+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree125Likes

Thread: The Rage against the Twinks

Plane Touched

Default The Rage against the Twinks

Ok let me begin by stating im no Rift Veteran....I have been playing for about 4 months.

Now, I have a lvl 50 warrior p28 and a twink mage lvl 49. I just have to say to all the people crying over twinks....**** OR GET BETTER!!!! Seriously omg!!! Everyone has equal chance to get the twink gear, maybe to all you QQ'ers why don't you get proactive and farm ISS stones etc etc and use Rift Zam database for reference to gear and GET BETTER MAYBE !!!???? you dont need to have an IQ of a million to find progression. Its very simple to acquire the Planer gear and the Lessers.

I personally love twinks, I love the challenge to verse pro players I find it very enjoyable, XP lock and twinking is currently perfect. Its perfect for people that want to get into some good pvp'ing with out the effort of lvl 50 pvp progression.

The real problem here is to many lazy QQ'ers that cant handle being 2 shotted by out geared and out skilled player.

So seriously get better....or keep your comments to yourself.

Please look at the link. This I imagine is one of the players crying about twinks, and also one of the players some players are so savagely defending.

Honestly, dressed like this, they should explode instantly upon entering a warfront.

Next time you read in forums 'OMG I GOT ONE SHOT BY A SQUIRREL'. Ask yourself, what were they wearing. Please. Thank you.

Why players that actually gear up their toons, should have to tippy toe around the clueless, is beyond me.

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b4...ly/Level49.jpg

Den of Madness | Greybriar | Den of Badness | Derpwood

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Charlice View Post
    Please look at the link. This I imagine is one of the players crying about twinks, and also one of the players some players are so savagely defending.

Honestly, dressed like this, they should explode instantly upon entering a warfront.

Next time you read in forums 'OMG I GOT ONE SHOT BY A SQUIRREL'. Ask yourself, what were they wearing. Please. Thank you.

Why players that actually gear up their toons, should have to tippy toe around the clueless, is beyond me.

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b4...ly/Level49.jpg
    LMAO good example.......

..and yes I guarantee this is an example of a QQ'er about twinks, under geared and I bet have almost no skill / combat awareness. Ill admit when I first made my twink mage getting to lvl 45 was absolute hell but I never cried about it, I got better and well now im always top 3 in DMG and killing blows. To all the QQ'ers it is easy to get geared up and learn to play really...please for gods sake.... if you still somehow get 2 shotted with twink gear then yes pvp isn't for you...so stop ruining it for the rest of us that actually play the game with have decent brains.

Plane Touched

Default to help the QQ'ers

to the peple that QQ over twinks here is a link to rift zam

http://rift.zam.com/en/itemlist.html

Step 1: Go to the link provided
    Step 2: Find the gear you need
    Step 3: Do Dungeons / Farm ISS to acquire gear
    Step 4: Get better skillz
    Step 5: ??????
    Step 6: Less QQ more pew pew

Hey, you know what we need?

Another damn twink thread, because five on the first page wasn't enough.

This should seriously be considered spam by now. They banned the people posting about arena, this is the same thing.
    ~Quiescent

Rift Chaser

Eh...

It's more about the 'other side' of things.

I do have to admit, the 'twink' threads ad infinum is getting a tad noxious.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Charlice View Post

[/url]
    I dunno the outfits not that bad, I mean sure it could use some dyes and a different hat but overall it's a nice outfit.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Zaros View Post
    Hey, you know what we need?

Another damn twink thread, because five on the first page wasn't enough.

This should seriously be considered spam by now. They banned the people posting about arena, this is the same thing.
    This is the other side of the problem here....I see your point though all the twink thread are becoming ridicules but what im stating the main fundamental problem. All the other threads and just vocal vomit of QQ'ing. I just hope the QQ'ers get some sense and listen to my help. It really isn't that hard to gear up.....

I'm not trying to bash Trion here so all of you mods with itchy trigger fingers BACK OFF. I'm being realistic.

All twinks do is take a magnifying glass to the massive imbalances in character classes and gear. If Trion would do a better job at balancing these two things instead of the sledgehammer method, then maybe everyone would get a long a little better. I know, because I've made 4 twinks just in order to compete (aka last more than 10 seconds in a fight) Pugs don't get that long so now it's my goal to see that they last longer. Sadly, due to the 2 issues I stated above, no amount of Twinking will save a pug from another twink. THERE lies the real problem. The only way those players can help, is to help themselves, and Rift is all about handouts.

Until Twinking is abolished or dealt with properly, I welcome the threads against it because they are an eye-sore that should motivate Trion to deal with the mess they've created. (just below additional pvp content)

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Trisian View Post
    I'm not trying to bash Trion here so all of you mods with itchy trigger fingers BACK OFF. I'm being realistic.

All twinks do is take a magnifying glass to the massive imbalances in character classes and gear. If Trion would do a better job at balancing these two things instead of the sledgehammer method, then maybe everyone would get a long a little better. I know, because I've made 4 twinks just in order to compete (aka last more than 10 seconds in a fight) Pugs don't get that long so now it's my goal to see that they last longer. Sadly, due to the 2 issues I stated above, no amount of Twinking will save a pug from another twink. THERE lies the real problem. The only way those players can help, is to help themselves, and Rift is all about handouts.

Until Twinking is abolished or dealt with properly, I welcome the threads against it because they are an eye-sore that should motivate Trion to deal with the mess they've created. (just below additional pvp content)
    Your entire post im sorry to say is completely invalid.

Your statement "All twinks do is take a magnifying glass to the massive imbalances in character classes and gear" is totally idiotic because my original statement was all about how everyone can be a twink and easily acquire the gear if they put some effort into it. Did you ever think maybe they are better because there gear is good and skillz are better than you ???? So why would you rage when you can easily get the same gear to. I think all classes in decked out twink gear are equal, at the end of the day what makes it count at the end is your own skill on that class, if you have 10v10 match and everyone had same twink gear - skill is the only thing that separates the looses to the winners.

Unfortunately not everyone is smart enough to gear up and thus get the whiners like you and find other ways to get your point across eg: "If Trion would do a better job at balancing these two things instead of the sledgehammer method, then maybe everyone would get a long a little better"

Its a very simple concept to understand.....GET BETTER OR ****!!!

Uh huh, what you do when you see a twink is find their weaknesses like you need to keep warriors away from you if they're twinks.

Usually I don't even take a glance at twink before I put up glacial shield because that dps is just going to deal 1000 and something damage right back at ya.

Hey I've only got 1 part of archangelic set but do I complain? I've only got 2 parts of the exemplar sets but do I complain? The rest is lowly redeemer gear and trousers which reveal my chars legs more than I can say is comfortable but do I complain? NO!!!

Something a goblin says in world of warcraft:

"It's my way or the highway!"

It's totally true, you kill or be killed in pvp!
    BRING BACK OLD THE GREATER FAERIE DESIGN! I DEMAND CAPTAIN SHORT BACK! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!
    http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...on-please.html The avatar is not mine! It's Johnjoseco's from deviant art! Go there! Wow, love and joy it! XD

Barbed shot... LEG IT!
    0.3/8 ID 2.123/4 PF

Rift Chaser

About finding weaknesses.

ALOT of twinks (and honestly I don't understand why) but a lot of twinks usually run one build, When you see them, you can, for the most part, know what build they run because they don't run anything different.

I run three builds, and yes, while it's easy to know what builds I am running due to my buffs, the very fact that I come at you with something different makes me even more dangerous.

I built a SAB build to take down one mash build cleric. <----counter? Anything really. NO deffense, I die very easily.

I run a MM build for Black Garden usually. <---counter? combat my speed buffs and I go down as easily as a SAB. Or be a ranged caster yourself. I am weak and squishy.

I run a NB build for library. <--counter? More casters. Against Melee, I can buff up my dodge and parry and am extremely difficult to hit, but ranged and magic rips me up.

EVen twinked, I am not invincible. I get singled out and when I've pissed off enough people, they begin to gang up and run in 2's and 3's, limiting my survivability against anyone. This is an effective tactic no matter where you go. Running solo is a free kill. Running in 2's and 3's increases your odds, and your teammates odds of survival.

WHat I don't get is the 'they're just bads in good gear and they just roflstomp their way to victory. This is just plain fallicy. If your bad, no amount of gear will help you. A half decently skilled player may make it seem that gear is making a difference for them, whille truly skilled people see the flaw in their styles and tear them apart.

It's the truly skilled players that can make gear seem like the gapping hole twink haters seem to think it is. But people don't engage in a battlefield with a plan. They usually just run headlong into a fight, like sheeps to the slaughter then cry 'Omg twink!'

IN BG, I stealth my way clear to the other side and wait to see who gets the fang pick up. If its the opposing team, they never get that far as I pop out of stealth and kill them before they can get to their tree to turtle. Noone EVER expects that someone is on their backlines and I don't get turned and killed until after the carrier is already dead.

If our team grabs it, I will take down the healers (or other applicable casters) hanging out in back, then join my team on defense.

If they do manage to get the flag behind their tree. I stealth to the otherside position myself on the hill ABOVE the tree, and kill teh carrier until it is dead. 99% of the time, the carrier is running side to side going "wtf! Wtf! Where is it!" And by the time they realize where I am, it's too late, I've killed the carrier, and then I spam FAN OUT to make it impossible to pick it up and have it reset in center. I made it such a bad idea to huddle behind trees, that a lot of my BG's have fore gone doing so, effectively eliminating this tactic.

However, I don't do down without a plan of attack. As every good general knows, nothing ever goes teh way you planned, but if you dive in blind, you will not succeed.

^ most twinks absolutely run only one build. It's usually the most FotM or cookie-cutter build around, and you play around it to win. In the 40-49, warriors run Riftstorm, rogues run MM/RS (the odd one runs Sab), mages run pyrodom, and clerics... well, I think I've only seen one other cleric twink, and he was running Inq/Cab.

Twinks are not undefeatable, especially if you put a bit of effort or coordination into things. One example, last night we were in a 6v6 Stockpile BG, and Topo and I were farming their entire team as they kept (quite foolishly) trickling in single-file, so I yelled that they should move in as a group. They did (well, okay, four of them did, the other two ran off to camp a drop-off), and though they didn't kill us, they came damn close (I had a grey screen a couple of times), and we had to employ some smart CC use/kiting to take them down. Afterwards, they started charging at us single-file again and we didn't even have to break a sweat.

It really is all about coordination and abusing the weaknesses of a spec, as well as making apt spec decisions on your side of the field. If you notice nobody else is running a reliable heal debuff, run the spec with the reliable heal debuff. Even though I absolutely hate this concept, mark the targets if you need to. If you play smart, spec smart, and think smart, you can even get away with not having geared smart.

One thing to keep in mind is that twinks (especially twinks using crafted gear) aren't going to be any more durable than you are... they just hit harder. The only twinks I've found difficult to drop are MM/RS, but you can just make them disengage from the fight with enough pressure, since their survivability comes in getaway tools and bubbles.
    Last edited by Kyera; 05-20-2012 at 06:05 AM.
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

People are not considering the impact twinks will have on new players. Sure if i was levelling an alt i could pour some plat into it and know about the best ways to get gear. But new players wont know this and end up having a miserable time. Putting new players off is not what we want to do.

Twinks should play in their own bracket. If they did that i would make a twink immediately so we can finally have competitive WF's

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast