+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Warfronts: What would you add to them?

Rift Disciple

Default Warfronts: What would you add to them?

I got off tangent in a prev thread but I wanted to repost it here with it's own topic to see what others could come up with regarding the WF's.

Basically, post what you think Trion could do to add to the existing WF's to better them and make them more challenging and exciting.

Below are some quick ideas I had. What's yours?

Im all for the Oh sh*t factor. i.e.'s: 1. drop a boss down at a random point in the WF have him/her wreck havoc around the zone/including the players. 2. This is Rift afterall why not have a true Rift storm (whirling mass of dark energy or whatever type of Rift is chosen at random) that paths to the most conflict in the warfront? If the player gets touched by the mass they are killed, but let them take an extra minute of rez time in stead of the usual 30sec timer, would players learn to get out of the way? I doubt it, but hey it would be fun to watch and participate in. Also, if not the players have it path random and it destroys the flag,node etc. Then the players would have to advance and battle over another to take over. 3. Drop a boss down at a random time interval have said boss steal the stone in WFS, then the players would have to defeat the boss to get the factions stone and then run it. 4. BG have the boss or Rift path to the person holding the fang, who knows it might like to eat the energy the fang produces. These are just some that would spruce up the WF's and make them more challenging. For the Library on the bonus weekends just have two stones, both set in the middle. Free-for-all carnage ensues with the added bonus that if the stones are within x amount of feet (like they do now) it kills the players outright after x second go by.

Anywho, just thinking outloud and trying to get a good topic posted with ideas rather than most of the negativity that's going around about pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by Balrog21 View Post
    I got off tangent in a prev thread but I wanted to repost it here with it's own topic to see what others could come up with regarding the WF's.

Basically, post what you think Trion could do to add to the existing WF's to better them and make them more challenging and exciting.

Im all for the Oh sh*t factor. i.e.'s: 1. drop a boss down at a random point in the WF have him/her wreck havoc around the zone/including the players. 2. This is Rift afterall why not have a true Rift storm (whirling mass of dark energy or whatever type of Rift is chosen at random) that paths to the most conflict in the warfront? If the player gets touched by the mass they are killed, but let them take an extra minute of rez time in stead of the usual 30sec timer, would players learn to get out of the way? I doubt it, but hey it would be fun to watch and participate in. Also, if not the players have it path random and it destroys the flag,node etc. Then the players would have to advance and battle over another to take over. 3. Drop a boss down at a random time interval have said boss steal the stone in WFS, then the players would have to defeat the boss to get the factions stone and then run it. 4. BG have the boss or Rift path to the person holding the fang, who knows it might like to eat the energy the fang produces. These are just some that would spruce up the WF's and make them more challenging. For the Library on the bonus weekends just have two stones, both set in the middle. Free-for-all carnage ensues with the added bonus that if the stones are within x amount of feet (like they do now) it kills the players outright after x second go by.

Anywho, just thinking outloud and trying to get a good topic posted with ideas rather than most of the negativity that's going around about pvp.
    Interesting. It could be pretty chaotic when you have something like a boss essentially force a team off a control point and turn the tide of the battle. Or like a mobile "planar storm" that would kill anyone that lingered more than a few seconds inside it, which could easily force a turtle team to get moving. Sounds nice for Whitefall maybe.

I still want a Seige Warfront. Give us a castle to assault and storm the ramparts, then fight our way to the keep in a bloody battle. Without PvE objectives.

This

10 char
    Playtime - p4x Guardian Rogue - Bloodiron
    Sma - p4x Guardian Mage - Bloodiron

Quote Originally Posted by Misterjingo View Post
    This

10 char
    I found the laser part of rune vessel quest in Runic Descent vaguely reminiscent of that scene.

If they did this:

http://www.valmerwolf.com/mappe/BG/bg-thidranki.jpg

It would make a lot of people very happy.

A persistent keep seige WF.
    Playtime - p4x Guardian Rogue - Bloodiron
    Sma - p4x Guardian Mage - Bloodiron

Ascendant

5vs5 guild fights.

PS: You do know trion just lizenzed an engine for destroyable environment for Rifts Expansion? ^^
    Last edited by Antigonos; 06-06-2012 at 02:40 AM.

Rift Disciple

A mini 'quest' that gives everyone in your spawn double valor or something of that sort. Teams that are severely outmatched and farmed should have a way to level the playing field. I like that power build ups in Black Garden, but honestly 150sp/ap on one person isn't going to affect the out come. Change that to a valor buff for people up top.

Probably 2 out of 10 warfronts are evenly matched and to me that's what's hurting pvp in this game. It is not fun to kill people effortlessly, nor is it fun to have your entire team sitting by the GY instead of getting farmed.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Antigonos View Post
    5vs5 guild fights.

PS: You do know trion just lizenzed an engine for destroyable environment for Rifts Expansion? ^^
    Is it for the whole world as well? I figured it was only zone specific to the titan?

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Misterjingo View Post
    If they did this:

http://www.valmerwolf.com/mappe/BG/bg-thidranki.jpg

It would make a lot of people very happy.

A persistent keep seige WF.
    Yeah, a Keep type ongoing scenario would be cool indend!

Rift Disciple

Default dude...

PvP is for PvP not for random bosses popping up, i don't wanna have to kill random things if i'm in an intense 5v5 team battle, that would kill the game. **** your ideas.
    Averwinge - Hailol
    #1 PvP Phys WW

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Averwinge View Post
    PvP is for PvP not for random bosses popping up, i don't wanna have to kill random things if i'm in an intense 5v5 team battle, that would kill the game. **** your ideas.
    Who said anything about a boss popping up in a 5v5 battle? I'm talking only the existing WF's dude.

Rift Disciple

Who said anything about a boss popping up in a 5v5 battle? I'm talking only the existing WF's dude.
    I know what you mean, but if it corners down to a 5v5 in a warfront, and then a random boss pops and starts killing people it wont be fun.
    Averwinge - Hailol
    #1 PvP Phys WW

Rift Disciple

and this would be totally random NOT all the time.

Soulwalker

Default Thoughts on Warfront Changes

Under lvl 50:
    * Take the group and UP thier level, hit/valor etc. to a common level
    This makes it fun and skilled based as lower levels are then competitive and not missing. is frustrating being in low end of bracket and being stuck with other team having multiple upper end bracket toons. Hard to hit, High resists and generally, a complete waste of time for one side.
    * GraveYards should have immunity to having players take damage.
    Aimed at NO GY farming.
    * A small radius around the GY area should empower that factions players.
    Let them get out of GY to play strategically.

Level 50
    * Break up WF's to 3 types - P1-19, P20-P39 and P40.
    - During low times breakup to next lowest level applying the balancing mechanism as listed above.

ALL WF's
    * Penalize ALL characters a ressurction time wait upon death. (20 seconds, 30 seconds etc.. depedning on appropriateness of WF(s).
    * Let characters loot corpses for currency and items.
    This would allow those that like to pvp to continue to pvp wihtout the lack of currency to buy supplies.
    alternate idea:
    * Reward those that stay for end of the battle with currency/item(s) for repairs and supplies

I realize from a programming viewpoint this can be complicated but it would address the imbalance and lead to better game play.

Kudos to you for trying to stimulate discussion on what would make WFs more fun, but I have to say that I really dislike your particular ideas. All they do is add randomness to a game mechanism (WFs) that is supposed to rely on teamwork, strategy, tactics, and skill. You're trying to turn a WF into a PvE raid. Just think about it ... one of the most hated aspects of warfronts right now is that the outcome is often determined right up front by random imbalances in class or rank composition of the teams ... and you want to add more randomness to the match itself? That just doesn't make sense to me.

Nor does putting two rune vessels in the middle of the Library so that everyone can fight in the middle over them. That just turns Library into another Black Garden.

My preferences for change in WFs would be (in order):

1. Fix the team composition imbalance for class (healer vs dps) and rank. Quit making us endure an entire match that was lost before it started.

2. Add an automatic voice chat channel for every WF, with each player being able to opt out and the leader having the ability to lock out abusers. Give us the ability to actually coordinate what we do and educate newcomers.

3. Add more content to WFs that provide multiple ways to win. PS and WS:Escalation have their faults, but a win is often up for grabs right until the end and that makes them exciting.

4. Add a siege-type WF with castles that require multiple defense points (main gate, parapets, tunnels, etc). It wouldn't even require coding siege weapons ... normal dps would be OK.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast