+ Reply to Thread

Thread: questions about pvp + beyond

Telaran

Default questions about pvp + beyond

hi i just back to rift afther long sleep(7+ month)
    i would like know few changes

1. what is max tier now? i remmber it was 8
    2. how hard it now get max pvp level and gear
    3. i wanna play dps or healer class for pvp
    what u recommand what is best in solo play in pvp and in warfronts

4. how balanced now pvp? last time i remmber i was in 1.2 or 1.5

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Godest View Post
    hi i just back to rift afther long sleep(7+ month)
    i would like know few changes

1. what is max tier now? i remmber it was 8
    2. how hard it now get max pvp level and gear
    3. i wanna play dps or healer class for pvp
    what u recommand what is best in solo play in pvp and in warfronts

4. how balanced now pvp? last time i remmber i was in 1.2 or 1.5
    I just got back a about 10 days ago so I think I can help you out...

The max tier is 40 but it's basically rank 8, they just sub-divided each tier into five smaller tiers. When I left I was rank7, I came back at rank36.

It took me a week to get from 36 to 40. You don't have to wait until you're rank 40 to buy the best gear now so gearing up is less problematic. When I hit rank 40 I still needed the belt, gloves and jewelry...about 200k favor to complete the set. Not too bad, easy to get in another week or so.

I play a healing cleric with basically no dps to speak of. I get targeted constantly and I'm always taking damage. However, I can turn the tide of a warfront...I like having that ability. If your playstyle is more about killing other players I'd stay away from clerics for now. As for world pvp, I can run around solo most of the time...if I get attacked I just heal and cleanse and knock them back into mobs until they leave me alone.

PvP is fairly balanced with the exception of geared out warriors. They perform well above any other class at max gear levels and can kill players extremely fast no matter how much healing you're pushing to them. I honestly got a heal on a guy for 8800 and he was dead before I could cast a follow-up spell.

Telaran

at what level i can get top pvp gear now ?

Games fine, balance is fine, play what suits your style, love it or hate it.

1 question you could find with google. The nexts answer is 'no', that it is not hard. The next is your own choice. Why listen to what a bunch of internet d00ds tell you to play. Eff us, play what you want. Balance is fine, but you will run into people that decimate you. The game is balanced fine in theory. You will get flattened even as a top rank player though. If you can't handle getting flattened or consider that imbalance, it exists. But people die just as fast, and generally quicker, in games with more 'balanced' rule sets. So as I said, game is balanced fine.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Prophet of Telara

I was able to buy everything but the top synergy crystal at rank 36. I got the weapon obviously, and then the best upgrades til I was out of all my leftover favor from before I left (chest, legs, etc.). I was pretty decently geared before I even queued for my first warfront.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Maladon View Post
    I was able to buy everything but the top synergy crystal at rank 36. I got the weapon obviously, and then the best upgrades til I was out of all my leftover favor from before I left (chest, legs, etc.). I was pretty decently geared before I even queued for my first warfront.
    on what level u got everything beside crystal?

and does the top pvp gear equal to relic Hk gear or the new Raid gear?

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Godest View Post
    on what level u got everything beside crystal?

and does the top pvp gear equal to relic Hk gear or the new Raid gear?
    I was level 50, rank 7 (old system where rank 8 was max) when I quit playing last year. I returned and was level 50, rank 36 (my old rank 7 was converted to rank 36 in the new system).

I know nothing about raid gear. I'm assuming at least some of the weapons (warrior wpns) are considerably better based on the destruction I'm seeing them do in the warfronts.

Champion

Balance is terrible, in several ways:

Many, many WF are a forgone conclusion before they have even begun. Nothing to do with skill or pre-mades vs pugs, simply one side will often have significantly more low ranks than the other. Secondarily there is no class composition balance and the nerf to healers has in some ways made this worse, I've had far more WF with no cleric healer on one side or the other since 1.8, so now a cleric that does heal in some ways has even more impact (especially if they have a geared warrior to heal)

Classes are more unbalanced then they were in 1.7:

- Clerics are still last when it comes to DPS.
    - As usual when Trion buffs they go over the top, so sabs are OP (especially if they use PvE weapons, crystal & and 2 or 3 bits of PvE armour).
    - With the healing nerf warriors are now even more the best class to pocket heal (warriors boost also helps)
    - Same old fundamental flaws of too many gap closers/CC breakers in things like RS basically render CC useless much of the time and kiting impossible outside of MM or gimmick pyro build with 11 in SC.

In general the rather poor state of PvP in this game is reflected by the drop of people participating.
    Last edited by Flimble; 06-05-2012 at 09:55 AM.

^^^ now lets pretend any of that typed above is actually true.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    ^^^ now lets pretend any of that typed above is actually true.
    Let's pretend any of what you ever type is true.
    Last edited by Flimble; 06-05-2012 at 10:12 AM.

I just returned myself after being away for 6 months. I had just hit P8 at the time I left so I returned halfway through P38. Getting to P40 took 3 days. I am still grinding favor for gear. I had my staff already and yesterday I finished the basic set. Still need jewelry and the crystal. I bought a seal off the AH.

As for balance, my mage still gets tore up by rogues, warriors, and better players, but I will say I am enjoying things more now than 6 months ago. My server was dead, queues were long, and it felt like I was losing 9 times out of 10. I wouldn't say things are 50-50 now for win/loss but it's a heck of a lot better.
    Beyond the point of caring.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by FourRums View Post
    I just returned myself after being away for 6 months. I had just hit P8 at the time I left so I returned halfway through P38. Getting to P40 took 3 days. I am still grinding favor for gear. I had my staff already and yesterday I finished the basic set. Still need jewelry and the crystal. I bought a seal off the AH.

As for balance, my mage still gets tore up by rogues, warriors, and better players, but I will say I am enjoying things more now than 6 months ago. My server was dead, queues were long, and it felt like I was losing 9 times out of 10. I wouldn't say things are 50-50 now for win/loss but it's a heck of a lot better.
    That's great to hear that you are once again enjoying PvP. We're definitely going to need all the cann... err, participants, that we can get for Conquest!

Favor gain still needs a massive boost. I'd say +50%. When you hit P40, you won't have attained the Favor you need to even have one full suit of equipment (armor, weapons, source engine, essences). Even if you use Favor vials. Let alone that some classes need multiple weapon sets (as a Cleric, I want 1H, Totem, Shield, and 2H for various builds). And buying the consumables only makes it worse. I personally think you should have acquired enough Favor to buy all equipment at P40, and have purchased and used Consumables. Right now, the consumables serve as just another big gap creator that existing P40s have, because no one under P40 can afford to spend their Favor on them.

In terms of balance, I think balance is pretty good. I think we'd have almost perfect balance if we eliminated all PvE weapons and crystals. The only tweaking that might be required, once we eliminate PvE weapons, would be to AoE damage output. Sabs and Cabs seem a bit too high. MM is a bit too high, considering how great it is at ST damage, but it's not that much more than what a Stormcaller does.
    Arch General Velkhar, P50 Cleric
    PvP Healing: Purifier, AoE Healer, Senticar, Ward/Sent
    PvP Open World: Duracell-esque

Default Reality ruler ...

Flimble ******************** "the truth" ******************** Violacea

Both make some valid points, but with perspectives from the opposite extremes.

+ Reply to Thread