+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: PvP All-Star Draft!

Shield of Telara

Default PvP All-Star Draft!

So since the forums seem to be filled with negativity about everything to do with PvP I decided to make a scenario to see how people would approach it. If you were the GM of a new guild and had to gather the best 5 man possible in a draft who would you pick?

Here is how this will work... You have 6 rounds and must pick at least one of each class excluding yourself (yes sorry no ego). The first 5 picks will be your main 5 man while the 6th will be the alternate. I do realize this will be extremely biased, but if you want to win you will want to pick the best. After each draft pick give a short little reason why would draft them (it can be funny or serious don't matter).

I understand you might not agree with others pick but please be considerate of their opinion!

Round:
    1. Hikos (cleric)- All good teams are based around great healing. DPS can always be interchanged but you need a cleric to keep you team together and do all the little thing. Without a doubt one of the best clerics I have had the pleasure of healing with.

2. Gkane (warrior)- Well who else is going to hit on all the e-ladies? Seriously though no one does more damage than kane.

3. Nerdcontained (cleric)- Every team needs a mascot and mine is no different. You will be hard pressed to find a cleric harder to kill.

4. Pocketemu (rogue)- Well someone has to spam eradicate! He is also a pretty beast target caller and every team needs one.

5. Baucesome (warrior)- He might not do the most damage or talk the most trash, but when it comes to team play no one is better. You tell him to do something and it is instantly done which is exactly what you need from a team player.

6. Vitalone (mage)- This was literally impossible to pick because I am obviously a very hard judge of mages, but when it comes to Dom he knows his stuff. I don't think he has played in a little while, but was one of the only mages we ran in our premades.

The main reason I am making this post is because I would love it if RIFT had create your own matches. If we had that option it would be great to do a PvP league where people could put their names into a draft and have captains to draft teams. We could then create a league set up in round robin style system to fight each other over a few weeks. I know it may seem a little far fetch, but I just want to see how people would draft if we did have this option to create our own WFs.

Either way have fun with it and let me know who you want!!!!
    Last edited by Fates; 06-01-2012 at 09:48 PM.

I want Keldor, Tyaus, Skavok, Mazely, and Skeezy. My alternate is .. Ehm.. Jolies.
    Last edited by Zaros; 06-01-2012 at 10:03 PM.
    ~Quiescent

Mei

**NO SPECIFIC ORDER**

Montage: hard for most players to dent, plays well with Morbid

Morbidpuppet: same first reason, plays well with Montage

Deceiver: provides great support heals, CC, snares, and locks down healers and DPS

Vyndetta: he is the bane of all life

Kaspurtz: he's Kaspurtz

Alternate:
    Heroic: what healers?

Reason for this comp: it has never lost in kills.
    Last edited by Mei; 06-01-2012 at 10:21 PM.
    Fluent

Telaran

Default Easy money

Handi, rhet, Danceswithmyself, Q, Tyaus and baucesome

Fryday - pro dps mage. One of the few mages that makes me mad in game.

Dancingwithmyself - pro dps rogue. I can substitute him in for me since no egos are allowed.

Parfaite when she actually played the game and healed - pro heals, she tries and is fiesty. Could be team mascot 17 y/o s--- talker 5 foot girl. Token personality of sorts.

zaros (can't spell your game name this late) - I guess you can play support? (que as a bard and and swap role, my team can cheat, no ego's allowed pt. 2 sorta)

Testurcules - hes in it to win, I also don't know many warriors. He made a player rage in a WF I was in, enough for my team. I like his tactics.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

This should be interesting. O.O
    Last edited by Plastique; 06-01-2012 at 11:02 PM.

Farewell, Rift! Perhaps we'll meet again.

My line up will be for prue self destruct capability. Also they would beat anyone In /Y chat
    I would pay to read /p chat while this group is in a BG

anmila.
    fripples.
    Cyborg, (Viod bolt)
    Robes. This guy here is like the igniter to get the rest firing.
    Majorin.
    Sixth man, Testercules is here in case we never see Robes again to finish what was started.

Champion

Formi still play?

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by rennlc View Post
    Formi still play?
    I don't think so havent seen her around in forever

Quote Originally Posted by Plastique View Post
    This should be interesting. O.O
    Did you draw your avatar and sig?
    Wqrriqr: 207850 Defiants decapitated

Old Videos: PVP1 & PVP2
    0/11 HK 1/1 GW2

I like Nerdcontained 'cause he's a thug, doesn't qq for help, doesn't leave the top dps, and always tries to heal people before himself. I always put clerics on /focus so I know where they are. Never seen him dps spec. Never see him LoS by himself as roguebait.
    Wqrriqr: 207850 Defiants decapitated

Old Videos: PVP1 & PVP2
    0/11 HK 1/1 GW2

Quote Originally Posted by Testercules View Post
    I like Nerdcontained 'cause he's a thug, doesn't qq for help, doesn't leave the top dps, and always tries to heal people before himself. I always put clerics on /focus so I know where they are. Never seen him dps spec. Never see him LoS by himself as roguebait.
    I agree with ya here. He played a warrior for the conquest test and ripped everyone up as well. Kissingaiur is a fantastic healer. Not the best geared, but definitely tough to take down and he knows his stuff. Most of the warriors are bads that I can kite forever on my rogue. Mohican is a freaking annoying mage. He has 9.5k HP, runs a Chloro/Dom hybrid, and does not die. He also CCs pretty well. Most of the rogues are backpedaling Fanout spammers.
    Piras@Faeblight
    Elsing@Faeblight
    <Celestial Might> [Retired: Hartzekarr and Greogard]
    My CD is now available for purchase here: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/opus-1/id580677269

Khrill, Nordain, Ferboten, Andymonster/Noxer, uh... maybe Ereldys? idk. Really, just the first three, and then two of anyone. Yes, I am biased.

Edit: Oh, six rounds. Hmm. I have to think about this.
    Last edited by Kyera; 06-02-2012 at 07:12 AM.
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

I'd say Skavok, Skeezy, Gkane, Glan, and Montage. Triple Riftstorm every 30s, goooo!

Skavok: The Ultimate Warrior.
    Skeezy: Excellent warrior, good battlefield awareness.
    Gkane: Can't evaluate him, too busy looking at green bars (he hits hard).
    Glan: Extremely durable and skilled healer.
    Montage: Same as Glan, but runs 38 Sent/28 Puri, which complements 39 Sent/27 Warden very well.

Alternate: Edubb for jammin' tunes and moral support.
    Last edited by MannSeastone; 06-02-2012 at 07:23 AM.

Majn
    Be healed and be well.

Aah great an american topic...

can u pick both guardian + defiants? or only players from the same faction?

if both factions it would be:

mage dps - ragnor
    cleric Heals - byona
    rogue dps - lirycx
    rogue dps - reaping second choice aileena
    warrior dps - lordos
    Last edited by Bionitro; 06-02-2012 at 08:08 AM.

Brobey, Cleric Healer, EU.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast