+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: It is time to look at ranged dps.

Ascendant

Default It is time to look at ranged dps.

Ranged dps is to high in this game and needs a substantial nerf. Here are the facts:

1). Due to the fact ranged dps is at 30 meters it is east to focus fire targets. The problem is that the damage is as high or higher then warriors. This is problem is worse when you consider ranged dps can wear pve gear because of distance.

2). Look at damage done / heals taken. Ranged dps can stand back at focus fire targets jn pve gear but require the fraction of the heals that a warrior or melee dps requires. If you consider the multiple roots, slows, and CC available to ranged dps something had to be adjusted. A rogue mm spamming etadicate, wearing pve gear, and doing the damage of a warrior but at 30 meters is horrible for the game.

3). Rogue sabs need a serious nerf. The damage, mobility, and CC is to much. Ivwould suggest removing the bonus of HK crystals in pvp. Removing the ranged stun.

In the end, any meaningful pvp will require a nerf to all ranged dps of ~20%. It is to easy for a group of 2 or 3 people to wipe everyone out. It takes minor coordination and few heals.

Something has to be done about rogue sabs. They do the damage of a warrior but at ranged and require only a fraction if the heals.
    Last edited by Majorin; 06-07-2012 at 07:40 AM.

That's adorable.
    Victz

formerly Victz@Deepwood, Deepstrike, Dayblind, Seastone
    originally Vic@Ashstone
    PvP in 2.0 | Healing vids from the good old days.

Troll hard, troll harder!

I see what you did there but tbh the only OP thing about ranged DPS is how insanely destructive multiple ranged dps focusing through one target can be (with ease), but that's just the old ranged VS melee thing.
    "If the young are not initiated into the Village, they will burn it down just to feel it's warmth"

Sword of Telara

Hah, I love the part about Sab mobility, that was really funny. :P I do play sab, I play mixes of pure pvp gear and hk crystal sets, depending on what sort of group I have. In either, I can take about 2 seconds with a melee on me. So... what do I do? I load them up, blast them.. throw all my bombs (my 1 minute cooldown) and pray they are low enough that I can toss another charge or two and blow them up before they are on me. With a P40 warrior, (in the current FoTM), I load/blow... they riftwalk/riftstorm and I respawn. If I was really lucky and got a timebomb on them... and all my charges off... they might die and we'll both be respawning. :P Good ol' tanky warriors generally just summon/smack me to death and laugh at my charges though... you might try that tactic too.

Warriors complaining about mobility with on-crit riftwalk refresh though, that's a rich one. Remember after a sabo "blows his load"... he's got a 1 minute countdown where he's kind of f'ed, and he's trying to find a place to hide. :P
    Last edited by Laban of C O; 06-07-2012 at 08:36 AM.
    Laban Rogue <That Guild>. Bad... good? I'm the guy with the gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Majorin View Post
    Ranged dps is to high in this game and needs a substantial nerf. Here are the facts:

1). Due to the fact ranged dps is at 30 meters it is east to focus fire targets. The problem is that the damage is as high or higher then warriors. This is problem is worse when you consider ranged dps can wear pve gear because of distance.

2). Look at damage done / heals taken. Ranged dps can stand back at focus fire targets jn pve gear but require the fraction of the heals that a warrior or melee dps requires. If you consider the multiple roots, slows, and CC available to ranged dps something had to be adjusted. A rogue mm spamming etadicate, wearing pve gear, and doing the damage of a warrior but at 30 meters is horrible for the game.

3). Rogue sabs need a serious nerf. The damage, mobility, and CC is to much. Ivwould suggest removing the bonus of HK crystals in pvp. Removing the ranged stun.

In the end, any meaningful pvp will require a nerf to all ranged dps of ~20%. It is to easy for a group of 2 or 3 people to wipe everyone out. It takes minor coordination and few heals.

Something has to be done about rogue sabs. They do the damage of a warrior but at ranged and require only a fraction if the heals.
    Don't you get tired of whining about other specs? Whether one spec has an advantage or not over another is mostly situational, and that's how its supposed to be. I play a rogue MM and in some situations and against some specs I do well. In other situations I'm dead meat in a heart beat. Rogue sabs often top the chart in damage but it's rare for one to kill me because there are ways to avoid their damage. If 2 to 3 ranged enemy are wiping everyone out on your team you are doing something (probably a lot) wrong.

I personally don't give two ****s about what happens to Sab. I don't play it, and I don't fear it. ymmv. ;)
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

Rift Disciple

Ranged dps is to high and needs to be adjusted downward. Thank you for bringing this issue up. I hope the devs can address how OP rogue sabs are in the game and ranged dps is with hotfixes and soon.

Thanks again!

Ascendant

Everyone complains about a bunch of warriors but not a warfront goes by without being targeted by two rogues, several mages, and that damn cleric at the sametime. It takes a full time healer with assistance to even keep me up to get in range of hitting anything. When I do the damage is as high as the ranged who have just been shooting me for the last ten meters.

Lol. I mean what do mages complain about when fighting each other. A fireball us the ultimate gap closer. No need for rift walk here.

Mei

Everyone complains about a bunch of warriors but not a warfront goes by without being targeted by two rogues, several mages, and that damn cleric at the sametime.
    It's a conspiracy against the warriors!
    Fluent

He's just trying to distract you from how overpowered Warriors are.
    ~Quiescent

Mei

Quote Originally Posted by zaros View Post
    he's just trying to distract you from how overpowered warriors are.
    Go speed racer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Mei; 06-07-2012 at 11:46 AM.
    Fluent

Yes, yes we get the distraction part. Lets get the warrior changes done and move on to other balancing issues.... Like warfront que!!!!

Back in the day when I wanted to run flags I busted out my mobile sab spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyera View Post
    I personally don't give two ****s about what happens to Sab. I don't play it, and I don't fear it. ymmv. ;)
    Seems you personally don't give two of those either about whether you can perform at peak potential in aoe situations. That is just blasphemy to my ears...turning down peak performance potential.
    Last edited by Violacea; 06-07-2012 at 12:21 PM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Soulwalker

If you consider the multiple roots, slows, and CC available to ranged dps
    Other than Transmogrify, do these CC's actual work? I know my static/crippling shots are almost always met with a resounding "IMMUNE".

3). Rogue sabs need a serious nerf.
    This I will agree with, though for different reasons. There is one thing I hate more than being squirreled constantly, or being stunned by riftwalking warriors - and that is the ridiculous damage of High Explosives that I seem to have active the entire game where there is a sab on the other team. Hell, if I can be undergeared and still pull 31 KB's and 1.5M damage in a game, something has to be off with Sab. I have seen what competent, geared sabs can do...

So... does this 20% nerf to ranged dps also include RB bursts? NB Flame Thrust? etc. Or are they ok, and only damage from 30+ yards out is bad? After all, 20 yards is not "Melee range"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast