was removed. Mages don't need anything to replace it. The class is over the top as it is.
    Last edited by Majorin; 06-07-2012 at 08:57 AM.

I think it would improve the game if the ability was removed. Mages don't need anything to replace it. The class is over the top as it is.
    Give mages more defencive capabilities like shields,ports etc. Simply removing squirrell from mages just gimps us

Rift Disciple

Thank you for bringing this up. As a healer if I cannot heal it is the same as being dead. I have been chain CC by this ability to many times.

Mages are fine. I would chane the ability to a short range 2 second stun with a 30 second timer.

Plane Walker

Yeah nerf the immunity, also nerf the 20 pts you need to put to domi tree to get the instasquirrel... Make it only require 2 pts in domi tree then.

Also, all this talk is pointless and mages will get nerfed anyway if there are enaugh warr , rogue complaints... Since there aint a MAGE DEV who actually plays a mage.. Warr and rogue devs "balance" mages in Rift.
    Last edited by Drakedog; 06-07-2012 at 09:39 AM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Drakedog View Post
    Yeah nerf the immunity, also nerf the 20 pts you need to put to domi tree to get the instasquirrel... Make it only require 2 pts in domi tree then.
    Good point. They would need to add a longer cast time on it then.
    Last edited by Mekenna; 06-07-2012 at 09:40 AM.

Rift Disciple

Just get rid off all cc's, the only classes you need it against are melee and it only works against casters. If you did that you could get rid of flicker since its impossible to kite melee anyways and its mainly used just to get out of cc. They could also remove healing debuffs and just half the heals you do as chloro since you cant cleanse them anyways. They could automatically place numbers on mages heads to easier identify the free kills.

It should be 3 sec. tops in squirrel form...or even less.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Flashmemory View Post
    It should be 3 sec. tops in squirrel form...or even less.
    A break on damage like fear.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast