Closed Thread
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 178
Like Tree149Likes

Thread: Save our Twinks

  1. #46
    Ascendant Misun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    The Sticks
    Posts
    5,802

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thorrand View Post
    Then you know that from level 10 on there is a pvp daily....
    Yes, I'm fully aware of that. I leveled my main from adventure level 10, all the way to level 50 and to rank 40, entirely through warfronts. Minus 1 dungeon run.

    Never had a problem with doing the pvp daily..and I'm not really sure what that has to do with the discussion.
    Pridy Bebe of Mobile Death Squad @Faeblight

    DYER the best unofficial Rift forum.

  2. #47
    Ascendant Meina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,618

    Default

    Wait one...
    Last edited by Meina; 05-27-2012 at 08:34 AM.

  3. #48
    Ascendant Misun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    The Sticks
    Posts
    5,802

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thorrand View Post
    I'm pretty sure it's the poisonous coating, armor padding, cushioned insoles, 2x blazing rune or whetstone ,assault/fortification serum, food buff, planar protection, Killing Spree, Bloody Thirsty buffs that give them away.
    All of those are player made items, or guild buffs.

    So, are you saying that using them is "op"?

    I call it being prepared.

    I guess folks shouldn't use anything made by another player, nor should they ever join a guild. That's sort of what your argument is looking like.
    Pridy Bebe of Mobile Death Squad @Faeblight

    DYER the best unofficial Rift forum.

  4. #49
    Ascendant Meina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,618

    Default

    Double post...
    Last edited by Meina; 05-27-2012 at 08:34 AM.

  5. #50
    Ascendant Kyera's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    5,402

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thorrand View Post
    Some people have things like responsibilities, families, and jobs to take care of so I cannot be a part of *every* discussion so I am voicing my opinion here.
    Sick troll, bro.

    Quote Originally Posted by Thorrand View Post
    If twinks represent the number we're discussing 10-20%, we can assume a twink free queue would take somewhere between 10-30% longer. I think people can live with that so long as the twinking's over.
    Like I said, I'm hopeful the queues stay fast and furious, but I'm wary. When that 10-20% of the population wasn't around, queues were far longer. Hopefully low level warfront brackets can retain the momentum they have right now. I wouldn't be mad if they did.

    Quote Originally Posted by Thorrand View Post
    A slightly longer queue time vs playing with bullies who attempt to compensate lack of skill with BiS gear and augments. That sounds like a fair trade to me.
    Sick troll part deux, bro.
    Last edited by Kyera; 05-27-2012 at 08:35 AM.
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

  6. #51
    Ascendant Meina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,618

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thorrand View Post
    and your point is? Bringing this up has nothing to do with what we were discussing. You jump around more than my A.D.D. riddled nephew and I'm getting dizzy just trying to follow your train of logic. so I won't. Twinks are lame, they're going the way of the dodo. That's all she wrote.
    Hang on...

    I was responding to Violacea and YOU jumped into the discussion.

    If you didn't want to be a part of that discussion you should have kept out of it.

  7. #52
    Champion
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    577

    Default

    There's no xp lock at level 50.

  8. #53
    Ascendant Trisian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,498

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rennlc View Post
    There's no xp lock at level 50.
    Just a truck load of "official" twinks. lol

  9. #54
    Champion
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    577

    Default

    Yep, we've got the twinkiest.

  10. #55
    Champion Thorrand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    577

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Misun View Post
    All of those are player made items, or guild buffs.

    So, are you saying that using them is "op"?

    I call it being prepared.

    I guess folks shouldn't use anything made by another player, nor should they ever join a guild. That's sort of what your argument is looking like.
    Thanks for putting words in my mouth. never once did I say they were OP. they die to me just as quick as anyone else. It is however one of the things I look at while determining if the person is a twink. Twinks have never given me trouble, but when they start turning other people off of pvp, then I have issues with it. I'm usually of the mind that everyone can play how they want, but I will never support someone playing how they want when it makes others playtime less enjoyable.

    Call me a troll if you will, apparently I'm in the twinks house kicking the nest :P If the only way you guys can enjoy this game is at someone else's expense then you need to do some soul searching.
    Pentium 233 (MMX!)
    128k 32 pin simm
    80 mb seagate hd
    external Iomega zip drive
    Intel onboard video (3DFX Voodoo2 Acceleration)
    creative sound blaster 8 bit

  11. #56
    Champion Thorrand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    577

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Misun View Post
    Yes, I'm fully aware of that. I leveled my main from adventure level 10, all the way to level 50 and to rank 40, entirely through warfronts. Minus 1 dungeon run.

    Never had a problem with doing the pvp daily..and I'm not really sure what that has to do with the discussion.
    No I don't think you are. It had to do with the discussion because you said your hubby is a hard working man with limited playtime, I countered with a hard working woman with limited playtime that your husband is preventing her from doing her daily in the little amount of time she has. Why is his time more valuable than hers? why does he get to play his own way but she does not? You then proceeded to respond as if I was talking about lvl 50 pvp dailies, so you're either being deliberately obtuse or your reading comprehension skill class should take priority over your forum time, go on. I'll wait.

    it's all a moot point anyway. embrace mentoring. level lock is still in that other game I heard. best of luck to ya
    Last edited by Thorrand; 05-27-2012 at 08:57 AM.
    Pentium 233 (MMX!)
    128k 32 pin simm
    80 mb seagate hd
    external Iomega zip drive
    Intel onboard video (3DFX Voodoo2 Acceleration)
    creative sound blaster 8 bit

  12. #57
    Ascendant Misun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    The Sticks
    Posts
    5,802

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thorrand View Post
    Thanks for putting words in my mouth. never once did I say they were OP. they die to me just as quick as anyone else. It is however one of the things I look at while determining if the person is a twink. Twinks have never given me trouble, but when they start turning other people off of pvp, then I have issues with it. I'm usually of the mind that everyone can play how they want, but I will never support someone playing how they want when it makes others playtime less enjoyable.

    Call me a troll if you will, apparently I'm in the twinks house kicking the nest :P If the only way you guys can enjoy this game is at someone else's expense then you need to do some soul searching.
    True facts; anyone who has missing gear slots, outdated gear, missing jewelry slots and missing essences/sigils..is going to get owned.

    No matter what bracket they are in, including the 50 bracket.

    This is a gear dependent game.

    A level 29 is going to do better than a level 20, because the level 29 has more skills/spells unlocked. It's like that in any level based game.
    Pridy Bebe of Mobile Death Squad @Faeblight

    DYER the best unofficial Rift forum.

  13. #58
    Ascendant Misun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    The Sticks
    Posts
    5,802

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thorrand View Post
    No I don't think you are. It had to do with the discussion because you said your hubby is a hard working man with limited playtime, I countered with a hard working woman with limited playtime that your husband is preventing her from doing her daily in the little amount of time she has. Why is his time more valuable than hers? why does he get to play his own way but she does not? You then proceeded to respond as if I was talking about lvl 50 pvp dailies, so you're either being deliberately obtuse or your reading comprehension skill class should take priority over your forum time, go on. I'll wait.

    it's all a moot point anyway. embrace mentoring. level lock is still in that other game I heard. best of luck to ya
    You said:

    Some people have things like responsibilities, families, and jobs to take care of so I cannot be a part of *every* discussion so I am voicing my opinion here
    To which I replied:

    I'm glad you brought this up. So, what about the people who have jobs, families and responsibilities..that don't have enough time to play endgame pvp and rank up? So instead they played in the low level warfront's?

    That's exactly what my husband did, because he works about 12 hours a day. He did not have time to grind out ranks..and he did not have time to grind out the favor for the gear at level 50. He has a couple of hours (sometimes not even that) a night to play. And sometimes he was too tired to play, because pouring concrete all day is hard work.

    So, what about those people? I guess they don't matter, right?
    To which you said:

    I'll see your hard working man and counter with the hard working woman who can't get her daily done because your hubby doesn't want to invest time leveling.

    That was only a response to you telling me I should have been part of another thread somewhere and it was my answer to why I was not. love your straw mans. they never get old 0o

    I've done flatworking myself, it's really not that hard :P
    You totally changed the subject and interestingly enough, didn't answer my question, which was:

    So, what about those people? I guess they don't matter, right?
    Pridy Bebe of Mobile Death Squad @Faeblight

    DYER the best unofficial Rift forum.

  14. #59
    Ascendant Kyera's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    5,402

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thorrand View Post
    Call me a troll if you will, apparently I'm in the twinks house kicking the nest :P If the only way you guys can enjoy this game is at someone else's expense then you need to do some soul searching.
    Trollfecta? Trollogy? Not sure what to use here.
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

  15. #60
    Ascendant Meina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,618

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thorrand View Post
    ... If the only way you guys can enjoy this game is at someone else's expense then you need to do some soul searching.
    It's PvP.

    This means that you usually get your enjoyment at someone else's expense. It's part of the game. You win, they lose. They win, you lose.

    Someone is getting the shorter end of the stick no matter what happens.
    Last edited by Meina; 05-27-2012 at 09:24 AM.

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts