+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Fix pvp.

Soulwalker

Default Fix pvp.

I am sick and tired of being a useless cleric in pvp we do less dmg then EVERY CLASS, all i can do in WF's is heal myself against a dps, if i try to dps i just lose a toone of HP. why is it that healing clerics can do nothing BUT heal, i relaize we are healers but its completely bull that i cant even throw in one dps spell cause it takes up the same ******* global as healing it makes no sense. back to the less crappy game of world of warcraft ( where i can actually somewhat dps as a healer to keep myself alive)i guess, this PVP is like AGE OF CONAN pvp, if you arent one specific class, then why play? It's unfortunate that you dont even clearly test pvp before you impliment patches, you just wing it and hope for the best.
    Last edited by Punriq; 06-04-2012 at 08:59 PM.

I like my Cleric and can't say I feel how you feel. Maybe you should be a Warrior alt and mash Riftstorm for fun.
    Even free cost too much now

Cleric DPS is fine, hence people like Lealora, Fourtyfour, Siege, Tyrannicus and occasionally Glan.

I can't tell you how they do it, but I can tell you it's definitely possible to be competent DPS as a Cleric.
    ~Quiescent

Quote Originally Posted by Punriq View Post
    I am sick and tired of being a useless cleric in pvp we do less dmg then EVERY CLASS, all i can do in WF's is heal myself against a dps, if i try to dps i just lose a toone of HP. why is it that healing clerics can do nothing BUT heal, i relaize we are healers but its completely bull that i cant even throw in one dps spell cause it takes up the same ******* global as healing it makes no sense. back to the less crappy game of world of warcraft ( where i can actually somewhat dps as a healer to keep myself alive)i guess, this PVP is like AGE OF CONAN pvp, if you arent one specific class, then why play? It's unfortunate that you dont even clearly test pvp before you impliment patches, you just wing it and hope for the best.
    Full heal clerics
    Hybrid heal/dps clerics
    pure dps clerics

Pure DPS ones will get pwnt and hardly keep themselves up against a determined dps
    Hybrid heal clerics can put up a good fight especially against an opponent without heals, and if they use CC properly against their enemy
    Full heal clerics aren't suppose to harm a fly. That is why Rift gives you the flexibility to go so pure in healing your damage is abysmal. But your healing potential is substantial enough for teams. It's like it all fits.

What do you want to do. Be able to do enough damage in a full heal spec and kill people who give you a problem. If you want to do damage grab a DPS soul in the mix. /shrug, the potential is in you. You can put the slider exactly where you want it. Well, you can't have 2 sliders though.
    Last edited by Violacea; 06-04-2012 at 09:17 PM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Zaros View Post
    Cleric DPS is fine, hence people like Lealora, Fourtyfour, Siege, Tyrannicus and occasionally Glan.

I can't tell you how they do it, but I can tell you it's definitely possible to be competent DPS as a Cleric.
    You need PvE gear to DPS as a cleric. At least from what I've seen. You sure can't do much at P32, not compared to what a P32 Warrior, Rogue, or Mage can.
    Arch General Velkhar, P50 Cleric
    PvP Healing: Purifier, AoE Healer, Senticar, Ward/Sent
    PvP Open World: Duracell-esque

Mei

Quote Originally Posted by Velkane View Post
    You need PvE gear to DPS as a cleric. At least from what I've seen. You sure can't do much at P32, not compared to what a P32 Warrior, Rogue, or Mage can.
    Heroic

nuff said
    Fluent

Quote Originally Posted by Velkane View Post
    I can't tell you what gear they wear, but I run into them frequently in Warfronts and they're almost always the best DPS, topping either KBs/damage or both, and those aren't padded stats either. If I run into them head on, they HURT. Maybe something magical happens at R40 that makes them viable, but they definitely are.

Actually, I lied.. I know for a fact Tyrannicus only wears PVP gear.

Edit: Oh yeah, also Hikos and Heroic. They're all amazing. And Clerics, at that!
    Last edited by Zaros; 06-04-2012 at 09:21 PM.
    ~Quiescent

You answered your own questions. "Why is it that healing clerics can do nothing BUT heal?", because it's a healing cleric.

Think of DPS and healing as being on a scale of 1 to 100

If you have 100% healing, you should have little to no DPS.

If you have 100% DPS, you shouldn't have any healing.

If you have 50% healing, you should only have 50% DPS.

It doesn't always work out quite that way, but you get the picture.

Seeing as a healing cleric is arguably the best healer in the game, it shouldn't have much DPS at all. If it have uber healing and great DPS, no one would play any of the other classes / roles.

And you are not useless in a WF. The role you have chosen by creating a healing cleric is to heal your team mates. Your DPS comes from keeping your team mates alive so they can hand out the damage.
    Last edited by Meina; 06-04-2012 at 09:22 PM.

Good clerics don't seem to share your problems.

Den of Madness | Greybriar | Den of Badness | Derpwood

Quote Originally Posted by Meina View Post
    You answered your own questions. "Why is it that healing clerics can do nothing BUT heal?", because it's a healing cleric.

Think of DPS and healing as being on a scale of 1 to 100

If you have 100% healing, you'll have 0 DPS.

If you have 100% DPS, you shouldn't have any healing.

If you have 50% healing, you should only have 50% DPS.

Seeing as a healing cleric is arguably the best healer in the game, it shouldn't have much DPS at all. If it have uber healing and great DPS, no one would play any of the other classes / roles.

And you are not useless in a WF. The role you have chosen by creating a healing cleric is to heal your team mates. Your DPS comes from keeping your team mates alive so they can hand out the damage.
    This is true too, but they can also DPS just as well as any other class.
    ~Quiescent

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Charlice View Post
    Good clerics don't seem to share your problems.
    Good clerics (in regard to DPS) do not compare to good mages or good rogues, the cab party trick at PS doesn't count for much.

Why hello.

Inquisitor has the highest non-cooldown orientated burst in the game, I run full pvp gear and one focus ring when I dps.

The lack of mobility can be incredibly frustrating at times, and it is certainly FAR more viable at higher gear levels, but once you get there, it is very very good.

There are pros and cons, and maybe one day I'll get around to writing a pvp guide for clerics both healing and dps, maybe, possibly. But for now. 51 inq 10 sent 5 ward is the best ST spec you can have for pvp (it's really hard to spend those points wrong).

P.S. Remember pvp dps is all about burst ;).

Quote Originally Posted by Zaros View Post
    Edit: Oh yeah, also Hikos and Heroic. They're all amazing. And Clerics, at that!
    I heard Hikos can't even beat a 51 Pyro.

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto Jones View Post
    I heard Hikos can't even beat a 51 Pyro.
    3-0.

Keenblade champion.

UMADBROSKI.

Hehehehe
    Last edited by Hikos; 06-05-2012 at 04:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hikos View Post
    3-0.

Keenblade champion.

UMADBROSKI.

Hehehehe
    You know when you play air hockey with your significant other, and you know that they're self-conscious about being bad, and they're gonna get really mopey if they lose, and you won't score that night? It's like that. I knew you'd get all wrist-slashy on me and then I wouldn't be graced with your dulcet tones over the aural magnificence of the fax machine you live in for a whole week.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast