+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Please look at Mage Squirrel.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Majorin View Post
    The immunity to Mage squirrel needs to be increased to 30 seconds. Additionally, the time a character is effected by the spell needs to be reduced to 2 - 3 seconds. The fact players can be chained squirreled is a horrible pvp mechanic. The CC duration is to long. I propose decreasing it to be more in line with stuns and other effects that completely disable an opponent. Also, the fact it is such a powerful CC needs to be addressed and appropriately adjusted.
    It doesn't need to be addressed at all, much of the time it is borderline useless against the classes it is actually needed for - melee, 90% of whom play faceroll RB/** or RS/** specs which make CC a joke in this game.
    Last edited by Flimble; 06-07-2012 at 11:23 AM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Flimble View Post
    It doesn't need to be addressed at all, much of the time it is borderline useless against the classes it is actually needed for - melee, 90% of whom play faceroll RB/** or RS/** specs which make CC a joke in this game.
    You can't rift walk out of it. Breakfree has a timer. If only it could be Panda form.

You don't remember when CC was out of control I guess. Imagine being squirrel for 80% of the time during a warfront that last 20 mins. That actually happened in this game. CC was so broken that they had to do something about it. The mage class ihas been the most broken class in the game out of all the classes and they currently are still broken. Mage has the most ANTI CC in this game and the most CC.
    Last edited by Flashmemory; 06-07-2012 at 11:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakedog View Post
    Yeah nerf the immunity, also nerf the 20 pts you need to put to domi tree to get the instasquirrel... Make it only require 2 pts in domi tree then.

Also, all this talk is pointless and mages will get nerfed anyway if there are enaugh warr , rogue complaints... Since there aint a MAGE DEV who actually plays a mage.. Warr and rogue devs "balance" mages in Rift.
    Well right now wars are getting much needed heat and attention for the 38rb/28champ spec, i told people it was just too stupid crazy but everyone ran off to use it anyways lol

Mei

Give it a cast time and make it heal the squirreled player
    Fluent

Just halve the duration. Squirrel is only overpowered when you eat the full CC, when it's broken immediately it's perfectly balanced.
    ~Quiescent

You can't riftwalk out of the squirrel. And sometimes damages doesn't seem to break it, I thought it was supposed to break it. It might be bugged or something but I get tagged quit a bit before I come out of it.

Normally, if I see a mage I LOS ASAP until I can determine if they are going to be annoying or not. Use silences when you can and interuptes if you got them.

It should be tweaked but to take it away or nerf it to the group to the point it is game breaking is wrong, baby steps guys, baby steps.

Quite frankly, I couldn't care less about squirrel getting nerfed into the ground, but only if mages get some form of reliable, consistent casting haste in exchange through other means, and/or some really powerful instants with no CD. I'd actually prefer this in the long run to gimmick play that falls apart when targets are immune to CC.

I would, however, miss the rage of people who get mad when they're squirreled.

It's really not an overpowered ability in principle - it's just really obnoxious and happens to synergize really well with pyro and chloro. If you check the soul tree (check any online calculator if you don't play the class) you can see that you need points in Durable Control for Transmogrify to not break on the first 1 point of damage that the enemy receives, and the absolute maximum - all other factors at full potential - that you can bring someone down to with them staying squirreled is 86% of their maximum health.

Considering that many squirrel spamming builds go for immediate high damage, that means you (the squirrel) are probably going to break out after the first hit. That said, I don't disagree that full duration squirrel could use a slight reduction in time CC'ed. Max duration is, arguably, a problem with a lot of CC in this game, though.
    Last edited by Ajax1114; 06-07-2012 at 11:54 AM.

I agree on nerfing squirrel and along with it, look at the insta fireball mechanic. This combo is op as hell. Makes Riftstorm a joke.
    Steelwind Guardian Warrior
    DIVINE FURY Guild Laethys Server 4/4 TotDQ 4/4 FT 4/5 EE
    Storm Legion 2.2 61 Riftblade Guide
    Storm Legion 2.2 61 Tempest Guide

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Majorin View Post
    You can't rift walk out of it. Breakfree has a timer. If only it could be Panda form.
    It is useless much of the time because you will see immune, it is also cleansable, its uselessness is further increased by numpties who can't tell the difference between a mage squireling someone 25m away to basically get the casting speed boost and squirrelling a melee right on top of them, and can't seem to grasp whilst it is okay to attack in the first instance, in the second the mage needs time to get away (this would be less of an issue if rb/rs were bot so greatly OP ib teh mobility department).
    Last edited by Flimble; 06-07-2012 at 12:10 PM.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by HannonHellbringer View Post
    You can't riftwalk out of the squirrel.
    Read my previous post.

Quote Originally Posted by HannonHellbringer View Post
    And sometimes damages doesn't seem to break it, I thought it was supposed to break it. It might be bugged or something but I get tagged quit a bit before I come out of it.
    There is a dom skill called durable control, that enables a certain amount of damage to be taken before the squirrel is broken, but only on a target with more than 85% health.
    Last edited by Flimble; 06-07-2012 at 12:10 PM.

Rift Disciple

Damage will break an unspecced squirrel. Specced, you can take damage up to 3% +.3% per point in Dom of the mage's maximum health, so long as it does not reduce you below 85% of your own maximum health, without losing the squirrel.

aux

Quote Originally Posted by Flashmemory View Post
    You don't remember when CC was out of control I guess. Imagine being squirrel for 80% of the time during a warfront that last 20 mins. That actually happened in this game. CC was so broken that they had to do something about it. The mage class ihas been the most broken class in the game out of all the classes and they currently are still broken. Mage has the most ANTI CC in this game and the most CC.
    Squirrel 80% of the time? Try Battlefield Intimidated 90% of the time. Selective memory? DR is here because of warriors, not mages.
    I'm so BORED

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Flashmemory View Post
    You don't remember when CC was out of control I guess. Imagine being squirrel for 80% of the time during a warfront that last 20 mins.
    No, but I remember games where it took skill for me not to be kited on my rogue and CC was actually useful.
    Last edited by Flimble; 06-07-2012 at 12:13 PM.

Read my previous post.

There is a dom skill called durable control, that enables a certain amount of damage to be taken before the squirrel is broken, but only on a target with more than 85% health.
    Yea the DR is a bit wonky but I do get squirreled A LOT.

As for the second part, that explains a lot. I imagine that most of what is coming at me are the debuffs and then the damage which makes it seem like a lot. Thanks for the info. : )

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast