Closed Thread

Thread: So much for any hope of pvp balance

Default So much for any hope of pvp balance

Introducing new souls when Trion has failed to balance the current ones, adding levels which of course means more stats and new gear as well which will also have to play in the balancing act. Now you will have to deal with not only higher ranks but higher levels. As if new 50's weren't already screwed.

So we get great news in they are working on pvp content, wtf good is it when the game will be more unbalanced than ever? I was just getting back into the game again, and while there are still balancing issues it is probably as close to balance as it has been in quite a while. Stormlegion is a pve exclusive expansion for sure, not because it does not add pvp content, but because it disregards any affect the new pve additions will have on pvp.

In the end I am tired of chasing the carrot, as a casual player every time I get close to the carrot Trion pulls it further away making players like me perpetual fodder for people who have more time to play. I get rank 6, they move it to rank 8, I get rank 8 they change it to 40 and put me back at 37 or whatever it was. Get 40 and working on getting geared up......now this. Before the elitist come in and say MMO=Grind, I disagree. MMO's devs that suck too much to create meaningful content need grind to keep people with A.D.D. interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Mako482 View Post

In the end I am tired of chasing the carrot.
    I would run far far away. To be honesty if anything, with the features Rift is getting and the direction of level cap raise Rift is probably going down a reminiscent path of Eq2. Model wise that is how they did their expansions. Same thing to, you would get raids at the beginning of the expansions. Then when the expansion was halfway into it they would release a new raid zone or two with some of the best loot. Then at the end sometimes they'd release a heroic zone or something with amazing loot almost like raid loot on the brink of a new expansion release. Get all the raid gear, new expansion comes out, sometimes level cap raise, new raids, new gear slots, new AAs to spec, new spells for every class, new stats to consider. Honestly the 'carrot' will always be there and always pushed farther, that is probably going to be the bread and butter of Rift. Some like that some don't. I wouldn't ever expect to hit the ceiling too too long in this game. And don't get used to any spot you get in, best I can say for these games. You have to enjoy the game and the on-going experience.

We see it differently though, the new soul I am very excited about. To make an FPS analogy I see it as possibly getting a sweet new gun to my arsenal. I just hope it is a sweet role. I really am not to concerned over what the other callings are getting for a soul, I am excited for the rogue one and if it delivers that counts for me. They've shown they keep tabs on pvp values for stuff as it's gotten adjusted, I don't expect anything to go crazy too soon. If anything we are fine based on all the lower rank buffing curves they've tossed out and little 'help-me-outs'. I am not against them but, they do help I am sure. They certainly are not needed, that is something I won't agree with.

This game isn't suppose to be balanced, were using different machines per different calling. Calling vs Calling is not balanced. Calling vs Calling is typically a matter of who has the better spec for the situation. Wf's are rarely isolated situations so that throws calling vs calling almost out the window for serious considerations. All 4 of them can perform really high when played well.

Overall it has nothing to do with meaningful content, it's just a simple model. I play pretty casual and don't have guildies etc, and I end up at capped on things for quite a while. But, more comes out, whatever, I just get it. No use in wishing for a state to never go away. Stuff is always going to come out, always. If you view it as grind after grind, it's not that elitists prefer grinds or say suck it up. It's that they're not elitists and just people with a different opinion who enjoy the game model. I personally like how they release new rewards and cool things to chase. Before you lump me into some crazy generalized category like you did with others who enjoy that style, it is just pure preference. My true gaming love quake 3 I played for 7 - 8 years straight with no sense of carrot on a string. Actually there never was a physical one, just aspiration to aim good. I don't need ZOMG REWARDS EVERYWHEREZ to be happy in a game at all, but that seems to be the style of MMO many fall into. Carrot on a string says it the best, and there always is one. It's a big market, I doubt you are going to like Rift though. It is not static enough for your tastes.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

I'm very casual. I play about 14-16 hrs per week.

I have one capped P40 Rogue.
    I have one P38 Warrior, that will be capped soon enough. Maybe in 2-3 weeks.

The grind is not bad at all. It's actually quite enjoyable. More so then the annoying, scripted PvE raid grind.

Countless Experts -> Countless T1 -> Countless T2s -> Countless T3s... Doing the same dance over and over to hopefully get one upgrade here and there.

New Souls o.O where. I want to read
    "You lost me at Balance"

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Am0n View Post
    New Souls o.O where. I want to read
    http://stormlegion.riftgame.com/en/

No specific details though, just a mention of four new souls. My bet is we'll get a bit more info during E3.
    White Fang

Adastra@Greybriar

Quote Originally Posted by Adastra View Post
    http://stormlegion.riftgame.com/en/

No specific details though, just a mention of four new souls. My bet is we'll get a bit more info during E3.
    Thanks .
    "You lost me at Balance"

Ascendant

pvp is well balanced, problem is, players arent ...

Hi everyone,

We have closed this thread and would like to take a moment to explain why. We do welcome all feedback, even when it is negative or critical, but we do ask that it is respectful and constructive, please.

If anyone has questions or concerns about this thread closure, please feel free to contact us at community@riftgame.com.

Thank you!

Closed Thread