Closed Thread
Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By MannSeastone
  • 2 Post By Misun
  • 1 Post By Violacea
  • 1 Post By Nsayn1

Thread: lol cant believe I used to tell people low level rift pvp was fun.....

Sword of Telara

Default lol cant believe I used to tell people low level rift pvp was fun.....

because its not. Its turned into the gear dependant nukefest that high level pvp has always been.

Time was low level pvp in Rift was brilliant, balanced and fun, but having played a few matches today, I see that is sadly no longer the case.

who ever came up wiht the idea of xp locking needs their arse kicking. Its just institutionalised ganking.

I used to level alts just to pvp up whilst levelling, as high level pvp sucked. I see that instead of fixing high level pvp the devs decided to **** up low level pvp too.....nice one.

Whilst I do like Trion, I think PvP is really not their strong point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega326 View Post
    While we're making wild accusations without any backup, I'm going to go ahead and say that you are a 12 year old horse named Suzy that lives in a crater on the moon... and I am absolutely correct.

Relax, they're getting rid of twinking next patch.

Majn
    Be healed and be well.

Can you elaborate? I've never heard of this before.
    Pridy Bebe of Mobile Death Squad @Faeblight

DYER the best unofficial Rift forum.

Yes, back when the lower levels were fun. Back when it was balanced and there wasn't a 9 level potential disparity coupled with some people who cares about gearing up their toon with blues/purples as they level up.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

I, too, long for the days where I could queue up and play with my tongue.
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

OH and just to fill you guys in.

PvP gear actually isnt the best gear for PvP... keep that in mind!

OH and you get bolstered now in warfronts.. so you actually don't need PvP gear at all!

And due to said bolstering anybody who DOES have their ineffective PvP gear had to work twice as hard to get its uselessness! Only to find that any enemy they face probably has a similar value without the gear!

OH and PvP gear is useless for Raiding high level content! So if you wanna raid you better go farm another set of gear!

Infact.. why bother with PvP at all! :P:P

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by V1rul3n7 View Post
    OH and just to fill you guys in.

PvP gear actually isnt the best gear for PvP... keep that in mind!

OH and you get bolstered now in warfronts.. so you actually don't need PvP gear at all!

And due to said bolstering anybody who DOES have their ineffective PvP gear had to work twice as hard to get its uselessness! Only to find that any enemy they face probably has a similar value without the gear!

OH and PvP gear is useless for Raiding high level content! So if you wanna raid you better go farm another set of gear!

Infact.. why bother with PvP at all! :P:P
    The reason for 'borthering' with PvP is simply put this way..."PvE = playing chess with a ****** that makes the same moves everytime; PvP = Playing Chess" PvE is fun don't get me wrong..but it's people like you that fail to understand the lore and fight between the two factions that irritate me D: (Was a Glad in WoW for several seasons and had an RL friend that was the main Druid healer for Fatum Imperium when they were top 80 in the world). Both sides are fun..but please don't bash something you don't play

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by zetans View Post
    because its not. Its turned into the gear dependant nukefest that high level pvp has always been.

Time was low level pvp in Rift was brilliant, balanced and fun, but having played a few matches today, I see that is sadly no longer the case.

who ever came up wiht the idea of xp locking needs their arse kicking. Its just institutionalised ganking.

I used to level alts just to pvp up whilst levelling, as high level pvp sucked. I see that instead of fixing high level pvp the devs decided to **** up low level pvp too.....nice one.

Whilst I do like Trion, I think PvP is really not their strong point.
    Except the gear ya need for low lvl pvp takes a few hours to get vs months at 50. Very good comparison. Level locking is fun and a good way to be able to equalize yourself a bit more when ya hit 50. Most ppl complaing about twining are no skilled hacks that dont gear themselves at all. When i see ppl crying in a wf then inspect them almost always they have empty gear slots. If youre past 18th and still have ring slots open I am talking to you! Doesnt matter if theres level locking or not some ppl will gear most wont, some will pot and drink most wont, some will use rift consumables most wont. Ppl will still get owned and wonder why after the patch and Im sure they will still cry. They can also add longer ques to their QQ list so enjoy nubs.
    Last edited by Nsayn1; 06-03-2012 at 04:58 AM.

Hi everyone,

We have closed this thread and would like to take a moment to explain why. We do welcome all feedback, even when it is negative or critical, but we do ask that it is respectful and constructive, please.

If anyone has questions or concerns about this thread closure, please feel free to contact us at community@riftgame.com.

Thank you!

Closed Thread