+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 29 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree84Likes

Thread: Should something be done about Rift Storm?

Soulwalker

Default Should something be done about Rift Storm?

Anyone else Feel something needs to happen to Rift Storm. I mean it's like droping an AE and running with it at the same time, no other class has this ability in game.

Quote Originally Posted by Raztlin View Post
    I mean it's like droping an AE and running with it at the same time, no other class has this ability in game.
    On the contrary, they do.

Off the top of my head...

NB 51 ability is a aoe DoT based on your toons positioning and you can use other abilities once you flip it on.

BD has an ability that makes them immune to all CC (pretty sure all CC, if I am wrong it's all movement CC) effects and is a aoe/dot that allows you to move. It can be brutal if you suicide run yourself into a pack with the 51 bd ability up and pray to knock some people out before you die. But that is just silly.
    Last edited by Violacea; 05-27-2012 at 12:16 AM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

I call it "Skill Storm" so that I feel better each time a warrior facerolls me with a single ability. I'm not going to say nerf it but I won't be upset when it happens(notice I didn't say IF)

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    On the contrary, they do.

Off the top of my head...

NB 51 ability is a aoe DoT based on your toons positioning and you can use other abilities once you flip it on.

BD has an ability that makes them immune to all CC (pretty sure all CC, if I am wrong it's all movement CC) effects and is a aoe/dot that allows you to move. It can be brutal if you suicide run yourself into a pack with the 51 bd ability up and pray to knock some people out before you die. But that is just silly.
    Channels aren't the same, the only similar abilities are Living Flame (51 points with a 1m CD) and Corrosion (lolol).

Living Flame was mean, but it wasn't Rift Storm mean.

Mostly it was used as a means to burst people w/ SoD up, and not as the burst itself.
    Last edited by Kyera; 05-27-2012 at 04:54 AM.
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

Lemme add that in T1 PvP gear with 50 dex and 32 strength on my sigil, no seal, and the T2 rings my living flame tick crits for 350-400 on high valor targets. It ticks once per second for four seconds.
    Piras@Faeblight
    Elsing@Faeblight
    <Celestial Might> [Retired: Hartzekarr and Greogard]
    My CD is now available for purchase here: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/opus-1/id580677269

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto Jones View Post
    Channels aren't the same, the only similar abilities are Living Flame (51 points with a 1m CD) and Corrosion (lolol).
    I know. That is why I didn't lump the BD and NB one together in the same sentence. I made sure to leave void the part about the BD one being able to use other abilities during ;)
    Last edited by Violacea; 05-27-2012 at 07:20 AM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

I've adapted to it. Plus, it's already been nerfed as far as I know.

Too much nerfing doesn't do anything but piss people off. Pissed off people= leave the game.
    Pridy Bebe of Mobile Death Squad @Faeblight

DYER the best unofficial Rift forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Raztlin View Post
    Anyone else Feel something needs to happen to Rift Storm. I mean it's like droping an AE and running with it at the same time, no other class has this ability in game.
    The problem with Rift Storm isn't that it's a mobile AOE, there are plenty of those. The problem is that it is way too much damage for its cooldown and that damage occurs at the same time as the warrior's other skills. I'm getting hit for 500 per tick, non crit, and it ticks five times on up to ten people. Pretty much every cooldown you would use to heal through that is on a much longer timer.

Majn
    Be healed and be well.

Broooooooostorm.

Most decent warriors are too embarrassed to use it now or lose all credibility as a skilled player. Also, brostorm is a good way to judge if you're entering a WF where the defiants lost the previous match because all the mad and bads will be on their warriors ready to rickroll their face across the keyboards.

Nevermind.
    Last edited by Trisian; 05-27-2012 at 08:18 AM.

Champion

I like Riftstorm. There aren't many abilities left in the game that make you go, "Oh, ****" particularly from warriors.

Quote Originally Posted by MannSeastone View Post
    The problem with Rift Storm isn't that it's a mobile AOE, there are plenty of those. The problem is that it is way too much damage for its cooldown and that damage occurs at the same time as the warrior's other skills. I'm getting hit for 500 per tick, non crit, and it ticks five times on up to ten people. Pretty much every cooldown you would use to heal through that is on a much longer timer.

How much valor are you wearing exactly?
    It ticks me for 500 non crit when im wearing 1100 valor, which isn't full valor obviously since i use a DPS sigil and PvE offhand.

Quote Originally Posted by Aguni View Post
    How much valor are you wearing exactly?
    It ticks me for 500 non crit when im wearing 1100 valor, which isn't full valor obviously since i use a DPS sigil and PvE offhand.
    1232 (49.3% reduction), and that was with Protect the Flock (5% damage reduction) up. I'm probably fighting more geared warriors.

Majn
    Be healed and be well.

Quote Originally Posted by MannSeastone View Post
    1232 (49.3% reduction), and that was with Protect the Flock (5% damage reduction) up. I'm probably fighting more geared warriors.
    Trion has already nerf it in 1.9
    In the mean time ,learn this ability
    http://rift.zam.com/en/ability/18531...Cornered-Beast
    Oh, It hit twice as hard as than riftstorm and you can't CC the warrior
    Deepstrike:Gintoki cleric r47 Shinpachi warrior r46, Kayura rogue r50, Tsukuyo mage r47
    Laethys: Roba r44
    GW2:Ayo Timako , level 54 Necro

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 29 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast