+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 12 18 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast
Like Tree259Likes

Thread: Campaign against exp lock in Warfronts

Quote Originally Posted by Xiahoudun View Post
    Back to the topic:
    Yes. Twinks are unfair. Having lvl x9 units run around with the best possible gear 2 shotting anyone in their path is not the epitome of balance. Neither is needing 3 dps-ers to take him down (assumed he isn't being healed).
    Two things (and I keep saying this, but I don't know why, since nobody will listen): a) twinks shouldn't be two-shotting anyone unless they're criminally undergeared for their level, and b) twinking kit (by which I mean the harder-to-acquire or outright inaccessible gear) across all brackets increases the twink's output but does not offer a corresponding increase in durability (exception: builds with healing/lifetaps who, clearly, get more return w/ higher stats, but they're going to still have comparable health/armor).
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

Yes. Twinks are unfair. Having lvl x9 units run around with the best possible gear 2 shotting anyone in their path is not the epitome of balance.
    Welcome to a gear based game. The reason the x9's are owning people is because those people aren't geared/talented to deal with it. Those people have(had) the choice to remedy that. They opted not too, why? because Trion made the character level cap 50, so it's assumed, that's where all the action has to be.

while the latter equates to prison-"surprise sex".
    Epic

Rift Disciple

You said removing xp lock wouldn't stop you from spoiling WF for others: If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, I'm not gonna call it a moose. You then tried to hide your ******baggery behind semantics and i pointed it out. Also, how do you suppose i WRONGLY argued against you? You proved yourself wrong in your own freaking post when you quoted the freaking dictionary.

Back to the topic:
    Yes. Twinks are unfair. Having lvl x9 units run around with the best possible gear 2 shotting anyone in their path is not the epitome of balance. Neither is needing 3 dps-ers to take him down (assumed he isn't being healed).

I am curious though. When i start a sentence with "I prefer.." What part of your brain reads this as "We the people.." And don't use 'losing' and 'roflstomping' interchangeably, the former implies that you stood a chance, while the latter equates to prison-"surprise sex".
    I said that because I didn't realize it would want to make you slit your wrists. I didn't realize that you were so bad at PvP (and the English language) that you'll ignore every valid point made and constantly just cry about twinks "2 shotting anyone in their path". Which apparently only happens to you and the few other people around here laying in the fetal position.

Also, you still don't understand the word facetious or it's meaning. I guess someone once told you that you used it incorrectly and now you've come here to project that onto me since you obviously never figured out how to use it correctly. Also saying that you're not taking this issue seriously makes me laugh. From all of the posts I've read of yours (lots of whining imo) it seems that you may need professional counseling to get over the issues that the "twinks" are causing.

And sorry for not being clear: I would rather be completely dominated by a premade of 20 skilled twinks than sit in the queue for an hour EVER. I'm sorry that it causes you so much anxiety to lose games. Maybe if you tried having fun it wouldn't be so bad, though I'm starting to notice that alot of people have a hard time having fun playing video games. Maybe try to play some DOTA, HoN, or LoL if you want to start on an even field every match. I enjoy playing the RPG element to improve my characters and what's the point if we're going to join and have our stats matched anyways?

Basically this is what I'm reading: You're complaining about not standing on an even playing field while standing on an even playing field. Other people have worked to develop their gear and skills but you don't want to do that so instead you come here to whine until the GMs just hand you wins. What's the point of playing an RPG if you don't want to play the actual RPG element of the game?

Oh and hey. I left you some grammatical errors to correct me on. See if you can find them all!

Back to the topic:

I am curious though. When i start a sentence with "I prefer.." What part of your brain reads this as "We the people.." And don't use 'losing' and 'roflstomping' interchangeably, the former implies that you stood a chance, while the latter equates to prison-"surprise sex".
    Back to topic.

You know what I think is unfair? That players that chose NOT to level lock, and will out level each warfront bracket, in less than a week, crying because they died in a warfront.

You can pretend as much as you like there is some enormous gear disparity in the lower level warfronts. You can keep saying twinks are skill-less evil monsters out to ruin the fun of others, again in most cases that is just not true.

Numerous times players that had level locked toons posted on how simple it is to gear up a toon. Maybe not to have BIS, but to be competitive. Most of you wouldn't know what competitive was if it bit you.

Obviously you and your kind consider anyone at x9 a twink. This was more than half the problem. Anyone that killed 'some players' in warfronts under 50 was considered a twink. Not once did any of you consider that it might be because YOU need to lift your game.

Well thank you very much. You have managed to get rid of something in game that quite a few players enjoyed. I don't consider EVER taking something away from game once it's been introduced a good move. I don't consider pandering to the lazy a good move either.

Enjoy the balance that is level 50 warfronts, if you can find it.

Den of Madness | Greybriar | Den of Badness | Derpwood

General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Charlice View Post
    Back to topic.

You know what I think is unfair? That players that chose NOT to level lock, and will out level each warfront bracket, in less than a week, crying because they died in a warfront.

You can pretend as much as you like there is some enormous gear disparity in the lower level warfronts. You can keep saying twinks are skill-less evil monsters out to ruin the fun of others, again in most cases that is just not true.

Numerous times players that had level locked toons posted on how simple it is to gear up a toon. Maybe not to have BIS, but to be competitive. Most of you wouldn't know what competitive was if it bit you.

Obviously you and your kind consider anyone at x9 a twink. This was more than half the problem. Anyone that killed 'some players' in warfronts under 50 was considered a twink. Not once did any of you consider that it might be because YOU need to lift your game.

Well thank you very much. You have managed to get rid of something in game that quite a few players enjoyed. I don't consider EVER taking something away from game once it's been introduced a good move. I don't consider pandering to the lazy a good move either.

Well said Charlice.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlice View Post
    Back to topic.

This is the saddest thing about this whole "twink" situation.

As I've said before, some people need an excuse for why they lost a fight in PvP. Heaven forbid they actually got beat by a better player.

First it was "OMG, premades are EVERYWHERE!!!", which led Trion eliminating a legitimate way for premades to play this game. As is always the case with something like this, the whole premade thing got blown way out of proportion.

Now the finger gets pointed at twinks. If someone gets beat in a low level WF, for any reason, it must have had something to do with twinking. People don't stop to think that maybe, just maybe, their opponent was using a better spec than they were, or the other guy actually gave a rat about his gear but did not necessarily have BiS for his level, or that the other guy simply played his toon better.

It's super easy to blame the other guy for "cheating" when you lose and twinks are the most obvious and easiest target for that blame in low level WF's. It's never the fault of the person crying foul, even when that person is running around in gear that's obsolete by 5 to 10 levels. And, once again, the whole thing gets blown way out of proportion.

What I really found ironic were the people that would claim that they had no problem beating twinks, but they were here fighting against level locking anyway.

Actually, now that I think about it, that is the second saddest thing. The saddest thing is that people who weren't even involved in low level WF's while level locking was active and never even encountered twinks in any way, shape or form jumping on the bandwagon against level locking. (You know who you are) To me, these people rank right down there with the people who troll the forums, just to stir up crap and animosity (who also exacerbated the problem, btw). They had no practical knowledge of what was going on and yet they still had to put their 2 cents worth into a debate they knew nothing about.

Seriously, the "problem" was not that bad. Even Hartsman said so. It could certainly be countered by anyone who put even a lick of effort into their gear.

jca
    Rift Chaser

Look, let's just call it like it is. Removing level locking had nothing to do with "twinks" being a problem. It had everything to do with level 50 pvp being utterly fubar'd. Level locking provided a means for all those sick of the bs at 50 to do something else and it drained the level 50 pvp pool. There aren't that many twinks you say? There aren't that many playing the game anymore either so yes, those lost players at 50 did matter.

Removing level locking is Trion's attempt to force those players back to the quagmire that is 50 pvp. The only people saying pvp at 50 is fine are those who've already locked in their gear advantage. I play both and the facts are that the gear disparity at sub-50 pales in comparison to that at 50. The myth that 50 somehow has more skilled play is just that; a myth. Frankly with the state of cc at 50, there's actually more room for strategic ability use sub-50. Another bit of bs is that the competence at 50 is somehow superior. Since I started back on my 50's I've been amazed at the sheer ineptitude I'm seeing in 50 wf's. At lease in the lower brackets the "twinks" knew how to play the wf's and the others followed. At 50, half the time, people are just running around like chickens with their heads cut off.

I honestly think the removal of XP locking and replacing it with mentoring had little to do with Trion trying to quash twinking.

XP locking was just a stop gap while they were working on the mentoring system, which is a more robust system for allowing people to complete content they might have missed while leveling. It not only allows people to "lock" their XP while leveling, it allows people to down level their toons so they can backtrack and or play with people who are lower level than they are without overpowering the content.

The problem with mentoring is that it just wouldn't work for WF's. High level character who mentors down to a lower level will still be more powerful than a character of that level. It would take an amazing amount of programming to compensate for every little bit of gear, PA, ability and numerous other factors that make a high level toon more powerful than a low level toon. As a result, it's obvious that Trion could not allow mentored characters into a low level WF. If you think twinks were OP, just imagine how OP a mentored 50 would be.

In short, I don't feel that the mentoring system was created to kill twinking. It's just Trion looking to improve their "I want to stick around / go back and complete content at a specific level" system.
    Last edited by Meina; 06-08-2012 at 07:49 AM.

After reading all the raging on both sides regarding twinks, I'm currently witnessing the "problem" first hand. I'm levelling a new toon up through WFs (currently 16).

I've seen quite a few twinks and I have to say...

... son, I am dissapoint.

I was expecting the facemelting received when low p rank at 50, but it's pretty tame by comparison. Perhaps I've only come up against poor twinks so far (looked at gear when on their sides - so I know they're twinked), but the gear really isn't making up for a serious lack of skill.

Whilst I can understand that a brand new player with no PvP awerness might have difficulty, I haven't found it too bad.
    Playtime - p4x Guardian Rogue - Bloodiron
    Sma - p4x Guardian Mage - Bloodiron

Is anyone honestly looking forward to the mentor system? Maybe I'm missing something here but wtf is the point of punting your 50 to lvl 19 to "experience" Iron Tombs at 19? Why not just keep em at 50 and zip right through it? Do we not get credit or something for crap unless we mentor? I'm just failing to see ANY incentive behind mentoring.

Oh well, back to creeping on the PVP forums...
    But at least we can get married now!
    I'll be fishing in Codex...
    Nobodi - R8 Mage Defiant Deepwood
    Somebodi - 19 Rogue Guardian Deepwood (twink wannabe)

Quote Originally Posted by Cime View Post
    Is anyone honestly looking forward to the mentor system? Maybe I'm missing something here but wtf is the point of punting your 50 to lvl 19 to "experience" Iron Tombs at 19? Why not just keep em at 50 and zip right through it? Do we not get credit or something for crap unless we mentor? I'm just failing to see ANY incentive behind mentoring.

The only gain I can see is that it allows you to down-level your toon so you can quest or run dungeons with friends or guildmates who are playing low level toons. Without mentoring, the 50 would just blow through the low level content and completely remove the challenge for the level appropriate players.

It also allows players to effectively level lock their toons so they can finish PvE content they might out level, just like the level locking system does now.

I do agree with you though. I really don't see a big call for it.

There's going to be little benefit to people not playing for fluff reasons.

Personally, I'd have rather seen a system to mentor someone up for content (excluding instances, like dungeons and raids), as most of the people I know would be more than content to have someone higher level blow them through a dungeon or other piece of content vs. playing the 'challenging' version, especially if they're looking towards the end game.

Would definitely be nice if people trying to tag lower-level zone bosses for achievements would mentor down so other people can get there though. ;)
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

Quote Originally Posted by Meina View Post
    The only gain I can see is that it allows you to down-level your toon so you can quest or run dungeons with friends or guildmates who are playing low level toons. Without mentoring, the 50 would just blow through the low level content and completely remove the challenge for the level appropriate players.

It also allows players to effectively level lock their toons so they can finish PvE content they might out level, just like the level locking system does now.

I do agree with you though. I really don't see a big call for it.
    I think it's Trion answer for the xp-lock. It takes away one argument of fufilling zone experience and quests and it eliminates locked twinks.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Misterjingo View Post
    After reading all the raging on both sides regarding twinks, I'm currently witnessing the "problem" first hand. I'm levelling a new toon up through WFs (currently 16).

I've seen quite a few twinks and I have to say...

... son, I am dissapoint.

I was expecting the facemelting received when low p rank at 50, but it's pretty tame by comparison. Perhaps I've only come up against poor twinks so far (looked at gear when on their sides - so I know they're twinked), but the gear really isn't making up for a serious lack of skill.

Whilst I can understand that a brand new player with no PvP awerness might have difficulty, I haven't found it too bad.
    I went back and leveled 1 of each class through the 19 bracket with the quest gear I got b4 reaching lvl 10. I did buy the pvp boots and gloves once i got the favor. I found myself near the top of kbs,damage done nearly every game. My gear blew. As i leveled my numbers would fall in sync with my bolster disappearing. By the time I got to 19 my crit had fallen to under 10%. My hps also dropped around 300 from lvl 10. I go after the fang/artifacts like crazy in wfs while I still need to level. Fact is terrible players will always be near the bottom gear or not. Gear helps alot but doesnt remove the need for skill.

Quote Originally Posted by Cime View Post

as a mentor you get full XP gains- doing any content in the game.
    so yea, im looking forward to it

a level 50 doing a level 19 iron tomb gets nothing, a mentor at level 16 doing it gets alot of PA xp.
    and iron tomb is a bad example because it is playable as an expert.
    alot of content is not and its nice to be rewarded for playing outleveled content.
    and i have friends that only play once every few weeks,.. its nice to be able to play on my main with then, instead of having a alt that sits until hes on.

how mentoring will effect world pvp is another thread altogether,..........
    1. Ruule --------50--r50-warrior-(g)
    2. Necrodemis--50--r41-mage-(g)
    3. Greywind-----50--r45-rouge-(g)
    4. Cavalon-------50--r43-cleric-(g)
    5. Cruule---------50-----warrior-(d)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 12 18 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast