+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree259Likes

Thread: Campaign against exp lock in Warfronts

Soulwalker

Default Campaign against exp lock in Warfronts

This idea came from another thread. I understand why people would like to have an experience lock option while questing or striving for achievements before you out level the difficulty, so I am all for that. The problem I am having, along with many others, is the fact that people can lock there exp for use in warfronts, full well knowing the benefits that locking at the last possible level in that bracket can offer.

I support the exp lock option, but as soon as you join a warfront, you need to gain experience for that warfront. Another option would be to place all experience locked players in a separate bracket. It needs to happen, please don't turn your head from this.

It is a blatant slap in the face to paying customers who wish to progress normally through the game and experience everything that has to offer, and cant join a fair warfront. When it is your time at lvl 19, 29, 39, 49 then by all means, dominate the competition, but then, like everyone else, level gracefully out of that bracket and into the next.

I enjoy this game with my hearts content and I have been playing avidly since the second it was released, but the problems of the mainstream subscribers of this game should NOT be swept aside for the NOVEL enjoyment of the few twinks who can't do well when they aren't at full advantage over their adversaries

Twinks are paying customers too. So please don't bring that into it.

What are you calling a twink? Someone with gear in every slot?

Funnily enough most 'loltwinks' have level 50 toons at max rank. More often than not you are not beat by their gear, but their PvP experience.

Sure, there's a number of twinks that went all out, and as far as even I'm concerned cheated, but not all.
    Trion have made some changes to what can be equipped now and I'm sure they'll continue to tweak 'stuff'.

Put gear in ALL your slots and learn your class. Also realise that if a stop is put to lvl locking in warfronts, you can say goodbye to fast queue times, for any bracket under 50.
    Last edited by Charlice; 05-09-2012 at 09:18 PM.

Den of Madness | Greybriar | Den of Badness | Derpwood

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Charlice View Post

Funnily enough most 'loltwinks' have level 50 toons at max rank. More often than not you are not beat by their gear, but their PvP experience.

Sure, there's a number of twinks that went all out, and as far as even I'm concerned cheated, but not all.
    Trion have made some changes to what can be equipped now and I'm sure they'll continue to tweak 'stuff'.

Put gear in ALL your slots and learn your class. Also realise that if a stop is put to lvl locking in warfronts, you can say goodbye to fast queue times, for any bracket under 50.
    You have no insight into what my gear is or my playing ability based on a forums post almighty charlice. Furthermore, queue times were fine before the exp lock, they will be fine once it is removed.

There are a number of people who are concerned with this, and it is an issue that needs to be addressed.

Default Liberals.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlice View Post

^^^

Even a decent new player that takes some time to learn and gear up will be strong contender in WFs. And those bads/lazies will call them twinks because they've got gear in all slots and know how to work a rotation.

As I've said before, twinking is a non-issue. It's terrible players that want a handout and a free win and be able to faceroll their way through PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by Katana OG View Post
    You have no insight into what my gear is or my playing ability based on a forums post almighty charlice. Furthermore, queue times were fine before the exp lock, they will be fine once it is removed.

There are a number of people who are concerned with this, and it is an issue that needs to be addressed.
    I'm afraid you are wrong. Queue times were awful before XP locking was available. And hardly anyone is concerned with this as much as the "vocal minority" likes to point it out to be.

Oh I know there is, there is around 6000 posts already going about the issue. You could of added to one of them.

I don't really care what your gear or playing style is tbh. Just as you don't care about the playstyle of the so called twinks you're trying to get rid off.

And you can pretend the queue times were fine prior to lvl locking, but, in fact, they were not. When this game was first released it was easy to lvl through warfronts. I guess you still could if you were prepared to wait up to an hour for a match in the months prior to lvl locking.

Your forum post count had nothing at all to do with my reply btw. I couldn't care less if you had 1 post or 10 billion.
    You have your opinion, and I'll have mine, and I may even do so without being rude to you. Sadly you don't seem to be able to do the same.
    Last edited by Charlice; 05-09-2012 at 09:53 PM. Reason: spelling D-

Den of Madness | Greybriar | Den of Badness | Derpwood

Champion

Ok, Quite honestly, 1 of the main reasons Twinking has gone viral in the past month is a direct result of the Horribad Over-the-Top boosts to burst DPS in Warriors and Rogues coupled with the insane nerf to heals. Level 50 Warfronts are NO FUN anymore.

PvPers have been FORCED to pvp in other brackets to even enjoy the game. If XP locks were taken out, players would leave now instead of waiting to see if it's any better in 1.9. Rift right now has THE MOST PITIFUL PvP of any MMO to date.

Twinking takes out most of the Terrawful changes some moron dev decided was good for the game and lets them enjoy PvP. Take that away, and good-bye PvP... for good.
    Last edited by Bhrawn; 05-09-2012 at 10:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhrawn View Post
    Ok, Quite honestly, 1 of the main reasons Twinking has gone viral in the past month is a direct result of how Horribad Rift PvP is in general. Level 50 Warfronts are NO FUN anymore.
    I fixed that quote for you.
    Last edited by Cedius; 05-10-2012 at 06:12 AM.
    \

Soulwalker

twinking makes Trion money, so many people i know only pay for the twinking aspect now, at least 1000$ worth per month of people even, why would they put something in to bring some WoW twink players, EQ2 players, just to get rid of it, no they will make twink v twink wf before that, but then that would also kill twinks so they wont, dont PvP to level pvp at 50 and tell me its more fun

Shadowlander

It is a blatant slap in the face to paying customers who wish to progress normally through the game and experience everything that has to offer, and cant join a fair warfront. When it is your time at lvl 19, 29, 39, 49 then by all means, dominate the competition, but then, like everyone else, level gracefully out of that bracket and into the next.
    So, you're saying that the moment when you turn 50, it's also a blatant slap in the face to paying customers when that new 50 has to face an R40 competitor in the end game war fronts as well? You're right, now they won't be able to progress through the game and experience everything it has to offer because the R40's dominate the competition.

The 50 WF's are wayyyy worse than any of the twinking brackets. Play until you are r40 and tell me about your experience.
    Last edited by evilgrinners; 05-10-2012 at 06:31 AM.

If it could be supported by numbers and queues actually gave games, I would love a r40 only warfront, and xp-off warfronts. In fact many players have been asking for them, especially the r40 only games. Unfortunatly, I dont think the queues would pop very often, for either xp-off or xp-on players. Running through people with lesser gear is not all that fun and really causes skills to degrade as you arnt forced to play well. Having stiff competition and good games every warfront would be preferable.

As it is now though with the merc system means even if only well geard defiants or only well geared guardians are playing that day that both sides can and will end up with well geared players on their team. I have been in some very competitive games in both low level pvp and level 50 pvp since 1.8, and overall I am having a pretty good time. Good, well balanced gear wise teams are being formed on both sides due to the merc system , and the games are not decided before the gates open many times, and have featured some very good battles.

I do understand the frustrations of being rolled by people with superior gear, but in lower level pvp, the difference between (running some dungeons for gear, visitng pvp vendors around the world, and doing quest chains to the end for blue gears) and (twinking) are really not that large. In my experience, there has been very few players with "bis" everything all the way around and runes unavailable to new players. There are a few, and those guys are beastly, but not impervious, and add spice to the games. Also, ask around in your guilds and in trade chat if their are any crafters willing to help you craft some gear. The mats are easy to get and inexpensive, and people are generally very willing, eager almost. to craft some gear for people.

Quote Originally Posted by Rizaz View Post
    FYI Riftstalker running isn't even pve. .... You might as well call riftstalker running PVE.

I understand why people twink, as I've done it myself in other games. I get the mentality, and while I think it's selfish and effects the fertility of the PVP community negatively, I don't really blame people for doing it. What I do blame though is Trion's inability to balance the system more effectively.

When a warfront starts, I feel there should be some kind of gearscore check on each player, as well as their level, and teams balanced accordingly. There have been matches on my alt where one team was entirely twinks, and the other team entirely no twinks. Situations where there are twink imbalances is when people complain. But the matches I've played where the twinks were even between both sides have actually been pretty good. They have wrecking balls, but so do you...just stand behind them.

Also, there should be a bit more balance to the tiers of abilities available in warfronts. I'm looking at you Rift Storm. This is coming from a devout warrior too, but Rift Storm in the 30 and 40's bracket is a bit much in the hands of a twink. In the 40 bracket, Rift Storm ends up ticking for 1.2k crits. I'm not sure where the fault lies here, if it's the unexpected stat humping from the twink, or the tiers of the ability need to be tuned down for pre-50 play. A little adjustment would go a long way though.
    Last edited by bear_on_the_job; 05-10-2012 at 06:59 AM.
    Cayleb - P50 Warrior [@Seastone]
    EX - <Exalted>
    EX - <Tempest Wolves>
    EX - @Dayblind

General of Telara

This idea came from another thread. I understand why people would like to have an experience lock option while questing or striving for achievements before you out level the difficulty, so I am all for that. The problem I am having, along with many others, is the fact that people can lock there exp for use in warfronts, full well knowing the benefits that locking at the last possible level in that bracket can offer.

I support the exp lock option, but as soon as you join a warfront, you need to gain experience for that warfront. Another option would be to place all experience locked players in a separate bracket. It needs to happen, please don't turn your head from this.

I enjoy this game with my hearts content and I have been playing avidly since the second it was released, but the problems of the mainstream subscribers of this game should NOT be swept aside for the NOVEL enjoyment of the few twinks who can't do well when they aren't at full advantage over their adversaries
    You say you support xp locking for PvE but would like to see it eliminated for PvP. One would necessarily overrule the other. If I could only lock for PvE I would never be able to PvP because then I would level out of the PvE bracket I locked for. So the net result would be less PvP players if you lock for PvE only. Of course you could design a progression system that is independent for each PvP and PvE, but then that would penalize any player that likes to do both.

So basically you either must eliminate xp lock entirely or allow it entirely.

Your main upset with XP Locking is that it allows creation of Twinks. Rather than eliminating xp lock Trion should make efforts to prevent “Twinks” from equipping gear that other players in the same bracket cannot acquire. I think Trion has been addressing that issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Riwijo View Post
    You say you support xp locking for PvE but would like to see it eliminated for PvP. One would necessarily overrule the other. If I could only lock for PvE I would never be able to PvP because then I would level out of the PvE bracket I locked for. So the net result would be less PvP players if you lock for PvE only. Of course you could design a progression system that is independent for each PvP and PvE, but then that would penalize any player that likes to do both.

So basically you either must eliminate xp lock entirely or allow it entirely.

Your main upset with XP Locking is that it allows creation of Twinks. Rather than eliminating xp lock Trion should make efforts to prevent “Twinks” from equipping gear that other players in the same bracket cannot acquire. I think Trion has been addressing that issue.
    They are addressing the issue, however, cannot "fix" anything because there is nothing to fix. (save for the 50 rep runes or eliminating xp lock entirely) All the gear these twinks have are gear that can be attained naturally through the system, thus Trion is scratching their heads on why the community is outraged.

So they are left with the decision on whether to leave the feature or drop it.
    \

the solution is pretty simple in my estimation.
    1) cap top end stats for all players when entering a WF.
    dont want a mage with 300 SP at level 19?--cap the 19s bracket to the appropriate SP value
    so players with good gear are rewarded, but the gap doesn't get stupid.
    2) actually do step 1 plz
    1. Ruule --------50--r50-warrior-(g)
    2. Necrodemis--50--r41-mage-(g)
    3. Greywind-----50--r45-rouge-(g)
    4. Cavalon-------50--r43-cleric-(g)
    5. Cruule---------50-----warrior-(d)

Quote Originally Posted by Sun Tzu View Post
    the solution is pretty simple in my estimation.
    1) cap top end stats for all players when entering a WF.
    dont want a mage with 300 SP at level 19?--cap the 19s bracket to the appropriate SP value
    so players with good gear are rewarded, but the gap doesn't get stupid.
    2) actually do step 1 plz
    I actually like this idea.
    \

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast