+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast
Like Tree259Likes

Thread: Campaign against exp lock in Warfronts

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Cedius View Post
    (save for the 50 rep runes)
    THIS is what the 'community' is most upset with!

Items in Twinking that were changed and are no longer possible to obtain yet the items that had been enhanced before the change that were left in IS THE PROBLEM and TRION's failure to fix this issue is what's angering players.

If all players were able to get the SAME GEAR, there would be no arguements.

EVERY other gear change they've made in this game has retroactively changed all affected items EXCEPT these twink pieces. It's a double standard and Trion is FAIL for not removing these items.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhrawn View Post
    THIS is what the 'community' is most upset with!

Items in Twinking that were changed and are no longer possible to obtain yet the items that had been enhanced before the change that were left in IS THE PROBLEM and TRION's failure to fix this issue is what's angering players.

If all players were able to get the SAME GEAR, there would be no arguements.

EVERY other gear change they've made in this game has retroactively changed all affected items EXCEPT these twink pieces. It's a double standard and Trion is FAIL for not removing these items.
    And I believe that those runes should be taken away, or give credit back to the 50 who purchased it.
    \

I, frankly, don't give two figs for twinks. I play warfronts FOR xp and favor to buy nicer gear. If someone gets their jollies off of one-shotting me, then okay. I'll still get xp and rep whilst waiting for the rez timer. I guess that means I'm in favor of no lock xp in warfronts.

Having said that, I do think the brackets are too large (maybe 5s would be more balanced?) and the use of grandfathered runes is just patently unfair (and I rarely use that word) and ridiculous in concept.

I am not a PvP fanatic, but I enjoy doing my best in the WFs and healing with my little cleric. I try to gear appropriately, play the best I can, and then continue to upgrade my gear and skill as I go. I just can't be bothered with people who choose to stay at one level, cheat on gear, and get thrills for soloing warfronts. Knock yourselves out, but I would be bored silly, personally. What is challenging about that?

I suspect if lock xp were eliminated, a lot of new level 20s would be stomped into red puddles by the 29s and likely whine quite a bit that it's unfair.
    * Cienn 50 Mathosian Pyro Mage-Keenblade * Landuu 45 Kelari Pyro Mage-Greenscale * Xee 37 High Elf Healing Cleric, Warfronts-Homeless *

If you say "plz" instead of "please" because it's easier to type, then I will say "no" instead of "yes" for the same reason.

Shadowlander

haha, you can tell who all the twinks are in this topic.

Making up excuses not to remove XP lock.. wots up, cuz u fail at 50pvp & want to grow e-peen killing mostly noobs in lowbie WF's, removing xp lock a bad idea?

You will find that when xp lock is removed (which im pretty sure sooner or later it will be) que times will be the same or better, as atm most lowbie wf's are full of twinks as the casual none-twink normal player dont bother with them because of 50 fails running about in them trying to grow e-peen.

Twinks = lolz

Quote Originally Posted by tizdaz View Post
    haha, you can tell who all the twinks are in this topic.

Making up excuses not to remove XP lock.. wots up, cuz u fail at 50pvp & want to grow e-peen killing mostly noobs in lowbie WF's, removing xp lock a bad idea?

You will find that when xp lock is removed (which im pretty sure sooner or later it will be) que times will be the same or better, as atm most lowbie wf's are full of twinks as the casual none-twink normal player dont bother with them because of 50 fails running about in them trying to grow e-peen.

Twinks = lolz
    Hahaha you're so clever aren't you. You've caught us, here trying to grow our e-peens. And there you are crying, because you fail at warfronts and putting gear in slots.

Oh wait, having gear in slots makes you a twink doesn't it, so does being competitive.

I'm pretty sure it won't be removed tbh. I'm also really sure that you could wave goodbye to your clueless, gearless warfronts, for under 50's if that ever happened.

Non-twinks = lolz

Den of Madness | Greybriar | Den of Badness | Derpwood

How about we have a "Campaign against Bots"?

They're actually more detrimental to a game than bads.

i like the idea too.....
    Theblackspikes: Only a bit more than just another lvl 60 Mage
    Missing the <Unreal> home...

Telaran

i would like more warfronts and no pvp specific stats... as im a raider and dont want to farm just play a competitive pvp sometimes...

Quote Originally Posted by Charlice View Post
    Sure, there's a number of twinks that went all out, and as far as even I'm concerned cheated, but not all.
    Trion have made some changes to what can be equipped now and I'm sure they'll continue to tweak 'stuff'.

Put gear in ALL your slots and learn your class. Also realise that if a stop is put to lvl locking in warfronts, you can say goodbye to fast queue times, for any bracket under 50.
    I know I'm a bit weird, but I always consider the 12/13 abusing Dex/whetstone scaling to be more of a cheat than the 19 using Flawless augments. :3

But yes, gear in slots is key. My cleric is 29, in level 15-19 gear (with Int augments), outparsing the people I'm queuing into dungeons with in both healing and dps as Inquisicar, mainly because half of these people don't have gear in all slots (or have horrible out-leveled gear).
    Last edited by Kyera; 05-11-2012 at 04:53 AM.
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

signed.
    unless you make seperate warfronts for XP locked people.
    no reason my warrior with 120 str and 60 dex should be fighting a rogue with 270 str and 380 dex.
    How much do you HATE BISHOPX?
    Warrior video (july)
    Newest shaman PvP video
    Enjoy the GREATEST HITS

Twinks saying they're engaged in competitive PvP slays me every time.

"I'm dominating the dojo, Jerry!"

Majn
    Be healed and be well.

Quote Originally Posted by MannSeastone View Post

^^this is a hilariously fact

I don't twink, so none of these issues affect me, but reading this thread has cracked me up. The twinkers justifying their actions is some of the best read of the year.

"no,no, I don't play with locked xp to dominate, I play because im bored of 50"

This is the statement I dont understand. You grew tired of 50 pvp. Why? The only reason to twink an alt due to being bored of 50 pvp is because you are being destroyed at lvl 50 and have no clue how to get better. The reason I have came to this conclusion is this. If you were bored at lvl 50 because you were dominating, then going to a lower bracket with a locked exp bar would not improve that state. If you were competitive, and using what i've read on most post, you would not be leaving it, because you would be enjoying it. So, the only valid conclusion is that you wanted to be able to beat people.

So, explain to me again why your twinking? Oh, wait, your gonna say that lvl 50 isn't blanced aren't you? That it's so bad that you want to play in a lower lvl bracket. But, explain to me how going to a lower lvl bracket in the same system nulifies the imbalance?? Oh, wait, it's nulified in your mind cause now your the imbalance and you get to wreck face without any skill.

Please continue with you attempts to justify your place as a twink, it's hilarious. All I can think about are people who beat on children or their wifes because they were too small of a person to stand up for themselves in real life when the crap hit the fan.........

This Twink arguement is reaaallly dragging on.

You guys must realise that having an effect on the warfront under 50 now is completely impossible now unless you're right at the top of the level cap (19-29-39-49,for the better gear, the level itself barely matters).

Telling people to "get gear in every slot and L2P" is a ******ed arguement, PVP is an unfriendly leveling experience now that turns off new players, there's no skill on the part of the twinks unless there are lots of twinks on both sides in the warfront. I've leveled a cleric and a mage to 50 since the XP lock introduction, and there's never more then 10-20% twinks apart from in the F2P 10-20 bracket. It doesn't matter what class they are, or what class they're against, their damage is so overinflated in comparison to most of the other people in the warfront's health and healing capacity that the twinks can just spam whatever attacks they want and be super effective. Pray tell me what skill is involved in twinking, if it was anything to do with skill then you would lock at a lower level then X9, you just want as big an advantage in the bracket as possible so you can control the warfront, be a hero and not have to care about intended designs like teamwork, healing etc.

Regardless of whatever arguement you may have for your right to "enjoy the game how you want", Trion should simply support the majority of their customers and consider the huge imbalances between players in the same bracket, and especially consider the effect twinks have on new subscribers, especially those that are new to MMOs. This goes both ways too, if the warfronts were majority twinks, then regardless of my personal opinion I'd be forced to agree that the feature was more benefitial to the health of the game... but it's not

EDIT: Also, please stop making threads about it and bump existing threads instead!
    Last edited by Zaiana; 05-11-2012 at 06:14 AM.
    "If the young are not initiated into the Village, they will burn it down just to feel it's warmth"

Quote Originally Posted by MannSeastone View Post

So, by the same token..is it competitive when rank 40's are pitted against rank 3's? Isn't that the same thing?
    Pridy Bebe of Mobile Death Squad @Faeblight

DYER the best unofficial Rift forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Misun View Post
    So, by the same token..is it competitive when rank 40's are pitted against rank 3's? Isn't that the same thing?
    Oh, oh, a counter arguement. So what your saying is that you want to be the rank40 now and not have to work for it, even with the boost the've given to the lower ranks. Instead, twinking gives the instant gratification of being r40. Thanks, I'll remember that.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast