+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Please get rid of Twinks.

Soulwalker

Obvious troll is obvious. Nonetheless, twinks can be 1 or 2 levels dumber and less skillful and still win.

Rift Disciple

No, please ... keep twinks until GW2 comes out. I need something to do.

Just wait until 1.9 drops, level 50's in HK/ID gear and relics mentoring down to level 19,29,39 etc with all abilities, all 66 points spent, full Attunement of War tree, should be fun to whack-a-mole Twinks

jca
    Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    Just wait until 1.9 drops, level 50's in HK/ID gear and relics mentoring down to level 19,29,39 etc with all abilities, all 66 points spent, full Attunement of War tree, should be fun to whack-a-mole Twinks
    Yepp, if mentoring works in wf's, at least in the way it's being presented now, people will be crying to have their twinks back.

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax1114 View Post
    If leveling in Rift was slow, everything I've said would be nonsense - after all, why not go for the best you can get? But leveling in Rift is fast and due to the speed, there is no motivation to stack gear unless you're planning on hanging out in a bracket for an extended period of time.
    Rhetorical (and easily debatable question): if leveling is so fast, why bother with low level PvP?
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

Why is there yet another thread about this? Is it too hard to use the search function and just add to one of the many ongoing threads about it?

Are the mods sleeping or what?
    Pridy Bebe of Mobile Death Squad @Faeblight

DYER the best unofficial Rift forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyera View Post
    Rhetorical (and easily debatable question): if leveling is so fast, why bother with low level PvP?
    To get some favor for level 50 gear before you hit 50, so that you're not quite as much of a liability.

Quote Originally Posted by Am0n View Post
    Not that I am against twinks but your argument is ignorant. I am guessing it is okay for you to Twink and only spam 2 buttons to kill new players, but if they are using those same two macros with lesser gear then they are the noobs?

Excellent logic, most people twink to kill boredom, and to compete with a toon of a different calling, without the grind to P8, you seem to be one of those people that really deserve to be told to come PvP in the big boy brackets.
    Well Stated.

I think that some of these bad players can't handle it so they rather twink and feel better to then yap ****.

I also agree as stated above that others twink to fight boredom and I am sure they are waiting for a reason to pvp in end game/open world with their main toon.

I also want to be clear that I am not stating that everyone who twinks a toon can't handle it with the big boys.

I am just stating that some of these players got their *** kicked and now rather twink to go kill new players and yap ****.
    Drank at Conqueronline, Vanguard, AOC, WAR and AION. Currently collecting meh Beers at Rift! aka (Killforbeers)
    WHERE'S MEH BEERS !!
    Here meh 2 cents - Keep da change ya filthy animal...
    Nice day fer Murda

My cleric is now rank 40. I play in the lower level brackets as a break from level 50 pvp. It's fun.

And why is this thread still going? Can't people voice their concerns/complaints in one of the other threads?

Mods must be sleeping.
    Pridy Bebe of Mobile Death Squad @Faeblight

DYER the best unofficial Rift forum.

Rift Disciple

Lower level wf's used to be fun when you leveled a new toon. It was nice to get away from the level 50 bracket, but now you enter a low level wf and there there are tons of locked level 19 twinks. All new players can do is feed them or run and hide somewhere. On top of that the merc system was put in place. Most people pick either guardian or defiant for a reason and now we are forced to play on a side that we dont want anything to do with. IMO we pay our monthly sub and shouldnt be forced to play on the oppsing faction if we so choose. Back to locked twinks, a levelling character going into warfronts is just as bad as a fresh 50 going into wf's. Its just no fun at all. Trion better get thier heads out of thier ***. I love the game but things just continue to go down hill. Ive been here since beta and slowly loosing interest.
    I

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax1114 View Post
    To get some favor for level 50 gear before you hit 50, so that you're not quite as much of a liability.
    I level lock to try out new roles. Yes, I could do that on one of my 50's, but I'd rather learn to play them from the get go. Also getting to 19,29, takes what? 1 day? 2 days max?
    This bugs me too, all this crying from players who don't lock, and they'd be 50 in around a week anyway.

Also debatable for some, but, I find the lower level warfronts a lot more evenly matched, regardless of all this twink drama, than level 50. Plus, the players tend to go after the objectives, and they don't tend to get all emo and rage, when we lose. (hard to believe from reading these forums I know)

All in all it's a lot more FUN. And shiver me timbers, it's a GAME, it's meant to be FUN. It's also PvP, it's meant to be COMPETITIVE.

Den of Madness | Greybriar | Den of Badness | Derpwood

Quote Originally Posted by Charlice View Post
    I level lock to try out new roles. Yes, I could do that on one of my 50's, but I'd rather learn to play them from the get go. Also getting to 19,29, takes what? 1 day? 2 days max?
    This bugs me too, all this crying from players who don't lock, and they'd be 50 in around a week anyway.

Also debatable for some, but, I find the lower level warfronts a lot more evenly matched, regardless of all this twink drama, than level 50. Plus, the players tend to go after the objectives, and they don't tend to get all emo and rage, when we lose. (hard to believe from reading these forums I know)

All in all it's a lot more FUN. And shiver me timbers, it's a GAME, it's meant to be FUN. It's also PvP, it's meant to be COMPETITIVE.
    Well admittedly, the issue with twink gear (minimal though it may be) could be a general problem with leveling that is totally unrelated to twinking. I mean, I don't think questing gives gear upgrades very often, so it's kind of hard to get a set that is up to date (unless you're going out of your way to do so, which defeats the general idea of a player leveling to level). PvP gives like 2-3 pieces every tier spread across a lot of different merchants.

I think it'd be neat if an area's quartermaster (and maybe PvP vendor too) sold a full set of level range relevant gear, kind of like the dungeon gear merchants at level 50. Would make it really easy to keep track of gear upgrades, even at a fast pace. It could be like Gloves are first level, Boots second level, and so on.
    Last edited by Ajax1114; 05-19-2012 at 10:28 PM.

In the process of ranking up my 50 and from that experience, why don't I see threads complaining everyday about r40s killing r1s? The gear disparity is obvious - a fresh 50 queues up with 5k HP and gets stomped around the entire warfont. Of course that's normal in a 1v1 situation, so how about 2v1 or 3v1? Nope, won't happen. However, a group of "non-twinks" can easily drop a twink if they catch him solo.

And even in 50 WFs you still see people missing slots, using old gear, or have a 3 slot source engine. One guy I saw had a Freemarch Warden's Badge. Another had full Vigilante gear, with NO runes. He had less than 5500 HP. I can understand a brand new player missing some items or using older gear, but how does this happen at 50? Especially when you have easy access to EVERYTHING?

I guess laziness and badness will just never go away.

General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Charlice View Post

I liked this post.

I had a hell of a time getting my cleric build right. I locked him at 29 and played build after build, each one for a few days, would discard and rebuild. I could never have done that without locking. Finally got a build I was happy with, he was not even close to immortal, but he was fun, fun to play.

My first cleric was defiant, so I decided to build a guardian version. Now that I knew what I wanted I had him mostly built by level 25. I had him geared out in all slots, appropriate for his level. I knew I would have to swap out two or three pieces as he made 29. He was fun, fun to play but just passing through, properly geared but not experienced locked. When I hit level 29 I locked him.

Now his gear is improper according to some on these forums; he has an unfair advantage according to others. Bologna! The only, I repeat only, change is I experience locked him just before he hit level 30, all I did was extend his stay at 29. If he is a Twink then every level 29 who is properly geared is a twink, and if that is the case every level 25 through 29 who is properly geared is a twink.

Is that true? Is it suddenly wrong to properly gear your player? And if geared is it wrong to lock him at any level? I would agree if I could only get gear by locking that I otherwise couldn’t get, but that is not the case. I can get every single piece of gear without experience locking. So anti-twink crowd, cry, cry, cry, your arguments are weak.

Quote Originally Posted by Riwijo View Post
    So anti-twink crowd, cry, cry, cry, your arguments are weak.
    The only ones arguing have one foot out the door. It's a last ditch effort to see if Trion cares about their money or not. The lack of new faces in pvp says it all. Other games aren't pulling players away from Rift, Rift is driving them away by catering to a hardcore minority to avoid the embarrassment of having to finally finish their end game pvp and make it respectable. For as well flushed out and polished as Rift is, when it comes to pvp, it's still just a cheap ricer of a competitor in the mmo market, and they took the easy way out with twinking instead of actually fixing the problem. Now they've created another problem.

There's no denying or arguing, and mercs were a band-aid to fix twinking but now even that's starting to fade as queues get longer. Sooner or later Trion is going to end it, but they are stalling until the big update in 1.9 so when they finally turn twinking off / nerf twinks to confetti, players will actually have a reason to continue on and enjoy end game for once.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast