+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By Sabryn
  • 1 Post By Charlice
  • 1 Post By Charlice
  • 1 Post By Synergis
  • 1 Post By Meina

Thread: Please legacy status prestige rank system and simplify the PVP system in Storm Legion

Soulwalker

Default Please legacy status prestige rank system and simplify the PVP system in Storm Legion

I am aware this is sensitive issue for many players, but I would like honest feedback. We are all aware that the level cap will be raised to level 60. I propose that Trion removes the prestige rank system and PVP titles are awarded for the amount of favor players earn over the course of time. The future level 60 PVP system should have new sets of gear, about four tiers worth, and the requirements for earning this gear is having the previous gear set item with the right amount of favor, first tier would be favor only. This will allow everyone to start a new character if he/she would like and not worry about going through redundant PVP steps. Plus I believe this process has been used in the pass with other MMOs and it was eventually socially accepted. It is also good to, “wipe the slate clean” once and a while to attempt to balance the PVP structure. Again, this is just my opinion and I am more than willing to read other suggestions.

I'm a bit on the fence about a gear progression PvP model or a flat stat based model where everyone gets the exact same stats. On the one hand, it's great to go after the gear but it IS a grind and new players might be put off by it. A flat stat system would level the playing field, but there would be no "progression," plus if you're not getting new gear for investing time in PvP, you're gimped in the open world or PvE groups.

I would kind of like to see a flat stat system developed, where no matter what gear you're wearing your calling has a baseline of stats that everyone gets when they enter a warfront. Tiers could be made to slightly increase it as you progress, but not so much as there would be a major gap between others. There probably wouldn't be a need for all the PvP stats anymore, instead it could just be "% of player damage reduced."

I was thinking that perhaps if this was ever implemented (it won't but I like speculating) that instead of favor you earn planarite/sourcestones for gear, so you wouldn't be gimped outside. I'd also like to see raid buffs that could be unlocked via PA or Prestige levels, that provide benefits in PvP.

I don't know about the same stats, but, I would like to think there will only be ONE set of armor at level 60.

With the stats. I can't see players that have made themselves slaves to PA, would like to think it was for nothing.

Den of Madness | Greybriar | Den of Badness | Derpwood

Why not tie progression into something that isn't gear?

wtb TWF 3 pst.
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

Sword of Telara

this game could solve all of its problems and keep everyone in the community happy if they allowed you to spend favor to purchase greater marks of ascension. now alot of people may jump on me and say they dont like the idea and thats fine. but it would give everyone a fair shot at acquiring gear that others have and it would also give the pve nerds a reason to hop into a warfront. ok now your going to say get in a guild and do some dungeouns if you want that gear yourself like everyone else does. well the problem is (and im sure alot of people have the same issue) by the time i get home from work and get on the game, its about 1 or 2am est time, and by that time it is too late at night to find a group to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlice View Post
    I don't know about the same stats, but, I would like to think there will only be ONE set of armor at level 60.

With the stats. I can't see players that have made themselves slaves to PA, would like to think it was for nothing.

You know me Charlice, I love the grind. Its nice to have equal playing field but the BIGGEST problem will be open world and how raiders will have the big advantage if there is no gear. One gear set is okay, but the progression will be gone and I like to be set apart from others in style and appearance. I think the three tier gear sets is good, just keep them close. When a new set comes out, instead of just dropping the first set and screwing over those that are stll grinding, boost players to their tier of gear. That way it won't seem like a huge climb.
    Last edited by HannonHellbringer; 06-06-2012 at 05:12 PM.

Mei

Quote Originally Posted by Ehxon View Post
    this game could solve all of its problems and keep everyone in the community happy if they allowed you to spend favor to purchase greater marks of ascension. now alot of people may jump on me and say they dont like the idea and thats fine. but it would give everyone a fair shot at acquiring gear that others have and it would also give the pve nerds a reason to hop into a warfront. ok now your going to say get in a guild and do some dungeouns if you want that gear yourself like everyone else does. well the problem is (and im sure alot of people have the same issue) by the time i get home from work and get on the game, its about 1 or 2am est time, and by that time it is too late at night to find a group to do it.
    Have you ever considered that some of us don't PvE because we don't like it - not because we can't get into it?
    Fluent

Quote Originally Posted by Ehxon View Post
    I can agree with this, I think. Of course you'll have the "hardcore" raiders complaining that PvPers are getting easy gear, but alot of PvPers don't raid, so who cares? It's not like we'll be slaying yon mighty dragon before them. It also gives raiders an incentive to log in a do something more than a raid and their daily expert, like you mentioned. Then we get more warfronts popping up, many more players, and MORE FUN. That's what the game's all about right?

I think some tweaks would be necessary, like a perma-buff while in a warfront that gives everyone 2-3k HP and 40-50% player damage mitigation. But I can see this working, and helping to bridge the gap between different playstyles and allowing players to be able to experience several aspects of the game.

Like yourself, I don't raid because of time difference and having no real desire to commit myself to a guild, so the PvE events I do are mainly zone invasions and IAs (both of which are alot of fun) so having access to raid gear without raiding is not really hurting hardcore raiders. You can already get raid gear without even stepping foot in a raid instance, anyway. I'm sure the elite raiders will bash you for not "earning" your gear which they worked so hard for - but you did earn it, right? You develop strategies and tactics to overcome situations, just like in a raid encounter. Gear is simply a tool, a crutch if you will, to give you a slight numerical advantage in a given situation.

Quote Originally Posted by HannonHellbringer View Post
    You know me Charlice, I love the grind. Its nice to have equal playing field but the BIGGEST problem will be open world and how raiders will have the big advantage if there is no gear. One gear set is okay, but the progression will be gone and I like to be set apart from others in style and appearance. I think the three tier gear sets is good, just keep them close. When a new set comes out, instead of just dropping the first set and screwing over those that are stll grinding, boost players to their tier of gear. That way it won't seem like a huge climb.
    Dear Taco King,
    Please clean out your mailbox.
    Kktks.

I don't see any need for more than one set of gear at 60 tbh, and I doubt I'll change my mind on that.
    Anything to narrow the stupid gear disparity, that is level 50 warfronts currently, to me is a good thing.
    They want to add some carrots, sure, let them be in the form of addornments (hell can't even think what they're called in Rift now) or add 'set bonus' runes or something.

The majority of players in warfronts want quality, evenly geared, matches. The only way to do that at the moment is .. ummm cross your fingers?

Dear Taco King,
    Please clean out your mailbox.
    Kktks.

I don't see any need for more than one set of gear at 60 tbh, and I doubt I'll change my mind on that.
    Anything to narrow the stupid gear disparity, that is level 50 warfronts currently, to me is a good thing.
    They want to add some carrots, sure, let them be in the form of addornments (hell can't even think what they're called in Rift now) or add 'set bonus' runes or something.

The majority of players in warfronts want quality, evenly geared, matches. The only way to do that at the moment is .. ummm cross your fingers?
    I don't like costume pieces, its like giving a real soldier a toy gun and telling him to go out and fight. >.<

I see what your saying though as far as gear disparity, but i think if the gear is close enough to each other and very competitive, I honestly think the disparity won't matter. It will also allow me to continue to grind for real rewards that I can be proud of.

Oh I just cleanded it out, got caught up eating my victory tacos!

Quote Originally Posted by HannonHellbringer View Post
    I don't like costume pieces, its like giving a real soldier a toy gun and telling him to go out and fight. >.<

I see what your saying though as far as gear disparity, but i think if the gear is close enough to each other and very competitive, I honestly think the disparity won't matter. It will also allow me to continue to grind for real rewards that I can be proud of.

Oh I just cleanded it out, got caught up eating my victory tacos!
    If all players, only had access to one set of gear, there would be less unnecessary nerfs in my opinion. It's not the souls that need balancing/nerfing/buffing in most cases it's the GEAR DISPARITY.

The carrots should be made smaller. The gear gap should be non-existent.

When I said adornments I didn't mean costume stuff. I meant PvP runes for more/all/different slots.
    Plus maybe offer a couple of different sets of jewlery/weapons for each class, and give them a set bonus.

If all players, only had access to one set of gear, there would be less unnecessary nerfs in my opinion. It's not the souls that need balancing/nerfing/buffing in most cases it's the GEAR DISPARITY.

The carrots should be made smaller. The gear gap should be non-existent.

When I said adornments I didn't mean costume stuff. I meant PvP runes for more/all/different slots.
    Plus maybe offer a couple of different sets of jewlery/weapons for each class, and give them a set bonus.
    After see what trion is putting into the new set of gear I'm excited and I'm tasted the effort they can put out in design. I fear that with one/nogear in pvp, the devs might not put as much effort into gear design since everyone will look exactly the same or just switch to costume slots. I suggest just making the disparity barely even there and the only real difference should be endurance/vengeance.

The runes/jewlery is a cool idea too. I just want REALLY good design and different sets so not everyone is running around like clones.

First off tacos.

I'd like to see 2 different sets of pvp gear honestly. A defensive set with it's own synergy crystal and a offensive set with it own. Not gonna get into details tho cause I'm using my phone. Someone run with this.

GSB Conq/ROS Conq/HK Conq/ID Conq
    4/4 TotDQ
    4/4 FT
    2/5 EE
    <The Chosen>

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Mei View Post
    Have you ever considered that some of us don't PvE because we don't like it - not because we can't get into it?
    that was my point in the post. i was just saying that towards all the hardcore raiders that had a problem with my idea. i dont like pve-ing anyways. i dont want the pve gear for raiding i want the pve gear for pvp. point being is you put up any fight (duel) of 2 of the same exact classes that have all 66 points spent in the same soul, one is wearing a 2 or 4 piece pve set along with the weapon(s) with a synergy crystal and the other is wearing all pvp valor gear with the pvp weapon(s), who do you think is going to win???? all these warriors arent walking around pvp'ing with a kraken spine or the new sycthe for no reason.......
    Last edited by Ehxon; 06-06-2012 at 07:10 PM.

I agree that the ranking system is superfluous. I see it as nothing more than a way to make us grind 2 currencies (favor & prestige) to progress in one activity. Prestige and ranking does nothing more than act like a throttle to slow progression down a bit, and that can be accomplished in other, better ways.

As for how many sets of gear there should be, I'm fine with there being 3 or 4 sets as long as they progress intelligently.

In a 3 set system, the first set should practically fall from the sky, allowing newly minted 50's to get a starter set of PvP gear very quickly. The second set should take just a little longer than the first, but should be nowhere near as long as the last.

The last set is where the real grind should kick in. At least half the gearing process should be spent on getting the top set of gear.

In this way, we get people competitively geared rather quickly, but we allow the more dedicated players an edge if they want to grind out the top set. This also maintains a progressive feel for the people who like that sort of thing.

We can also add a fourth, low end set that is crafted if we want to make getting into PvP that much easier.

Also, and this is key, each step in gearing process should not include dramatic stat boosts. We should never have a system that puts the top set light years ahead of the next set down. By keeping the stat improvements low between sets, we foster a more level playing field which, as far as I'm concerned, is a much more fun PvP environment.

+ Reply to Thread