+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: The truth about twinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Nsayn1 View Post
    Twinks never woulda been that much of an issue if you nubs wouldnt band together and sync que.
    I thought the mercenary system negated the benefits of sync queuing.

Oh, wait.

It does.

All sync queuing does is improve the chances of you being in the same WF. It does very little to ensure that you're on the same team.

In fact, due to the small player pool in low level WF's and the mercenary system, people who sync queue are almost guaranteed to be split up between the two teams in a WF. This makes it more likely that there will be twinks on both teams, which is actually a good thing.

Oh and use the 120sp pa enchant.
    Which almost everyone agrees should have been nerfed, including most of the people supporting XP locking.

Quote Originally Posted by Meina View Post

Oh, wait.

It does.

All sync queuing does is improve the chances of you being in the same WF. It does very little to ensure that you're on the same team.

In fact, due to the small player pool in low level WF's and the mercenary system, people who sync queue are almost guaranteed to be split up between the two teams in a WF. This makes it more likely that there will be twinks on both teams, which is actually a good thing.

Which almost everyone agrees should have been nerfed, including most of the people supporting XP locking.
    I now wait for cries of 50-59 twinking. This is going to be hysterical.

10 more adventure levels hahahahaha. Rank 40 PvPers abused for being twinks. New 50's crying on forums. Oh nothing new really.

9 more levels of twinkage. And hey, we're already geared for it.

Den of Madness | Greybriar | Den of Badness | Derpwood

Hoping the ten new levels are flatter advancement than the previous 50.
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisN View Post
    In regards to all the people who twink, I'm looking forward to beating up the bad players who twink, when they come back to the level 50 bracket.

I really wanted to call those bad players another name but I'm sure some person would complain endlessly to a moderator.
    The players who don't want to play at 50 won't magically change their minds if exp lock is removed. They will simply unsubscribe and play trial toons instead, for free.

And when you do beat the occasional new 50, it won't be because you are good or they are "bad". It will be because you have superior gear. Which strangely enough, seems to be the objection you have to "twinks".

Telaran

Twinks never woulda been that much of an issue if you nubs wouldnt band together and sync que. Oh and use the 120sp pa enchant. I mean if it takes you all that to win you absolutely suck. The game you fled from earlier today Qualm b/c you were the only twink vs multiple twinks, we still stomped them btw.
    I'm tired of the whole twink issue. I may leave a game if something in real life calls, but I won't flee from twinks. Now I'm going to level a 15 warrior and see what all the fuss is about. 8)

I
    Um...why?
    Powerstones provides 200 SP.

IMO I stopped caring about the twink issue.
    Seriously, once I started having issues leveling my rogue up, I simply did my dungeon quests and entered the 50 bracket where I've been doing far better.

Quote Originally Posted by Aguni View Post
    Um...why?
    Powerstones provides 200 SP.
    We are still talking about twinking, right?
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

Quote Originally Posted by Kyera View Post
    We are still talking about twinking, right?
    FLaring glyph is for level50 players only.
    You cannot get PA before 50.

Plane Touched

Oh, wait.

It does.

Sync queing is very possible even with the merc system hell ive seen 9 of 10 ppl in stay qualm in 1 wf. I regularly do it with a 1 bud cross server works nearly 100% of the time. Keep blowing that smoke up your own *** maybe youll believe it. Qualm as lalmage was in the 29 brackets months ago claiming that he and his guild had a 87 win 0 loss record in his last 87 games in the 19 bracket. That sound like sync que doesnt work? Lately the wf population in the 19 bracket does blow wonder why? I am sure if 10ppl sync que now it probably doesnt work. I havent seen 10 twinks in any wf counting both sides with the last 2 lite toons i leveled through to 20.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Aguni View Post
    FLaring glyph is for level50 players only.
    You cannot get PA before 50.
    You used the 50 to put the glyph on any lvl weapon and mail it to your alt. It works. Lalamage aka Qualm boasted to having over 500 of these glyphed weapons in the mail. It looks like he was being honest as he still has it in every wf. 120 sp is a freaking huge buff at 19 if he was smart he'd have locked at 12 and had as a pyro a near 80% crit rate on fireball.
    Last edited by Nsayn1; 06-01-2012 at 08:30 AM.

You used the 50 to put the glyph on any lvl weapon and mail it to your alt. It works. Lalamage aka Qualm boasted to having over 500 of these glyphed weapons in the mail. It looks like he was being honest as he still has it in every wf. 120 sp is a freaking huge buff at 19 if he was smart he'd have locked at 12 and had as a pyro a near 80% crit rate on fireball.
    http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m...Mad_Skills.png
    ~Quiescent

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Slayqualm View Post
    I have run some stats on the twink issue at level 19 where the problem is worst.

10-50% = The variance in spell/ability damage/healing due to spell/ability ranks available at different levels.
    0-20% = The variance in damage/healing due to non-twink gear variance available at different levels.
    10-70% = The variance in damage/healing due to normal RIFT rules without twinks.

10-40% = The variance in damage/healing from a well-geared 19 vs. a twink.
    Warrior 10%, Rogue 20%, Cleric 30%, Mage 40%.

20-110%= The total disparity between a well-geared level 10 vs. a 19 twink.

36% = The proportion of warfront disparity at 10-19 due to twinking.

As you can see, almost half the problem is due to spell/ability ranks. Can they not scale as you level?
    This problem decreases with higher levels - and so does the twink advantage.

The main twink issue is that they have their main advantage at 19 - and since they have no way to fight among themselves, the warfront levellers and noobs get dragged into the fight.
    sorry you wasted your time. No more twinks in 1.9. Besides, did we really need another thread about twinks? Arent there abotu 1000 out there you could have posted this to already?

Rift Disciple

Default For those that dont understand

Flaring glyph, a 120sp weapon buff available with pa's was at first allowed on lv 1 weapons. Then it was (rightfully) nerfed to only go on lv 50 weapons. And yet Qualm consistently shows up in the lv19 bracket with this buff on his weapons. How does this happen?

There can be only one way......prior to the nerf, Qualm and maybe a few others of his ilk massed produced a bunch of crafted weapons....mailed them to their 50 toon to be buffed....and then "stored" them in the mail system.

Everything bad said about twinks can most rightfully be applied to Qualm and any of his buddies who likewise participate in this very obvious exploit.

There's nothing wrong with trying to max out your toon in a mmo...even as a twink. And when your twink started rolling mine, I paid attention and figured out what it was you were doing and did likewise. I could do no other and remain competitive. The difference between you and me tho is when it was nerfed I was happy. I was very uncomfortable using that glyph and was glad to see it go. You on the otherhand decided that griefing was good and figured a way to exploit the upcoming nerf.

Not only would you be able to continue griefing, but you would get a free ride cause those few of us who could counter you would soon be nerfed away. What a pathetic little boy you must be

In short nothing Qualm has to say is worthy of listening to. An obvious and proud exploiter and sadist who will soon be leaving this game to go plague others in another. I'm saddened that twinks will leave, but if that's what it takes to remove people like Qualm from my existence.....so be it.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Daskrieg View Post
    There can be only one way......prior to the nerf, Qualm and maybe a few others of his ilk massed produced a bunch of crafted weapons....mailed them to their 50 toon to be buffed....and then "stored" them in the mail system.
    These items should be removed from play.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast