+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Imagine you are new to Rift...

Would i want to stay? Wardrobe duhhh.

Quote Originally Posted by HannonHellbringer View Post
    The added 10 ranks for pvp add new gear but it only adds Endurance and vengeane and not in the amount that makes it crazy powerful. The top tier gear on live right now will become the second tier gear and will then become VERY much competitive. The gear gap is dropping very quickly and I like that A LOT. The only thing I'm worried about is raid gear in pvp. Once the gear gap is dropped or lowered drastically, raid gear will still be insane.

As for the long grind to rank up, I love it, I like earning things and it should be a hard tough grind (even though Rift is actually cake compared to other MMOs). I'm kind of tired of people wanting things just given to them, I don't mind playing on even ground but I feel that a majority of the player base doesn't really want even grounds they are just pissed that they don't have the gear and dread the grind, get over it. For those wanting a REAL competitive pvp, I feel ya and I think Trion is heading in the right direction, slowly.

I think you have it backwards.

What people do not like is the long, tough grind. However, if the grind wasn't so tough, people wouldn't mind so much about how long it is. If people could rank up from 0 to 50 and have good, even matches throughout most of the process, I don't think they'd really care how long it took to get to rank 50.

What really turns people off is the length of the grind and the fact that they will spend half to two thirds of that grind getting their butts handed to them. If they could avoid the butt handing part, how long they had to grind really wouldn't be an issue because they'd be having much more fun during the process.
    Last edited by Meina; 05-26-2012 at 05:47 PM.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Lords0fpain View Post
    Then find out AFTER you level up to 50, you THEN have another 50 levels to grind out to get top PvP gear (which is below the ID gear, anyway).

Would you really want to stay?

Since they keep adding Ranks, it only gets worse, they add them before you can reach the one you are working on...lol.

This is a legitimate question. How would you really feel? I started with Head Start and I don't want to grind it out for my level 50 alts...much less if I was just starting the game...
    So this is a differnt situation to other MMO's you might have played in what way?

I believe that Trion bend over backwards to make the game more accessible to never players. They add ranks at the top but they also removed the old P1+2 gear at the bottom, normalised valor on pvp gear, buffed significantly the stats on entry level gear, introduced prestige pots and holiday weekends for faster leveling.....

In wow (for example), no sooner do you get geared than Blizz raise the level cap and all your stuff is totally worthless. Now that really DID make me want to eat my own face!

I'm fairly casual and I have 3 level 50's, two of them max pvp leveled and geared. It really ain't that hard. I'm 43 with a ft professional job, a family, and another time consuming hobby. If I can do it........ so, less QQ, more pewpew ;)

Ishmael P77
    Shatari P77
    Astelle L54
    Stormbull L50

Quote Originally Posted by Astelle View Post
    So this is a differnt situation to other MMO's you might have played in what way?

I believe that Trion bend over backwards to make the game more accessible to never players. They add ranks at the top but they also removed the old P1+2 gear at the bottom, normalised valor on pvp gear, buffed significantly the stats on entry level gear, introduced prestige pots and holiday weekends for faster leveling.....

In wow (for example), no sooner do you get geared than Blizz raise the level cap and all your stuff is totally worthless. Now that really DID make me want to eat my own face!

I'm fairly casual and I have 3 level 50's, two of them max pvp leveled and geared. It really ain't that hard. I'm 43 with a ft professional job, a family, and another time consuming hobby. If I can do it........ so, less QQ, more pewpew ;)
    The difference between WoW and Rift is that, even though they keep raising the cap, you're never so far behind that you're a free kill for the people at the top. Hell, the top set of gear is almost entirely a cosmetic upgrade.

Yes, you keep repeating the grind, but the grind feels like less of a grind because you can have fun doing it. Once you start gearing up you can be competitive enough to actually take part in the fights.

Not to mention that Rift is doing the same exact thing. Rift has been out for a little over a year and they've raised the gear cap twice since release. This is right on track with WoW's seasons, which change every 4 to 6 months.

Quote Originally Posted by Lords0fpain View Post
    Would you really want to stay?
    This is a legitimate question.
    You sure this isn't really a trick question???

Ok. The answer is Yes. But, if I'd read these forums beforehand, the intent would be for my first toon to be PvE only and intending it to finance a PvP twink alt. Just so could smack down the less geared and make them QQ, and in the process max out my potential Favor so the alt could have best possible PvP gear at turning 50.

But if I hadn't read these forums soon enough, then all I could do is QQ.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3