+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Like Tree46Likes

Thread: What kills Rift PvP?

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax1114 View Post
    That reminds me. I almost forgot...

3) I sincerely don't believe that any of the lead devs regularly PvP. (I'd love for them to prove me wrong on that - I'm not being sarcastic.)
    They don't. Someone was on the PTS and saw one of the lead devs dueling and he was in pve gear (raid gear). Apparently he did terrible in the duels as well.

Bottom line, it's a game made by raiders for raiders.
    Pridy Bebe of Mobile Death Squad @Faeblight

DYER the best unofficial Rift forum.

Plane Touched

What kills pvp? It's no one thing but a combination of many things that cause this games pvp to be lackluster. You may or may not agree with what im going to say but its just my opinion.

1) Lack of CC. I cant stress this enough. Without dedicated cc this games pvp is nothing more than a free for all.
    You have too many classes with the ability to close gaps and leap past defensive lines for there not to be a way to stymie them. This is why healers hate healing and more than 1/2 the viable caster classes are abandoned in pvp for fast dot classes.

2) STEALTH. Im not gonna sit up here and act like its not a game breaking issue here. The stealth in this game is horrid to the point of being OP. There isnt a single viable option to deal with stealthers in this game effectively. They have no rock to their paper,scissors.
    Now i know people will quote the warrior/mage skills that "might" locate stealthers but lets be real.......no one is specing for that. Beast master is nice but virtually craptastic otherwise in pvp. And im not too sure about the mage ability but im guess equally undesirable build is involved.

3) Pvp imbalances. Or as i like ta call it the FOTM SYNDROME. Tiron knows what they are and.......They allow it. Not gonna get too far off into this becuse if your reading this you know what they are.

4)And for the pre 50 crowd TWINKING. Im not a fan of it and heres why. I have always felt that every dog has his day. And twinking flys in the face of that by allowing people to overstay their welcome at least from a pvp standpoint.
    Everyone should have a chance while lvlng to feel like the top dog till they flip into that new bracket and this should be a BRIEF thing. Not a forever summer.

Im sure that people will probably disagree with me on some if not every point i have touched on here but once again these are my feeling on the subject not yours. I dont want to have anyone thinking im tryig to force an opinion down their throat im just expressing one.

What kills Rift pvp?

Rogues, more specifically Trion's desire to balance Riftstalker single tree to be competitive in pve thus breaking the tree in pvp making it a OP hybrid.
    Last edited by spaceboots; 05-20-2012 at 08:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by spaceboots View Post
    What kills Rift pvp?

Rogues, more specifically Trion's desire to balance Riftstalker single tree to be competitive in pve thus breaking the tree in pvp making it a OP hybrid.
    Yep. On my Bard twink, RS turns him onto a tank that takes 5+ people to bring down because Rift Shield absorbs more damage than he has health. I'm not sure if it's a bug or what, but it's completely nuts. My Mages shields absorb around 850-900. My Bard's absorbs over 4500 and reflects 60% of the damage back for a very modest investment. Trion should honestly just rename the Rift Stalker tree, the Rogue PvP tree.

edit: and guardian phase doesn't hurt my bard's healing at all. It's a joke.
    Last edited by Trisian; 05-21-2012 at 09:51 AM.

People who are better than me.

/thread
    "If the young are not initiated into the Village, they will burn it down just to feel it's warmth"

Quote Originally Posted by Zaiana View Post
    People who are better than me.

/thread
    H e l l o .
    Teddro - Warrior - Seastone

Synna - Rogue - Vigil

Synna Stonecove/Invalid Target for all those darkfall people

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrnitty View Post

2) STEALTH. Im not gonna sit up here and act like its not a game breaking issue here. The stealth in this game is horrid to the point of being OP. There isnt a single viable option to deal with stealthers in this game effectively. They have no rock to their paper,scissors.
    Now i know people will quote the warrior/mage skills that "might" locate stealthers but lets be real.......no one is specing for that. Beast master is nice but virtually craptastic otherwise in pvp. And im not too sure about the mage ability but im guess equally undesirable build is involved.

Im sure that people will probably disagree with me on some if not every point i have touched on here but once again these are my feeling on the subject not yours. I dont want to have anyone thinking im tryig to force an opinion down their throat im just expressing one.
    Every class has a counter to a "stealth" build, it's called the W key on your keyboard.
    Even free cost too much now

Quote Originally Posted by Credo View Post
    Every class has a counter to a "stealth" build, it's called the W key on your keyboard.
    You apparently haven't played a proper stealth spec ;o

You can't out-run stealth specs with autorun.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish~

It's mainly content for me, I just wished we had more content to choose from that will keep us from not being bored. The community does help as it brings new ideas and discussions, but frankly don't think it is a big importance to me.

In addition, I am not a fan of the use of Raid Weapons in WFs because it is not comparable to the PvP weapons that we are currently using. By all means let the PvEers show off their Raid toys, but it annoys me when they start bragging how awesome they are but the fact is they are basically using MMO "male enhancers" for their weapons. If you truly want bragging rights then why bring your PvE toy with you.
    Last edited by Oblivion333; 05-21-2012 at 12:43 PM.

Covergirl Diamond
    <-Prophecy->
    Back in Action
    RIP Junlar the Great Cleric. I will cherish our friendship and bond for all eternity.

So dropping a ground aoe and triggering an effect a class put 40 points into a soul for isn't a counter to their style? Knocking a rogue out of stealth whose stealth openers play a major part in their attack threat isn't a counter?

To be honest, I don't think stealth is OP. But I think mages should have invisibility. They don't need the opener damage and mobility potential while invis (you really don't need that with 30m range anyway), but they are squishy enough. Tbh I feel like the class would have way more room to hold a serious niche if they dropped the heal role and focused on damage/support potential and keep clerics the end all healing gods as they typically are known to be. I feel like mages get shirked and shafted on several offensive tactics (mobility, invis, specific mage abilities reduced in pvp scenarios) because they *can* heal and make that hybrid. Like if rogues had a substantial healing soul that could make an impact in a more secluded encounter (a bard will get trashed without virtuoso) having all the mobility and stealth would be ridiculous. But it's the choice that they gave mages ability to get a 10s or less CD insta heal with less than 15 points invested that begins their slope of having to be limited somewhere else. Probably why mages are unhappy, I never knew the mages classes to typically be into healing, yet I bet the ones who don't dig it a lot have the more normal cliche style mage being held back in turn cause of it.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Rift Chaser

What kills pvp? It's no one thing but a combination of many things that cause this games pvp to be lackluster. You may or may not agree with what im going to say but its just my opinion.

1) Lack of CC. I cant stress this enough. Without dedicated cc this games pvp is nothing more than a free for all.
    You have too many classes with the ability to close gaps and leap past defensive lines for there not to be a way to stymie them. This is why healers hate healing and more than 1/2 the viable caster classes are abandoned in pvp for fast dot classes.

3) Pvp imbalances. Or as i like ta call it the FOTM SYNDROME. Tiron knows what they are and.......They allow it. Not gonna get too far off into this becuse if your reading this you know what they are.

4)And for the pre 50 crowd TWINKING. Im not a fan of it and heres why. I have always felt that every dog has his day. And twinking flys in the face of that by allowing people to overstay their welcome at least from a pvp standpoint.
    Everyone should have a chance while lvlng to feel like the top dog till they flip into that new bracket and this should be a BRIEF thing. Not a forever summer.

Wow, this was the worst reply I have seen on PvP balance issues. There is just so much wrong here, I dunno where to begin..there is far more underlying isues than what you brought up, and none, ok, hardly none, of them touch on anything you posted.

Unless you are sin spec, stealth is timed. YOu have 30 secs to a) get in place and attack. To be effective as a stealther, you need the most advantageous field in order to launch your attack. If you get hit by an AE, pop, you are out. Ifyou get seen, you can be attacked, if you have a dot on your when you go into stealth, it breaks you out and you are exposed to....anything. If I am stealthed, I move slower (even assassins do) than you do on auto-run

as for PvP twinking....there are 40 billion other threads to go complain in and they will alll say the same thing. Gear up.
    Last edited by tevikolady; 05-21-2012 at 02:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trisian View Post
    Yep. On my Bard twink, RS turns him onto a tank that takes 5+ people to bring down because Rift Shield absorbs more damage than he has health. I'm not sure if it's a bug or what, but it's completely nuts. My Mages shields absorb around 850-900. My Bard's absorbs over 4500 and reflects 60% of the damage back for a very modest investment. Trion should honestly just rename the Rift Stalker tree, the Rogue PvP tree.

edit: and guardian phase doesn't hurt my bard's healing at all. It's a joke.
    Considering you don't even know what the skill is called I'm going to guess you don't actually know how Rift Guard works.

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto Jones View Post
    Considering you don't even know what the skill is called I'm going to guess you don't actually know how Rift Guard works.
    Your trolling attempt is successful and I've appeared before you to reply:

It's called a Freudian Slip, where as my mind was thinking about my mage's shields and that's what I ended up calling it instead of Rift Guard.

Rift Disciple

BADS COMPLAINING, and getting somewhere with it, KILLED PVP

nuff said
    Okooko <Synapse>
    Aerospace Engineer
    Yeah, I fly planes.

/10 char
    Wqrriqr: 207850 Defiants decapitated

Old Videos: PVP1 & PVP2
    0/11 HK 1/1 GW2

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast