+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree79Likes

Thread: What makes you most likely to rage in a warfront?

Default What makes you most likely to rage in a warfront?

I thought this would be a fun vent topic and possibly a way for Trion to get an idea about what generally brings down the fun factor. Basically, what circumstances or actions by other players make you most likely to get irritated while in a warfront or even leave completely?

(Note: Please try to keep it civil and avoid arguing with others, so that this thread doesn't get moderated into dust.)

Some of my personal favorites are:

Whitefall - Most of my team fighting a few of the enemy team in the middle of the map while the rest of the enemy team grabs our flag and makes it halfway across the map uncontested
    Codex - When my team is repeatedly banging its head against codex while totally ignoring other nodes
    Black Garden - When someone drags the fang up by spawn (on either side)
    Port Scion - A few try to leave bridge in the enemies' hands so that they can farm them
    Library - 3-4 vessels up and no one picking them up

DPS Clerics
    ~Quiescent

I'll rage out of a WF in a heartbeat if they aren't serving hot dogs.

The only chance I have at competing with the big epeeners is by having a spare handy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax1114 View Post
    Port Scion - A few try to leave bridge in the enemies' hands so that they can farm them
    Sorry for adding to your rage. Depending on what the score is at the time I am generally a big fan.
    MMO VAULT (Video Game Music) ➜ https://www.youtube.com/c/VideoGameMusicSoundtrack

Sword of Telara

Hitting random, and getting Whitefail.
    Laban Rogue <That Guild>. Bad... good? I'm the guy with the gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Baramos View Post
    Sorry for adding to your rage. Depending on what the score is at the time I am generally a big fan.
    Admittedly, it is more of an "empathy for the other team" thing, so I can get past it to an extent.

Rift Chaser

"Oh its a premade on the other team because 5 people are on the same server. Im not even gonna try since its an auto loss and stand here in the spawn and not contribute"

Math begins in 3...2...1....

General of Telara

Codex - People constantly taking the flag by Defiant spawn area when they can't get the COdex or even keep hold of Thontic

Black Garden - Clerics and Mages going DPS so we have no healers making the Fang extra painful

Library of Runemasters - People hanging around the middle dominating the fight yet still losing because idiots are too stupid to grab the rune vessels

Port Scion - People running head on at the Bridge even when outmatched instead of going round to church and makign a pincer movement

Whitefall Steppes - Being in Whitefall Steppes.

In addition to the specifics, Clerics not going healer - I have no issue with clerics not always wanting to heal, but when you have 5 in group and no one is healing it's just silly

Leaders too dumb to pass assist or mark up, probably the number 1 irritation for me.

Mei

Quiescent focus firing my solo queued "you know what."

EDIT: C'mon, you know I was talking about a donkey.
    Last edited by Mei; 06-01-2012 at 02:53 PM.
    Fluent

Quote Originally Posted by Asteldian View Post
    Codex - People constantly taking the flag by Defiant spawn area when they can't get the COdex or even keep hold of Thontic
    That is exactly what you are supposed to do to get Codex.
    MMO VAULT (Video Game Music) ➜ https://www.youtube.com/c/VideoGameMusicSoundtrack

Two things happened today that made me want to bang my head against the wall.

Whitefall weekend bonus:

Match 1: This dumbass sees that we are pushing back to their base so in the beginning he decides to take the stone and run with the group and help kill people. All the way up to their spawn point till he dies. While the whole time we are yelling at him to run the stone back to our base. We almost lost that game just because of him. I was appalled. Stupidrambowarriorsjesus *mumbles*

match 2:

In the beginning we push up to mid and end up taking it and get stone. The defiants were pushing back hard though. Once one of our team mates got the stone EVERYONE in the group ran back with him. One of our team mates were barking out commands:
    Dumbass: "We need 2 groups to protect the stone or we will loss"
    Not a Dumbass(aka me): "Ah.. what? How do you expect to get mid back with only 5 people pushing? All we need is 1-2 people to protect the stone and yell out if they need assistance if they get overwhelmed"
    Dumbass: "No we will loss if we don't protect the stone, 1 group pushing mid is fine"

After this there was a long arguement where this kid pretty thought he was right and i was confused how he couldn't see how bluntly WRONG he was.

WHHHHHHHHHHAT? Who do you think my team listened to? Mr. Dumbass. Do you think we won? No. Defiants held mid and capped 3 stones in a row while everyone was at our base defending the door.

-__________- long day...... yeah
    Last edited by LOveRH; 06-01-2012 at 03:01 PM.

Warriors that you only see when they have Riftstorm up.
    My side has 2 Warriors and 1 Cleric, the other side has 5 Warriors and 4 Clerics
    My side has 8 Rogues like it's 1.5
    When I PvP on my Rogue when I could be PvPing on my Cleric
    Even free cost too much now

Rift Chaser

DPS not protecting their healers ><

people complaining about the heals is also on my list, but those people got straight on /ignore. But really, when *their* DPS walks through our lines to start hitting me on heals *and* no-one on our team bothers to even try to peel them off, I know it's a loss...

Pets. Being oom with a pet attacking me is just about peak rage for me.

Also, when we're pushed back to gy in BG, and half our team is just standing at the ledge soaking up dmg.

Also, having to run a mile to get ooc in PS.
    Last edited by victz; 06-01-2012 at 03:59 PM.
    Victz

formerly Victz@Deepwood, Deepstrike, Dayblind, Seastone
    originally Vic@Ashstone
    PvP in 2.0 | Healing vids from the good old days.

I'm more likely to laugh at idiots than rage at them.

Den of Madness | Greybriar | Den of Badness | Derpwood

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast