+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Grimt
  • 1 Post By Kyera

Thread: rift should have pvp reward system similar to swtor

Telaran

Default rift should have pvp reward system similar to swtor

one of the things swtor did get right is their pvp reward system.in swtor players will be rewarded based on how many players they killed or healing they done etc,u get the reward in form of medals when u kill player and these medals give u extra reward at the end of the match.i think rift can use this system for:
    ---this system can be used for rank pvp.there should be 2 set of gears one normal (purple) equal to ID normal which can be purchased by favor just like p40 gear.but the second set which is the legendary pvp set (orange)equal to Id legendary,can be purchased by these medals that u r earning by playing actively and effectively during pvp match.
    --it makes pvp more fun and rewarding for ppl who are paying attention and playing smartly rather than just queue up for pvp map as much as u can just to get enough favor and prestige so u can get the best gears no matter how good or bad u r. after couple months(or 3 months) of pvp u will get best gear anyways.
    --it will also rewarding for players who are playing good but because of their team, they are loosing the match.no matter u lost u at least got medals for being good.
    --- some players dont pay attention at all, like some clerics who dont want to heal and they have low dps as well .they dont care because they know they will get favor and prestige any ways,they say ill do 10 pvp match a day and after 3 months i have best pvp gear as well,most of the pve players coming to pvp are playing like this coz they dont care this will solve the issue of such players as well.
    Last edited by nima; 05-13-2012 at 09:41 AM.

I did like the medal system (and the MVP vote system), since it took some of the flash away from the "dps, deathblows, big hits" focus that seem to fall into place with most MMOs. One of the few things I think their PvP did right.
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

Default That rewards everything I hate about WFs

Quote Originally Posted by nima View Post
    one of the things swtor did get right is their pvp reward system.in swtor players will be rewarded based on how many players they killed or healing they done etc,u get the reward in form of medals when u kill player and these medals give u extra reward at the end of the match.i think rift can use this system for:
    ---this system can be used for rank pvp.there should be 2 set of gears one normal (purple) equal to ID normal which can be purchased by favor just like p40 gear.but the second set which is the legendary pvp set (orange)equal to Id legendary,can be purchased by these medals that u r earning by playing actively and effectively during pvp match.
    --it makes pvp more fun and rewarding for ppl who are paying attention and playing smartly rather than just queue up for pvp map as much as u can just to get enough favor and prestige so u can get the best gears no matter how good or bad u r. after couple months(or 3 months) of pvp u will get best gear anyways.
    --it will also rewarding for players who are playing good but because of their team, they are loosing the match.no matter u lost u at least got medals for being good.
    --- some players dont pay attention at all, like some clerics who dont want to heal and they have low dps as well .they dont care because they know they will get favor and prestige any ways,they say ill do 10 pvp match a day and after 3 months i have best pvp gear as well,most of the pve players coming to pvp are playing like this coz they dont care this will solve the issue of such players as well.
    Way too many people already only care about how many kills they get or how much DPS/healing they have. That may be fine for open world PvP, but in a WF I want to play with people who actually play it like a match and incorporate strategy and tactics into what they do. You sound like one of those who just like to run into the middle and wail away while your team mates are trying to figure out how to win the match in spite of you. There are some matches where I find myself near the top on kills or dps, but there are more where I feel I've contributed to a win by defending a base, carrying stones, paying attention and grabbing rune vessels as soon as they pop, stealth killing a healer, baiting enemies away from an objective, or killing mini-bosses for points.

Besides, as an MM I can't tell you how many kills I've gotten credit for simply because I got in the last hit before the enemy died. It works the other way, of course and over time it currently all averages out, but that just illustrates how flawed your proposal is because I guarantee that you don't want to give me a major incentive to hang back and just snipe your kills.

Grimt -- the SWTOR system rewards people for guarding/absorbing damage, attacking/defending/holding objectives, etc. It's not merely about healing numbers, dps numbers, or deathblows, and that's part of the reason it's so good. The OP did derp it up and not mention any of that, but they're there.
    Last edited by Kyera; 05-13-2012 at 12:28 PM.
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

People would complain so much about hybrids like clerics in this game with the star wars medal system hahaha
    Last edited by Puzzlebox; 05-13-2012 at 12:32 PM.
    r40 puzzlybox <rise of mayhem> whoo whoo
    r40 pizzabox wheeeeeeeee

puzzlebox + apoth = <3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lL4L4Uv5rf0

Quote Originally Posted by Puzzlebox View Post
    People would complain so much about hybrids like clerics in this game with the star wars medal system hahaha
    Sorc hybrid spec still annoys me and I haven't even played since march.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyera View Post
    Grimt -- the SWTOR system rewards people for guarding/absorbing damage, attacking/defending/holding objectives, etc. It's not merely about healing numbers, dps numbers, or deathblows, and that's part of the reason it's so good. The OP did derp it up and not mention any of that, but they're there.
    Kyera, thanks for the clarification ... I wish the OP had said that. I never played SWTOR, but if that's how they have it set up that would be nice in Rift. ANYTHING that rewards overall contribution and winning a close match more heavily than simple kills/healing would be a major improvement.

I tend to think of WF matches in the same context I do a pickup basketball game at the local park. One sided matches aren't fun for anyone, winner or loser, so often you have captains choose players sequentially to get even teams. After the first game you might even switch a few players to get better balance, and the tall guy who plays good defense near the basket is just as valuable as the guy who is a lights-out shooter from deep. I'd love to see Trion put more effort into making Rift WFs the same environment ... it's always the hard fought close matches that make warfront chat light up with "gg" at the end. Right now it's more like each team just lining up to shoot free throws with the winner being the one that makes the most ... not enough emphasis on teamwork or strategy.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimt View Post
    Kyera, thanks for the clarification ... I wish the OP had said that. I never played SWTOR, but if that's how they have it set up that would be nice in Rift. ANYTHING that rewards overall contribution and winning a close match more heavily than simple kills/healing would be a major improvement.

I tend to think of WF matches in the same context I do a pickup basketball game at the local park. One sided matches aren't fun for anyone, winner or loser, so often you have captains choose players sequentially to get even teams. After the first game you might even switch a few players to get better balance, and the tall guy who plays good defense near the basket is just as valuable as the guy who is a lights-out shooter from deep. I'd love to see Trion put more effort into making Rift WFs the same environment ... it's always the hard fought close matches that make warfront chat light up with "gg" at the end. Right now it's more like each team just lining up to shoot free throws with the winner being the one that makes the most ... not enough emphasis on teamwork or strategy.
    It might not be as easily implemented as you would think.

Trust me, there would be a large amount of whining because one class/spec/build/whatever will have the capability to attain more medals more consistently, and thus earn more of whatever PvP currency is in that game.
    r40 pizzabox wheeeeeeeee

Trust me, there would be a large amount of whining because one class/spec/build/whatever will have the capability to attain more medals more consistently, and thus earn more of whatever PvP currency is in that game.
    Or they could put a cap on the medals that count like swtor did. I Went from ~10 per game to 4 I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Baramos View Post
    Or they could put a cap on the medals that count like swtor did. I Went from ~10 per game to 4 I think.
    Wasn't around for that change. I kinda left after just shy of Rank 60 and realizing the Illum slideshow may be extent of wPvP.

By the way. Tera-is-awesome, Tyr. The game is almost like it was made specifically for Affinity.
    r40 pizzabox wheeeeeeeee

I think it just granted the (equivalent to) prestige, in a fashion not dissimilar to the current 'announcements'.

+ Reply to Thread