+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: Storm legion - ignoring PvPers yet again

Rift Chaser

Default Storm legion - ignoring PvPers yet again

Dont see a single thing indicating any new PvP content with the newly announced expansion. Lots of new dungeons, but we cant get a new map for PvP?

I dont see the point myself on getting the expansion since I only PvP and all the new content is for PvErs as usual. (1.9 doesnt cut it, sorry guys but conquest just isnt good enough.)

How is the increased level cap going to effect prestige? Were now going to have to get level 60 gear so all of the p40/p50 players are going to have to grind favor all over again just to get new gear? This is seriously annoying.

Even free cost too much now

Quote Originally Posted by Anmila View Post
    How is the increased level cap going to effect prestige? Were now going to have to get level 60 gear so all of the p40/p50 players are going to have to grind favor all over again just to get new gear? This is seriously annoying.
    After the expansion if I was a new player (or new character or new to pvp) hitting end game levels I would rather "grind" out a new set of ranks against similar ranked enemies than have to do ranks 1-50 against rank 50s like it will be next patch.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Baramos View Post
    After the expansion if I was a new player (or new character or new to pvp) hitting end game levels I would rather "grind" out a new set of ranks against similar ranked enemies than have to do ranks 1-50 against rank 50s like it will be next patch.
    And as a player who already grinded out to p40 I will not be griding massive amounts of favor just to get the new level 60 gear.

Trion really screwed things up with the prestige system and now bumping the level cap is going to make it even worse.

If were going to be needing huge amounts of favor due to the cap, I wont be playing anymore.

As a player who played to enjoy the game to P40 I will continue to play to enjoy the game at level 60.

People out questing again all around the same gear level to gank? Sounds fun again.

Open world pve content is pvp content.
    Last edited by spaceboots; 06-01-2012 at 09:56 AM.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Credo View Post
    As a player who played to enjoy the game to P40 I will continue to play to enjoy the game at level 60.
    Thats up to you but I doubt Im the only one that feels that way.

Just hold your pants a bit...

They are adding so much new landmass, without any specifications on what it is for, it would not surprise me if a portion of it is a persistent open world PvP area with one of those new dungeons being a PvP accessible dungeon. (ie the faction holding the open world area gets access to that dungeon.)

Hardly anything has been elaborated on. No need to nerd rage just yet.

Thats up to you but I doubt Im the only one that feels that way.
    While that's true, and I won't attempt to take away your right to have your own opinion, but I'm sure that I'm not the only one not upset by this. Just a difference of opinions really.

And as a player who already grinded out to p40 I will not be griding massive amounts of favor just to get the new level 60 gear.

Trion really screwed things up with the prestige system and now bumping the level cap is going to make it even worse.

If were going to be needing huge amounts of favor due to the cap, I wont be playing anymore.
    You realize these are many of the same devs as Warhammer right? That went to rr100...
    Shayde@Seastone

Quote Originally Posted by Arcshayde View Post
    You realize these are many of the same devs as Warhammer right? That went to rr100...
    lol they have more realm ranks than players

1.9 is bringing about a massive revamp to the gearing system, a bunch of new gear, improvements to the current gear and a whole new concept for PVP. That's enough content to last a long while IMO, not the mention the gear grind revamp will entice more people to PVP, and the more people who PVP, the better incentive Trion has to make more content. Like I've said before: Baby steps, baby steps.

But thats assuming the expansion brings nothing to PVP, which is plain wrong. If anything, the content brought with the expansion will only facilitate more PVP. More souls and more levels means more new builds than you can count, which is the best form of new content you'll ever get--more things to compete against. There's new cities, new landmasses--in other words, more wPVP. I would also be very surprised to not see T2 PVPA be released between then and now.

There's a lot of content incoming, just because you don't directly see "X # of new Warfronts" doesn't mean there isn't going to be a lot to PVP about in the near future.

Personally, I'm about as excited as I've ever been for Rift content. Things are really looking up.
    ~Quiescent

you are getting 10 more pvp ranks and conquest

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    When time allows I'll be looking at the issue with the class guys.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Zyzyx View Post
    you are getting 10 more pvp ranks and conquest
    Again, Im not into conquest, and whats the fun of 10 ranks when you get no new actual content? Adding 10 ranks just gives more of a grind for gear.

That said, whats the point of even grinding to get to p50 and get the gear when its all going to be tossed as soon as level cap hits 60. Going to have go do the grind all over again for the level 60 gear. (And all on the same old warfonts even.)

Conquest doesnt look appealing to me, just people zerging from point to point where no other players are so they can cap the objectives, so much fun............

Again, Im not into conquest
    This is pretty much why I can't stand the "lack of pvp content" complaints. Trion could spend a decade designing the greatest pvp system in the history of mmos, but its success would depend ENTIRELY on what WE make of it.

All PvP content boils down to the competition from other players. If you don't think there's enough competition, I'm sure we could muster up a list of players/5-mans/guilds that would welcome a challenge.
    Victz

formerly Victz@Deepwood, Deepstrike, Dayblind, Seastone
    originally Vic@Ashstone
    PvP in 2.0 | Healing vids from the good old days.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast