+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 335
Like Tree259Likes

Thread: Campaign against exp lock in Warfronts

  1. #61
    Sword of Telara Wawer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    870

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by evilgrinners View Post
    So, you're saying that the moment when you turn 50, it's also a blatant slap in the face to paying customers when that new 50 has to face an R40 competitor in the end game war fronts as well? You're right, now they won't be able to progress through the game and experience everything it has to offer because the R40's dominate the competition.

    The 50 WF's are wayyyy worse than any of the twinking brackets. Play until you are r40 and tell me about your experience.
    Twink is way worst.
    Oh I got 4 R40 character ,one R20++ toon and 2 sub lvl 30s that I lvling for fun (not twinkling)
    Deepstrike:Gintoki cleric r47 Shinpachi warrior r46, Kayura rogue r50, Tsukuyo mage r47
    Laethys: Roba r44
    GW2:Ayo Timako , level 54 Necro

  2. #62
    Sword of Telara Wawer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    870

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Charlice View Post
    In my opinion, they are 100 x more FUN than 50's warfronts. They are also 100 x more evenly matched, gear wise. They don't contain even half the emo rage either. And players actually try to win, and go after the objectives. My key word is fun. That is my 'real reason'.

    http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b4...y/1000-786.jpg
    http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b4...y/1000-642.jpg
    http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b4...y/900-1000.jpg
    http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b4...ly/500-487.jpg
    http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b4...ly/500-413.jpg
    http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b4...ly/495-404.jpg
    Next time , try posting something that don't have the first dps doing twice or more dmg than the next one before you claim it is "more evenly matched" gear wise".
    I am sure you have fun, and I am also sure the bottom few who get their A ss kicked don't find it fun.
    Deepstrike:Gintoki cleric r47 Shinpachi warrior r46, Kayura rogue r50, Tsukuyo mage r47
    Laethys: Roba r44
    GW2:Ayo Timako , level 54 Necro

  3. #63
    Prophet of Telara Valfador's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,161

    Default

    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...219171633.jpg/
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...225103003.jpg/
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...220154405.jpg/

    Gear helps... but what makes the most difference is builds, True story.

    Granted gear helps you along... But knowing how to play your character can negate so much of their gear advantage. Pop your cooldowns at the right time, initiate when you have the advantage. Run away when you don't.
    It's just simple l2p facts
    Last edited by Valfador; 05-12-2012 at 04:28 AM.
    0.3/8 ID 2.123/4 PF

  4. #64
    Prophet of Telara Valfador's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Valfador View Post
    -broken links-
    http://img846.imageshack.us/img846/7...0219171633.jpg

    http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/634...0220154405.jpg

    http://img840.imageshack.us/img840/5...0225103003.jpg

    There is a gear advantage, but compare it to warfronts at 50, it's nothing at all
    Last edited by Valfador; 05-12-2012 at 04:36 AM.
    0.3/8 ID 2.123/4 PF

  5. #65
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    34

    Default

    Is it just me or are sub 50's also wanting walfare epics now?

  6. #66
    Champion
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    534

    Default

    If you are new to the game you do not know how to play it and you are free facerolls for the twinks, and this is what twinks feed of. And sure twinks are paying customer, but they will only be that until there are no more new players that feeding their ego. And this is what is actually happening at this moment as we speak.
    New players join a wf they get smacked over to a point were they can not even get out of the spawn. In the end they will leave because they actually think this is how PvP is. Worst case they will leave the game. So whilst you are facerolling those players you are not only feeding your ego, you are also making the pvp community smaller and smaller because the amount of players that comes in and stay are shrinking fast with twinks in action.

    In the end there will be only twinks fighting twinks and nothing that feeds your ego and this is were the twink will quit and now we have lost not only twinks but also the new players. The players that are the future of RIFT.

    Using argument like anyone can do this, is just not in any way valid and you all know it. Because normal people level up and stay in each bracket for a shorter period of time until they move to next.
    Most new players don't have a clue how to do this, because they are learning the game and are struggling to do so. And even if they actually did, do you think that they will grind gear for weeks just to punch you in one warfront and then move to next bracket? Also is that really what you want? To meet other twinks and fight them? Or are you going off at facerolling new players? I mean that is why you are in this lower brackets after all. This is what feeds the twinks ego.

    And do not use argument like you are making queue times lower, because they were fine before. I played the game for more then a year and i level all my alts in pvp and i have never during this year had to wait a longer time then a few minutes at lower levels.

    Also do not bring the argument that your a paying customer, because sure you are, but you cost the game and the community a hell of a lot more then you contribute. And in the end you will leave us with no new players doing PvP and a very long queue time and you have moved on to another game that keeps on feeding your ego. It is a loose/loose situation for the PvP comunity no matter how you present it.

  7. #67
    Rift Disciple Sabryn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    137

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by leaa View Post
    If you are new to the game you do not know how to play it and you are free facerolls for the twinks, and this is what twinks feed of. And sure twinks are paying customer, but they will only be that until there are no more new players that feeding their ego. And this is what is actually happening at this moment as we speak.
    New players join a wf they get smacked over to a point were they can not even get out of the spawn. In the end they will leave because they actually think this is how PvP is. Worst case they will leave the game. So whilst you are facerolling those players you are not only feeding your ego, you are also making the pvp community smaller and smaller because the amount of players that comes in and stay are shrinking fast with twinks in action.
    If they're letting themselves get spawn camped, there's nothing you can do to save them. Also since most "twinks" aren't there to "faceroll" (you all are using this term wrong, btw) and feed their ego but rather have a good fight against other good players, your point is invalid.

    Quote Originally Posted by leaa View Post
    In the end there will be only twinks fighting twinks and nothing that feeds your ego and this is were the twink will quit and now we have lost not only twinks but also the new players. The players that are the future of RIFT.
    I doubt most care enough to unsub after losing a couple games at x0 or whatever. If they don't like it, they'll just quest or LFG. Those that want to be competitive will stick with it.

    Quote Originally Posted by leaa View Post
    Using argument like anyone can do this, is just not in any way valid and you all know it. Because normal people level up and stay in each bracket for a shorter period of time until they move to next.
    Most new players don't have a clue how to do this, because they are learning the game and are struggling to do so. And even if they actually did, do you think that they will grind gear for weeks just to punch you in one warfront and then move to next bracket? Also is that really what you want? To meet other twinks and fight them? Or are you going off at facerolling new players? I mean that is why you are in this lower brackets after all. This is what feeds the twinks ego.
    Anyone can do it, yes. I did it without even knowing what XP lock was before 28. Just make some crafted weapons/armor and learn a good soul and rotation. You'll be called a twink in no time.

    Quote Originally Posted by leaa View Post
    And do not use argument like you are making queue times lower, because they were fine before. I played the game for more then a year and i level all my alts in pvp and i have never during this year had to wait a longer time then a few minutes at lower levels.
    I don't know what alternate dimension you're from, but that was not the case in this world.

    Quote Originally Posted by leaa View Post
    Also do not bring the argument that your a paying customer, because sure you are, but you cost the game and the community a hell of a lot more then you contribute. And in the end you will leave us with no new players doing PvP and a very long queue time and you have moved on to another game that keeps on feeding your ego. It is a loose/loose situation for the PvP comunity no matter how you present it.
    I see plenty of new people consistently queuing in the brackets. Regardless of winning or losing. Alot will even ask the twinks/locked toons for advice. If they make the effort to get better that's great, whether they're staying in a bracket for a few days or pushing to 50 PvP.

  8. #68
    Ascendant Meina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,618

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mouset View Post
    Is it just me or are sub 50's also wanting walfare epics now?
    In this case it's not free epics but free XP's and favor.

  9. #69
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sabryn View Post
    It seems like everyone is forgetting that all of us are paying customers. We can play the game however we want, and if someone doesn't like something in the game, they can do something else.

    That said, I highly doubt a few losses in a low WF is going to make people just up and quit.
    I played RIFT beta and subbed for the first month. Then I got to 50 and realized PVP was a joke - just a monster grind rewarding those with uber amounts of time. I don't have that luxury as I have commitments like job, wife, etc.

    Then they started the XP lock allowing lower levels to experience an "end game" with no grind. I resubbed two days ago after being gone for over a year.

    Here's one example of Twinks bringing a player back. And I'm not playing to "own" someone or anything like that. I'm paying because they took some of the time grind out. I was able to make a twink that competes with no help from any higher level character in about 3 days. Really enjoying what is a great game again.

  10. #70
    Ascendant Zaros's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    7,411

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Valfador View Post
    http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/634...0220154405.jpg
    There is a gear advantage, but compare it to warfronts at 50, it's nothing at all
    I don't understand how you can post a screeny like that and say what you say
    ~Quiescent

  11. #71
    Ascendant Misun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    The Sticks
    Posts
    5,802

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Valfador View Post
    Not sure if you know this or not but....once you cast your foraging/mining buffs, you don't really ever have to recast them.

    Is that the butchering icon I see as well? Just wondering.
    Pridy Bebe of Mobile Death Squad @Faeblight

    DYER the best unofficial Rift forum.

  12. #72
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    161

    Default

    To the OP:

    I agree Twinking is an issue, you'll notice the same few people filling these types of threads using the same, dull and worn out excuses over and over and over.

    Having said that it's clear that they lack the simple ability to see whats occurring. While they herald Twinking as a last ditch attempt to save PvP the honest truth is that it is actually an attempt to drive whats left of PvP into the ground.

    Kiddies no legitimate Dev is gonna say 'WTF why not. Lets allow these idiots to lock into a bracket...Lets let them exploit the average player, lets allow them to over gear so heavily that the experience for every other participant in that game is ruined.' Or 'Heck ya lets give a small fraction of the population free reign over the average, non twink players in PvP, how could that not boost our numbers!'

    It's a ploy to kill PvP. I've said this before but they're essentially taking the 'Greg Street' approach - Make it so ridiculously bad, make it such a dull and boring experience that the player base walks away. And frankly it is, I personally just yaaaaaaawn when I join a WF and see 'that idiot' on my team or the opposing team....It's like well no need to play this round, were already gonna win/lose...

    I've started thread after thread addressing this issue but it essentially boils down the same idea 'PvP is being driven into the ground' end of the story. So will there be a fix for the Twinks? No. The Twinks are essentially being used to 'phase out' PvP.

  13. #73
    General of Telara
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    939

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hugatree View Post
    To the OP:

    I agree Twinking is an issue, you'll notice the same few people filling these types of threads using the same, dull and worn out excuses over and over and over.

    Having said that it's clear that they lack the simple ability to see whats occurring. While they herald Twinking as a last ditch attempt to save PvP the honest truth is that it is actually an attempt to drive whats left of PvP into the ground.

    Kiddies no legitimate Dev is gonna say 'WTF why not. Lets allow these idiots to lock into a bracket...Lets let them exploit the average player, lets allow them to over gear so heavily that the experience for every other participant in that game is ruined.' Or 'Heck ya lets give a small fraction of the population free reign over the average, non twink players in PvP, how could that not boost our numbers!'

    It's a ploy to kill PvP. I've said this before but they're essentially taking the 'Greg Street' approach - Make it so ridiculously bad, make it such a dull and boring experience that the player base walks away. And frankly it is, I personally just yaaaaaaawn when I join a WF and see 'that idiot' on my team or the opposing team....It's like well no need to play this round, were already gonna win/lose...

    I've started thread after thread addressing this issue but it essentially boils down the same idea 'PvP is being driven into the ground' end of the story. So will there be a fix for the Twinks? No. The Twinks are essentially being used to 'phase out' PvP.
    What are you smoking? You are sounding a little paranoid. Do you honestly believe that Trion is trying to destroy their game, to phase out PvP in some nefarious manner? Sorry your post is just too strange.

    Your idea of “over geared” is also kind of strange. If you are saying that someone should not be able to equip equipment not intended for their level I don’t think you will have many people disagreeing with you, I certainly don’t. But it sounds like are you saying that someone who puts appropriate gear for their level in all their slots is doing something wrong? So I am curious, how many empty slots would make an appropriate player? One, two, five…just wondering?

  14. #74
    Ascendant Meina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,618

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hugatree View Post
    To the OP:

    I agree Twinking is an issue, you'll notice the same few people filling these types of threads using the same, dull and worn out excuses over and over and over.
    And it's usually the same few people here arguing against twinking too. What's your point?
    Having said that it's clear that they lack the simple ability to see whats occurring. While they herald Twinking as a last ditch attempt to save PvP the honest truth is that it is actually an attempt to drive whats left of PvP into the ground.

    Kiddies no legitimate Dev is gonna say 'WTF why not. Lets allow these idiots to lock into a bracket...Lets let them exploit the average player, lets allow them to over gear so heavily that the experience for every other participant in that game is ruined.' Or 'Heck ya lets give a small fraction of the population free reign over the average, non twink players in PvP, how could that not boost our numbers!'

    It's a ploy to kill PvP. I've said this before but they're essentially taking the 'Greg Street' approach - Make it so ridiculously bad, make it such a dull and boring experience that the player base walks away. And frankly it is, I personally just yaaaaaaawn when I join a WF and see 'that idiot' on my team or the opposing team....It's like well no need to play this round, were already gonna win/lose...

    I've started thread after thread addressing this issue but it essentially boils down the same idea 'PvP is being driven into the ground' end of the story. So will there be a fix for the Twinks? No. The Twinks are essentially being used to 'phase out' PvP.
    This has to be the silliest thing I've seen on this forum (or any forum) for a long time.

  15. #75
    Ascendant Charlice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    6,616

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wawer View Post
    Next time , try posting something that don't have the first dps doing twice or more dmg than the next one before you claim it is "more evenly matched" gear wise".
    I am sure you have fun, and I am also sure the bottom few who get their A ss kicked don't find it fun.
    I guess you didn't bother noticing, how close, every single one of those matches were.

    I don't even know who top of the parse was. Do you? Do you actually know, for a fact, they're a twink?


    Den of Madness | Greybriar | Den of Badness | Derpwood

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts