+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6
Like Tree69Likes

Thread: Give twinks a title for being locked as thanks for understanding

Quote Originally Posted by MitsuMarty View Post
    If it is, by your definition, a person that exploits the lower level wfs by getting unobtainable gear. Then I don't see what this huge ordeal was, because technically, there would only be a handful of twinks in existence.
    When I was doing my 'experiment', in that round I went 47-1 or w/e it was, I got called an [expletive] twink by a twink on the other team, when I was wearing gear that cost me 2p to put together.

Per the populace, a twink in Rift is an x9 (or a 12/13) that is doing well. That's all it is.
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

Soulwalker

There really are valid reasons, and silly rationales, on both sides.

Twinking isn't just about rolling new players because you like the tears and are probably a budding serial killer. But sometimes it is.
    Disliking twinks isn't just about being a flailing, incompetent goof who can't be bothered to put the slightest effort into research and gear prep. But sometimes it is.

Trion should have just bit the bullet and made two queues, locked and unlocked. Let the unlocked choose to join unlocked only or the locked+unlocked queue. Big pop-up letting them know what they might experience when they join.

If there are enough people that enjoy either/both queues, problem solved. The unlocked get the option to bump the possibility of a match quicker by joining both. If there aren't enough people, well, tough. Trion can't make people use a feature (see quest lfg).

Lazy developers... (love you Trion)

Quote Originally Posted by Charlice View Post
    So you keep saying. And you are so wrong it's ceased to be amusing.

But thanks for jumping into these threads. It's a shame you haven't actually read any of them before commenting though.
    Just because you have 2 R40s does not mean you don't fear the Level 50 Bracket. Bads will be Bads.

Quote Originally Posted by Leoknife View Post
    Just because you have 2 R40s does not mean you don't fear the Level 50 Bracket. Bads will be Bads.
    Yep I'm sooo fearful of 50 warfronts, I shudder when I think about them.
    And that would be why I have four toons in level 50 warfronts.

Yes bads will be bads to quote YOU. I've never actually referred to anyone as a bad, has always sounded rather rude and immature to me. But, if I had to call someone that, it would be the players, with no gear, or gear 10, 15 levels too low, that blame every one but themselves for being total rubbish.

Den of Madness | Greybriar | Den of Badness | Derpwood

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Charlice View Post
    Yep, let em learn while leveling so they can be slaughtered at 50.

The most amusing thing about all the claims of the fragile new players is.. what new players? Where I'm sitting I don't see the population going up, I see it taking a nose dive.
    That's only been in the last couple of weeks that happened. I blame twinks ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Sariina View Post
    That's only been in the last couple of weeks that happened. I blame twinks ;)
    Haha, you would.

Quote Originally Posted by Synovia View Post
    I love how the definition of "twink", by those who twink, has slowly been slipping further and further away from the truth so they can eventually call anyone who logs into Rift prior to level 49 a twink.
    All of my lowbies-

A level 29 cleric

A level 39 mage

A level 49 cleric

All of them wear planar gear, some dungeon drops, some event essences. All of their gear is runed for the appropriate level. All of their ring slots and neck slots are filled in.

All of them have the 6 slot sigil. Which cost 7500 planarite.

That is a twink. No kidding.

Now, does any of that stuff seem like it's "over the top"..or too hard for anyone to get?

Every item my lowbies wear, can be attained by anyone.

My level 49 cleric is using an epic staff that I won as a drop via instant adventure in Stillmoor.

I did not use any coin from my main to help my lowbies. All of my lowbies make their own money. The only thing I bought with coin was the runes (from the AH)

I guess running rifts and zone events is too much effort though for people.
    Pridy Bebe of Mobile Death Squad @Faeblight

DYER the best unofficial Rift forum.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Japer View Post
    There really are valid reasons, and silly rationales, on both sides.

Twinking isn't just about rolling new players because you like the tears and are probably a budding serial killer. But sometimes it is.
    Disliking twinks isn't just about being a flailing, incompetent goof who can't be bothered to put the slightest effort into research and gear prep. But sometimes it is.

Trion should have just bit the bullet and made two queues, locked and unlocked. Let the unlocked choose to join unlocked only or the locked+unlocked queue. Big pop-up letting them know what they might experience when they join.

If there are enough people that enjoy either/both queues, problem solved. The unlocked get the option to bump the possibility of a match quicker by joining both. If there aren't enough people, well, tough. Trion can't make people use a feature (see quest lfg).

Lazy developers... (love you Trion)
    I very much like this.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Misun View Post
    All of them have the 6 slot sigil. Which cost 7500 planarite.

Now, does any of that stuff seem like it's "over the top"..or too hard for anyone to get?

I did not use any coin from my main to help my lowbies. All of my lowbies make their own money. The only thing I bought with coin was the runes (from the AH)
    So your 29 ground out 7500 planarite and the planarite to buy 6 essences... I very much doubt it. That would take months for an actual 29 player to get. Yes, it does seem unreasonable for any new player to get that.

Removing them all together i don't think was the best move, they should have just been moved into their own bracket.

Either way, they needed away from the actual new players trying to learn the game.
    Teddro - Warrior - Seastone

Synna - Rogue - Vigil

Synna Stonecove/Invalid Target for all those darkfall people

So your 29 ground out 7500 planarite and the planarite to buy 6 essences... I very much doubt it. That would take months for an actual 29 player to get. Yes, it does seem unreasonable for any new player to get that.
    Ever so slight derail. Anyone that has a phone should download the phone app.
    You can play the games every hour x 6, and be rewarded stones, planarite, augments.

A day doing nothing but playing on your phone can net you around 1k planarite and you will end up with more stones at lower levels than you'll have a use for. Swap those for planarite.

Den of Madness | Greybriar | Den of Badness | Derpwood

Telaran

Based on this post, I'm pretty curious on your stance about the world event BoA 6 slot Sigil/Focus and other BoA stat items. Do you own any of these on any of your toons? Did you get them with one of your high level toons and pass it down to one of your lower lvl ones? What, pray tell...is the difference?

You bet I did..and it didn't take long at all.

As soon as my toons hit about level 10, I started heading to the high level zones, unlocking all of the portals. I participated in high level zone events/invasions. I collected Inscribed Sourcestones, which can be turned in to the vendor in Whitefall (Iron pine peak) in exchange for planarite.

http://rift.zam.com/en/item/D1B6E1C8...t-of-Planarite

Here's the vendor:

http://rift.zam.com/en/npc/440824571/Tananda-Whitecoat

I realized quickly in the game that low level invasions/events gave hardly any planarite, so I went to higher level zones to solve my problem.

Anyone can do it.
    Pridy Bebe of Mobile Death Squad @Faeblight

DYER the best unofficial Rift forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Misun View Post
    I realized quickly in the game that low level invasions/events gave hardly any planarite, so I went to higher level zones to solve my problem.

Anyone can do it.
    See, someone thinking outside of the box.

And I know it can be done, because I ran my level 7 crafting mule to most of the portals (all save Shimmersand, Droughtlands, and Moonshade -- I ran to those ones a week later after the mule got to 11 off crafting quests) without dying to mobs (I did die twice to players).

This was before my main hit half of these zones so I had nfi where the portals were, so I did get some help IDing them. ;)

P.S. I'm better than nearly all of you at PvA as well. My e-peen is massive.
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6