+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
Like Tree84Likes

Thread: Clerics are the most OP trash in the game right now.

The only healing clerics I kill are the ones not paying attention or are cocky. Of course I mean P40 clerics, I do believe that 1 dps should be able to put pressure on 1 healing cleric to the point in which they must decide, heal my allies and die, or heal myself and live. With the right combo of CC, silence and front loaded damage it is possible to kill healing clerics, everyone knows that, but it isn't a cake walk nor should it be since they are not an offensice spec.

As for warrior crit, its pretty low actually. The L2crit statement is pretty lame considering that while playing a character does not have active control over crit. Of course if you do spec into champ highenough you can get a CD that allows for your nect ability to crit though it doesn't seem to work half the time. If someone has found a way to just make their hits chain crits by willing it by all means share to everyone how you've achieved this enilightened state of being.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Testercules View Post
    I'd comment about your 14 posts, but I got reported by some tool last time I did that.
    I guess that means you couldn't get any of the 'plenty of clerics' to post.

They must be too busy striding across Telara like the gods they are, smiting entire legions of warriors with their mighty Water Bolt and healing huge swathes of the Shade with a single DoL. At least we now know how the Ward was fixed... a couple of Wardens stacked a few HoTs on it and then went to lunch. Regulos went to the forums and cried.

As far as my number of posts, everybody has to start somewhere. Excellent troll thread by the way, well played.

Quote Originally Posted by Bharel View Post
    At least we now know how the Ward was fixed... a couple of Wardens stacked a few HoTs on it and then went to lunch. Regulos went to the forums and cried.
    http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/f.../Gifs/BURN.gif
    Haha, I like you.
    ~Quiescent

Ascendant

Hit PvP weapons will not solve this it is only going to allow the clerics to bypass all your resists... Stay MAD
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxcalibur View Post
    "bros to come at me!"

^More cool stories.

Facts remain that clerics cannot be killed by any single melee dps.

I was never saying anything about clerics killing people or me in healing specs.

Such dribble.
    Wqrriqr: 207850 Defiants decapitated

Old Videos: PVP1 & PVP2
    0/11 HK 1/1 GW2

Facts remain that clerics cannot be killed by any single melee dps.
    ... and this is a problem why?
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

Champion

This thread is like the politics of the American Presidential Race 2012!

Bring up a completely irrelevant non-issue that has absolutely zero basis in fact in hopes of getting people to stop focusing on the facts that your own class is completely OP!

... I love it!

Shadowlander

No dps by themselves can kill one
    im offended! my cleric can kill!

Plane Touched

ahh i see so ur saying that players should be able to kill a full heal spec cleric on thier own!

1, that would make cleric heals pointless
    2, if clerics have no way to defend themselves why should a lone player be able to kill him
    3, in large battle healers need to be able to last through some focus fire to keep team heals up

any player can kill a lone cleric if they are smart, using purge/interrupts if you cant then you should research ur role as u cleraly not playing it correctly

What is the healing cleric doing to you while you're beating on him? That's right, nothing because they can't. They can't CC, they can't damage, they can't kite....

If you're a healing cleric you get two choices in pvp, heal or die.

Now take a moment to reflect and think about how selfish of a person you are if you play DPS and think that healing clerics aren't severely underpowered.
    Last edited by Trisian; 05-28-2012 at 06:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by max42 View Post
    ahh i see so ur saying that players should be able to kill a full heal spec cleric on thier own!

1, that would make cleric heals pointless
    2, if clerics have no way to defend themselves why should a lone player be able to kill him
    3, in large battle healers need to be able to last through some focus fire to keep team heals up

any player can kill a lone cleric if they are smart, using purge/interrupts if you cant then you should research ur role as u cleraly not playing it correctly
    Whats the purpose of going full dps if you can't kill a cleric healer in a squishy spec? The truth is this. Healers are not suppose to face tank. They are not suppose to be in the front line. The problem with the cleric class is they have tank roles and melee roles that can take damage but trion also gave them range healing that can take insane damage. That is what's wrong with the class. Cleric healers should be squishy and easier to kill from a full dps. If cleric wants to tank they have -icar but the problem with icar is that it is so good just like RS but even better because the combinations allow for them to to do crazy dps and heal and tank at the same time... so that is basically why clerics who actually have a clue how to play their class know how to abuse the endless amount of tools trion gives them vs. other classes.

All classes have some form of OP. I still think rogues are OP as well. Fanout spam still racks up deep kill counts with HK pieces and sabo is a monster...combined with -rs and other souls... They have tons of mobility and survival. That is why I laugh at devs for nerfing RB... and VK...for 5 patches straight. Since other synergies are incredible.. but the ones the warriors needed got nerfed into oblivion.
    Last edited by Flashmemory; 05-28-2012 at 06:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Flashmemory View Post
    Whats the purpose of going full dps if you can't kill a cleric healer in a squishy spec? The truth is this. Healers are not suppose to face tank. They are not suppose to be in the front line. The problem with the cleric class is they have tank roles and melee roles that can take damage but trion also gave them range healing that can take insane damage. That is what's wrong with the class. Cleric healers should be squishy and easier to kill from a full dps. If cleric wants to tank they have -icar but the problem with icar is that it is so good just like RS but even better because the combinations allow for them to to do crazy dps and heal and tank at the same time... so that is basically why clerics who actually have a clue how to play their class know how to abuse the endless amount of tools trion gives them vs. other classes.
    Case in point.

No sooner do I mention selfish DPS players who cry about not being able to solo clerics, one chimes in.
    Last edited by Trisian; 05-28-2012 at 06:35 AM.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Flashmemory View Post
    Whats the purpose of going full dps if you can't kill a cleric healer in a squishy spec? The truth is this. Healers are not suppose to face tank. They are not suppose to be in the front line. The problem with the cleric class is they have tank roles and melee roles that can take damage but trion also gave them range healing that can take insane damage. That is what's wrong with the class. Cleric healers should be squishy and easier to kill from a full dps.

The truth is, you don;t have a clue, If cleric wants to tank they have -icar but the problem with icar is that it is so good just like RS but even better because the combinations allow for them to to do crazy dps and heal and tank at the same time... so that is basically why clerics who actually have a clue how to play their class know how to abuse the endless amount of tools trion gives them vs. other classes.
    I realize it is a difficult concept to grasp</sarcasm>, but healing souls are not meant to be squishy, if they can't out-heal one DPS then there is no point on them being on the field, I swear this game has the worst PvP players of any MMO I've played.

P.S - RS is the best tank soul in the game for combining with DPS, Justicar does not compare.
    Last edited by Flimble; 05-28-2012 at 07:00 AM.

If your claims were true i would seen a whole different story from friday to sunday pvp grind. I pvp straight for 3 days and i never came across a wf where a cleric did not die.

http://i50.tinypic.com/nqok8l.png

Because OP is claiming something that he cannot support. Let me support myself. This is one of the screenshots i took in pvp. Countless others that are exactly the same of some of my random matches over the weekend. Look down the list. Do you see one cleric that has 0 deaths? No.

People need to stop commenting on this thread. This guy only wants attention. Yet it is fun to troll him because to but it blunt he is just bad; it a waste of everyone's time. If a warrior is truly having problems pvping right now it's his fault. i just find it extremely funny that he is crying overpowered and blaming the game for his failures.
    Last edited by LOveRH; 05-28-2012 at 07:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Flimble View Post
    I realize it is a difficult concept to grasp</sarcasm>, but healing souls are not meant to be squishy, if they can't out-heal one DPS then there is no point on them being on the field, I swear this game has the worst PvP players of any MMO I've played.

P.S - RS is the best tank soul in the game for combining with DPS, Justicar does not compare.
    And if a dps can't kill a cleric..then there is no point for them to be on the field as well. If you tell a person hey...role a cleric you will never die to a single dps but all other classes can...how does that sound. I know it is a hard concept to grasp for you but...think about what you are asking..and how plain ignorant it sounds. You literally want trion to give healers a godmode until x, y. z is on them. And that is just a single healer. Not multiple ones. Your job is not to out heal dps..it is to keep dps/support classes on the field long enough so they can win battles.

This is why PvPers are bad. They have no clue about balance and ask for nerfs and buffs in the wrong directions. Healers are not suppose to be difficult to kill tanks are. That is the definition of tanking. Why do you think players mark healers in warfronts? Is it because they are squishy? No.

It is because they are a huge threat. The biggest threat in a warfront are healers because they keep players dpsing longer and pushing the other team back. Healers are suppose to be easier to kill than tanks and at the very back of the lines not face tanking groups of players. Healing dominates too many warfront objectives also. BG and RM. Keeping a group from capping a single flag in dex.. yes clerics in full heals can still face tank two to three scrub dps.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast