Closed Thread
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast
Like Tree149Likes

Thread: Save our Twinks

Telaran

Default Rift fail.

I admit - I've been playing RIFT for a year or so. It is better than WoW. But it is still imbalanced. I have no interest in PvE - it is boring to me. A large part of this game is PvE. That's all good for the PvE'rs. What about warfronts? They used to be good - until 50 they were evenly matched. Then 50 hits you - what a downer. Do I keep grinding and get drilled? Imbalanced. Major FAIL. Then xp-locking comes in. Kewl - I can level an alt in 6 hours and be competitive. Then xp-locking goes. WTF? Seriously - RIFT better get their **** together or they will lose a lot of subscribers.

Quote Originally Posted by tizdaz View Post
    lolz, well noob twinks, no more easy mode rolling noobs with your pimped out char & 1 button mashing skills!

haha
    Welcome to the discussion.

I am sure that you are a rational and well-spoken person, and will take your time to peruse this and related discussion threads so that you can formulate a supported opinion instead of an uneducated one.
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

Quote Originally Posted by Zohl View Post
    I agree with the OP. Trion is making a serious mistake in removing the experience lock. I build up a really nice level 19 rogue, and I did so not for PvP but for dungeons. Yes, that right… dungeons.
    I am guild master on my shard. With that I enjoy spending time with guild members. Having a low level character allows me run dungeons or just run around Freemarch with them. Sure, I could run them through with my 50 mage, but they won’t get the experience points or the chance for a challenge as they would if I used my rogue.
    One consolation for you will be the "Mentoring" system that will replace xp-lock. It will allow you to adjust your high levels all the way down to 10. But not for Warfronts. Tried it on the PTS server. You'll still have all of your spells. They'll be diminished and you'll earn xp. So you can run with your lower friends.

Now if they did that with pvp... Waah!

Telaran

Default Honestly.

All the people qq'ing must have next to no skill. I was levelling my bros lvl 15 rogue alt - 10 bard/ 8 ranger/ 2 marksman - and decided to join a warfront. It was halfway through but I still managed to get a close 3rd for damage and 1/2 of my damage was healing. Seriously - most of the RIFT population has no pvp idea.

Telaran

In hindsight, my last post is sure to offend a lot of rank whatever 50's. Too bad. This game needs balance. Getting rid of twinks will not help that. Maybe the qq'ers could switch to Minecraft?

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Slayqualm View Post
    In hindsight, my last post is sure to offend a lot of rank whatever 50's. Too bad. This game needs balance. Getting rid of twinks will not help that. Maybe the qq'ers could switch to Minecraft?
    Minecraft has proper PvP - full looting, perfect balance.
    Last edited by Flimble; 05-28-2012 at 05:41 AM.

Telaran

Default Sorry

Quote Originally Posted by Flimble View Post
    Minecraft has proper PvP - full looting, perfect balance.
    Sorry - poor reference - I haven't even played. I have seen the graphics though. 8)

Telaran

Default Mule

MULE is a wicked game and online now I hear. Old 80's C-64 stuff. 8)

Quote Originally Posted by Nuuli View Post
    One consolation for you will be the "Mentoring" system that will replace xp-lock. It will allow you to adjust your high levels all the way down to 10. But not for Warfronts. Tried it on the PTS server. You'll still have all of your spells. They'll be diminished and you'll earn xp. So you can run with your lower friends.

So not only did they kill my twink they also made my 29 healer obsolete? Great! After this I just won't create anymore toons. Why would I need to if one toon can do everything?
    Hit Hard.... Hit Fast.... Hit Often....

Twinks against twinks is a dead community... I don't think there would be any reason to do this. At this point your best bet is to level lock with the mentoring system and hope for open world pvp. Maybe if the warfront pops don't support the new conquest model, you can go back to the gankfest.

Shadowlander

What basis have you for making this assumption that twink on twink is dead? People love stating opinions with no reason to support or back up any of these claims. Do you have a twink? Do you know the community? Have you even played in low level pvp?
    Last edited by AbishaTwink; 05-28-2012 at 08:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AbishaTwink View Post
    What basis have you for making this assumption that twink on twink is dead? People love stating opinions with no reason to support or back up any of these claims. Do you have a twink? Do you know the community? Have you even played in low level pvp?
    I'll back up his claim, because I've seen a direct decline in participation due to twinks for the 20-40 brackets to the point pvp is almost stagnant now.

I also have seven 50s and four lower level twinks. My basis is wow for twink vs twink warfronts. When they killed twinks in regular battlegrounds and created twink-only battlegrounds, suddenly the twinks didn't want to come out and play. It is the domination they love, not the challenge. Of all the times I waited for a twink-only battleground to pop, it never did.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuuli View Post

Rightfully so, I couldn't think of something more absurd than mentored rank 40's with their whole kit and kaboodle against lower ranks. A mentored r40 with their top rank gear, the crystal, seal, lvl 50 essences, high level abilities - even toned down will be drastically more powerful than a legitimate person of that level. But that is just kind of how mentoring is and why it would be a trainwreck to allow it in lower brackets. Twinking is one thing, you are wearing gear people of your level can actually wear. Mentored people at respective levels are a whole new machine and far more powerful than what a legitimate player could encompass with all the equal level best gear of the mentor player.

Did WoW like not have mentoring? I know a good number of the playerbase was from the game per references. I don't mean this in a condescending way. I always assume it did. But between hearing people say mentoring was stolen from GW2 and people seemingly underestimating the actual power of a mentor by assuming it would even be remotely okay to put a mentored player into a lower bracket WF...makes me think WoW actually didn't have a mentoring system or that less MMO's did than I assumed. Maybe mentoring was just an Eq2 thing.

Mentoring is an OP thing. Period point blank. Mentors are OP for the content they tackle. Which is fine as long as it's not against players. The mobs in Gloamwood don't care and certainly won't put up a fuss on the forums.
    Last edited by Violacea; 05-28-2012 at 09:51 AM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Mentoring stolen from GW2? That's a laugh.

Perhaps their decision to include it was prompted by its inclusion in GW2, but it's not like that's the first place it's been done.
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

Closed Thread
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast