+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 ... LastLast
Like Tree259Likes

Thread: Campaign against exp lock in Warfronts

Quote Originally Posted by Misun View Post
    In case you haven't noticed, it's a gear based game.

And it's strange that you have harvesting buffs in key places on your hotbar, that's all I was saying.

Pro tip; most people who are good in pvp, don't click. Just saying.
    Your protip has been duly noted and marked down as "Stuff we already knew "

And i agree with the "Give exp only in warfronts crowd" In the end It won't make the people who can't pvp better. It'll just remove the constant spam on the forums about how someone with 10 more dexterity made you eat dirt that and most likely kill the queues.
    Last edited by Valfador; 05-14-2012 at 12:52 PM.
    0.3/8 ID 2.123/4 PF

Soulwalker

Oh, I read your whole post. A bunch of them, in fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Meina View Post
    ...Garbage...

Seriously, you and the other exploiters that jump to the defense of people using Level 50 runes, essences and augments, plus other loopholes to crush people make excuse after excuse. First it was "everybody can get the same gear", then it was "get a Level 50 friend or guildie to help you", the ever popular "it's worse at 50, so we're going to ruin all the low level WFs" and now it's "there are no new people, so it's fair to cheat" Make up your minds.

And that Hartsman quote you and your cronies like to throw around, is nothing but pure media spin. Sure their watching the situation closely, to see what the exploiters will find to break PvP (or "thinking outside the box" as your kind calls it. Then instead of truly fixing it, they let the cheats keep the broken items as a reward. I don't think it's the "non-existent new people" who have self entitlement issues.

Good luck cheating your way to a facerolling victory. I'll be the one in warfronts using gear appropriate for the bracket and maybe using a little skill to get my wins.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Katana OG View Post
    You have no insight into what my gear is or my playing ability based on a forums post almighty charlice. Furthermore, queue times were fine before the exp lock, they will be fine once it is removed.

There are a number of people who are concerned with this, and it is an issue that needs to be addressed.
    If you threaten Charlice's rolling of newbs they will come at you with OP gear swinging though. Watch it though, cause the fight will never be fair... if it was fair they wouldn't bother playing, kinda like the other twinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Bharel View Post
    Oh, I read your whole post. A bunch of them, in fact.

Seriously, you and the other exploiters that jump to the defense of people using Level 50 runes, essences and augments, plus other loopholes to crush people make excuse after excuse. First it was "everybody can get the same gear", then it was "get a Level 50 friend or guildie to help you", the ever popular "it's worse at 50, so we're going to ruin all the low level WFs" and now it's "there are no new people, so it's fair to cheat" Make up your minds.

And that Hartsman quote you and your cronies like to throw around, is nothing but pure media spin. Sure their watching the situation closely, to see what the exploiters will find to break PvP (or "thinking outside the box" as your kind calls it. Then instead of truly fixing it, they let the cheats keep the broken items as a reward. I don't think it's the "non-existent new people" who have self entitlement issues.

Good luck cheating your way to a facerolling victory. I'll be the one in warfronts using gear appropriate for the bracket and maybe using a little skill to get my wins.
    Here's my issue with this, almost every single twink has a 50. I can't remember a game I've bought and played just to stop half way thru. I don't buy MMO's to say, I wonder if itll let me stop playing at 29 so I can roll pvp. So if there is such an issue with it, level up and do the same thing or pay someone to do it for you. Our argument was there shouldn't be an argument because the items are available for everyone, I guess it should be disclosed "if they work for it". As that is apparently what the problem is. Us twinks HAVE an issue with the grandfathered items. They shouldn't be allowed. We know this and we agree. But arguing that twinks shouldn't be allowed to use something obtainable by everyone is just ridiculous and outright a stupid suggestion.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by MitsuMarty View Post
    Here's my issue with this, almost every single twink has a 50. I can't remember a game I've bought and played just to stop half way thru. I don't buy MMO's to say, I wonder if itll let me stop playing at 29 so I can roll pvp. So if there is such an issue with it, level up and do the same thing or pay someone to do it for you. Our argument was there shouldn't be an argument because the items are available for everyone, I guess it should be disclosed "if they work for it". As that is apparently what the problem is. Us twinks HAVE an issue with the grandfathered items. They shouldn't be allowed. We know this and we agree. But arguing that twinks shouldn't be allowed to use something obtainable by everyone is just ridiculous and outright a stupid suggestion.
    I never said level locking or gaining level appropriate items shouldn't be allowed or that you shouldn't put time,effort and research into gearing and learning your class. But, requiring you to have a 50 to compete in lower level brackets is ridiculous.

I am a 'non-existent' new player that started with Rift Lite, then bought the full game. I have several x9s throughout the brackets with decent gear and specs I've researched, but no 50 yet. I figured the best was to learn my class was the pace and pressure of PvP and not waste other peoples time trying to figure it out in dungeon runs.

I am not against level locking and getting geared in stuff "appropriate for that level bracket." I am against cheating the system to gain an unfair advantage. Then coming to the boards to blame the people that are getting facerolled by exploiters.
    Last edited by Bharel; 05-14-2012 at 01:44 PM.

I never said level locking or gaining level appropriate items shouldn't be allowed or that you shouldn't put time,effort and research into gearing and learning your class. But, requiring you to have a 50 to compete in lower level brackets is ridiculous.

I am a 'non-existent' new player that started with Rift Lite, then bought the full game. I have several x9s throughout the brackets with decent gear and specs I've researched, but no 50 yet. I figured the best was to learn my class was the pace and pressure of PvP and not waste other peoples time trying to figure it out in dungeon runs.

I am not against level locking and getting geared in stuff "appropriate for that level bracket." I am against cheating the system to gain an unfair advantage. Then coming to the boards to blame the people that are getting facerolled by exploiters.
    You don't have to have a level 50 to compete in lower brackets.

Every single one of my lowbie characters had zero help from my main.

Planarite amounts suck at lower levels..so as soon as one of my lowbies hit level 10, guess what I did? I started going through every single zone and getting the portals. (took less than 2 hours per character)

After I did that, I participated in high level invasion on my lowbies. By doing that I got plenty of planarite, plus inscribed sourcestones, which can be converted to planarite by the planar merchant in Whitefall, in Iron pine peaks.

Each of my lowbies makes their own money, with no help from my main either. (harvesting, artifacts, dungeon rewards, etc)

It's all about how much time you're willing to put into your character, in a gear based game.
    Pridy Bebe of Mobile Death Squad @Faeblight

DYER the best unofficial Rift forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremiahcp View Post
    Do you realise in the lower brackets, best in slot

I don't think you know what BiS is for twinking. If it was simply crafted gear with green augs then there would be no problem.

" Was I supposed to?"

Ya, his name is Aristophanes, it is in my sig, Nooblet.
    Wasn't interested enough to check your sig tbh.

Well ya see, player made IS THE BEST IN SLOT AT 19. And no, it's not hard to come by.. not hard at all.
    So, it is you that are clueless. Not me. Have a nice day.

Den of Madness | Greybriar | Den of Badness | Derpwood

Also, just to add; all of my lowbies wear planar gear with some crafted stuff mixed in ( no high level augments)..and a few dungeon items. None of the runes on their gear is anything fancy, just basic AH runes.

I do have *some* event items, that I got by participating in events, on each of my lowbies; essences mostly.

Quote Originally Posted by Valfador View Post
    Your protip has been duly noted and marked down as "Stuff we already knew "

And i agree with the "Give exp only in warfronts crowd" In the end It won't make the people who can't pvp better. It'll just remove the constant spam on the forums about how someone with 10 more dexterity made you eat dirt that and most likely kill the queues.
    You can agree all you want with the "give xp only in wf's crowd"

It's not going to happen.

For any who may be new to the game, or struggling to get their character some gear to be effective in pvp..here's a fantastic link to a great guide, right here on the forums:

http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-guid...-brackets.html

And here's another guide, with some great tips on lower level pvp:

http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-guid...vp-player.html

Hope this helps!

General of Telara

I don't know of any level 50 item that can be used on a lower level PvP...what are you talking about? The only thing that might come close is a crafting augment and those are based on crafting level not PvP level. You can have a level 300 crafter that is not level 50. So a level 300 apothecary can spend several platinum and make a purple augment for crafting, lets say for intelligence, he can apply it to a ashwood staff, and the max buff increase he will get +8 intelligence. Is that what you are talking about??? Even if I did that for every slot, your only going to get maybe 80 intellegence. Sounds like a lot right?

But if you put planar, or won gear in those slots you will have greater, armor, endurance, and stats that directly offset all the advantage those expensive augments give. There might be on only the intelligence buff a difference of maybe 40 or 50 points. Is that what you guys are crying about?? Is that what is so game breaking. Hell, I have 2 twinks, and they don't have a single lvl 300 augment, you don't need them. Just fill up your slots, and know how to play a good PvP build and they will call you a twink anyway.

It is so much easier to cry on tthse forums than to learn to play. Why are you guys crying so much?? You cannot put level 50 gear on a lower level twink, period.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Misun View Post
    You don't have to have a level 50 to compete in lower brackets.

Here's my issue with this, almost every single twink has a 50.
    OK

As far as going into higher level zones for events or invasions, I didn't know that was possible to go into zones MUCH higher than my level and get credit. My mistake, I'm new (but don't exist). Plus, I wouldn't feel it was right or fair to the people actually doing all the work, but that's my problem. But I haven't suffered a lack of planarite or favor doing the stuff in zones for my level. I have all the Planar gear and anything else I need to be competitive in my bracket, just not against exploiters that have been rewarded for cheating. Sure, sometimes I'll play out my *** and have the RNG grace me with some luck and take a 'Supertwink' down, but it's usually after they've obliterated half of my team by themselves.

So, I guess in a way 'Supertwinks' have made me up my PvP game, but it still doesn't make it right or good for Rift.

OK

As far as going into higher level zones for events or invasions, I didn't know that was possible to go into zones MUCH higher than my level and get credit. My mistake, I'm new (but don't exist). Plus, I wouldn't feel it was right or fair to the people actually doing all the work, but that's my problem. But I haven't suffered a lack of planarite or favor doing the stuff in zones for my level. I have all the Planar gear and anything else I need to be competitive in my bracket, just not against exploiters that have been rewarded for cheating. Sure, sometimes I'll play out my *** and have the RNG grace me with some luck and take a 'Supertwink' down, but it's usually after they've obliterated half of my team by themselves.

So, I guess in a way 'Supertwinks' have made me up my PvP game, but it still doesn't make it right or good for Rift.
    Ok, sorry about that, I quoted the wrong person I guess.

One thing I will say about a group of "twinks" they work well together. Have you ever noticed how they move together as one cohesive unit?

I think if new players used that strategy as well, it would make the wf's more enjoyable.

The art of focus fire is forgotten among some people as well. No one wants to /assist other players anymore it seems.

What do you mean about exploiters/ cheaters. Can you elaborate please?

OK

Trion have made a lot of changes to stop what I class as cheating, but, they didn't remove the 'cheat' items from those who had already used them. I think they should, but, that's another thread.

Just in case you weren't aware, you can change stones for a 'box of planarite' at the planar vendor.

Den of Madness | Greybriar | Den of Badness | Derpwood

Soulwalker

People complaining about twinking just want free xp without having to go out and quest/run dungeons. Pure and simple. The days of you lazy ***** coming into a WF with your level 8 greens in a pve build just thrown together are over. If you want to level fast while just sitting in sanctum, then your going to have to earn it. If you don't like pvp in lower levels DON'T DO IT. It's your choice! We don't like pvp at 50 so WE DON'T DO IT! Your not forced into a f'n lower level bracket wf, you joined it on your own free will. If it's that much of a problem to you, then use other ways to level to 50. Leveling doesn't take THAT long to get to 50.
    This guy has me cracking up. This is the epitome of a twink response. At one point he even states how he doesn't play in 50 wf's because he doesn't like them (get owned much?) What really amazes me is how he goes on to blame leveling characters as the reason for unfair warfronts.

This is a prime example what the twinking crowd thinks trion, his immaturity is all to apparent, and the reasoning behind his actions are clearly stated as a dislike for the true twink bracket(50's). He also mentions that lower level characters aren't forced into lower level warfronts (where else can we pvp?)
    and that if we don't "like" it we can find another way to level to 50. Is that what this game has become? A place where the majority of subscribers are stripped of the competitive nature that pvp has to offer because of the novel desire of a few to go 50kb's and 0 death's in warfronts with ZERO effort?

Now its not just one twink that is the problem, its when they start queueing together and all of a sudden you are in a match against 5 39's with you and a few mid 30's and the other team farms you for kills the duration of the match without even trying for the map objective (and this happens often)

From the other perspective, if I end up on a team full of twinks, it is no fun at all because there is no competition. Don't go on about how I need to equip gear in all slots or blah blah blah because I have 4 50's on guardian side, one of which is r40, and on this rogue i had over 450 attack power at level 35.

Twinking creates a huge advantage that can be maintained indefinitley, something about that doesnt fall in line with the spirit of this RPG, please oh please give them their own bracket. You know I might even make a twink if we had our own bracket to contend in, a place where there would actually be some competition among lower level brackets, until then, the fun has been lost trion.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 ... LastLast