+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast
Like Tree259Likes

Thread: Campaign against exp lock in Warfronts

Quote Originally Posted by Tohrid View Post
    Please continue with you attempts to justify your place as a twink, it's hilarious. All I can think about are people who beat on children or their wifes because they were too small of a person to stand up for themselves in real life when the crap hit the fan.........
    Comparing loltwinking to spousal abuse. Priceless. This really is SERIOUS BUSINESS.

Den of Madness | Greybriar | Den of Badness | Derpwood

Telaran

Default Former glory?

Quote Originally Posted by Katana OG View Post
    First of all I would like to thank everyone who has given trion their opinion on twinking, our voices have not gone unheard. Second of all I would like to say to all the twinks out there, BOOOOOOOOOOYAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!! INYOFACE!!! and all that other good stuff hahahaha! I am very happy that this game is returning to its former glory, and I hope that all of us (twinkies included) will continue to enjoy our days upon the bloodied sands of Telara
    Now I've been sitting here waiting for a 10-19 warfront for about an hour. Has the game returned to its former glory already? Where are all the twinks?

Quote Originally Posted by Slayqualm View Post
    Now I've been sitting here waiting for a 10-19 warfront for about an hour. Has the game returned to its former glory already? Where are all the twinks?
    They're waiting for server maintenance to finish on D3, while trolling forums. We can multitask

Den of Madness | Greybriar | Den of Badness | Derpwood

Telaran

Default Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlice View Post
    They're waiting for server maintenance to finish on D3, while trolling forums. We can multitask
    Thanks Charlice. I appreciate your posts btw.

Telaran

Default Perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by Slayqualm View Post
    Perhaps I could hole up in Gloamwood/Stonefield with a stealthed sniper and destroy any ungeared, clueless noobs who come past? That makes me a twink, huh?

Soulwalker

only way to fix this is seperating xp lock wf's and normal wf's, like OTHER mmo's.

you can't humiliate other players that don't have gear(epic like you) at all slots. And they are right to whine cause got 2 shot by other twinks. you know what? all weekend long i tried to level up my rogue at wf's, nearly didnt won any matches cause opponent team was have 2 Twinks. when they become mercenary and joined my team we won easily.

They were keep camping at the outside of spawnpoint at codex. Losing all wf's at whole weekend was annoying and level progress was sux. We were not losing wf's cause we are not skilled(we got other level 50 toons ofc) or dont have any gear on our slots (mine most item slots was blue item), that was cause of unbalanced gears. if there is no balance at low levels, why the heck we got prestige level wf's at level 50?

this thread is 17 pages now, and same uber super players blame "fair wf supporters" as noobs, unskilled and naked wf players.

Quote Originally Posted by Belagost View Post
    you can't humiliate other players that don't have gear(epic like you) at all slots. And they are right to whine cause got 2 shot by other twinks. you know what? all weekend long i tried to level up my rogue at wf's, nearly didnt won any matches cause opponent team was have 2 Twinks. when they become mercenary and joined my team we won easily.
    Put not-terrible gear on.

If you did have not terrible gear on, as you claim, then you just got outplayed. The gear gap isn't going to carry bad twinks over good, appropriately-geared non-twinks. Sorry to burst your bubble.
    Last edited by Kyera; 05-29-2012 at 05:27 AM.
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Kyera View Post
    Put not-terrible gear on.

If you did have not terrible gear on, as you claim, then you just got outplayed. The gear gap isn't going to carry bad twinks over good, appropriately-geared non-twinks. Sorry to burst your bubble.
    there is big difference between epic gear twinks, and ppl with blue gear that tries to enjoy pvp and trying to level up at the same time. I DON'T had to prove you that i did have not terrible gear on. My gear was decent for my level but not EPİC. Btw i dont have to spend all my platiniums for EPIC gears cause to use them for 2 levels(i'm not locking xp and about 4 level later this items are useless do u forget that?). Because at low levels 2 shotting ppl at warfronts are not important for me, like you do.

I just can't understand why you twinks opposing the idea of seperating exp lock wf's&normal wf's. Cause u cant beat each other epic vs epic with 2 shot? You might cant kill critter at pvp with same epic gear and same level with your cleric maybe? is that the reason? sorry to burst your playing skills. but have no fear..i think you can do well against other twinks..i trust you.

there is big difference between epic gear twinks, and ppl with blue gear that tries to enjoy pvp and trying to level up at the same time. I DON'T had to prove you that i did have not terrible gear on. My gear was decent for my level but not EPİC. Btw i dont have to spend all my platiniums for EPIC gears cause to use them for 2 levels(i'm not locking xp and about 4 level later this items are useless do u forget that?). Because at low levels 2 shotting ppl at warfronts are not important for me, like you do.
    I guess you missed the point.

If you're good, you can be competitive in inexpensive, level appropriate gear. If you're not, you can blame the twink gear gap -- especially considering it narrows the higher you go. You don't need "EPIC" gear, caps and all, to compete. You need to gear decently well, and back it up with ability. Considering I'm apparently super terribad at video games, if I can do it in cheap gear, someone actually good at RIFT should be able to dominate.

Grats on making some assumptions about my motives. I'm not going to rehash them here, again, as I have to do every time someone new flies into the discussion and says "lol ur bad and just want to pwn noobs".

I just can't understand why you twinks opposing the idea of seperating exp lock wf's&normal wf's. Cause u cant beat each other epic vs epic with 2 shot? You might cant kill critter at pvp with same epic gear and same level with your cleric maybe? is that the reason? sorry to burst your playing skills. but have no fear..i think you can do well against other twinks..i trust you.
    The opposition is due to queue times. It's been said eleventy billion times. Most of us (that are active on the forums) would be fine with it if the queue times would remain zippy. That's unlikely to happen. It's not that hard to understand. Dial back the rage and oh, I don't know, read some of the conversation.
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

Soulwalker

The opposition is due to queue times. It's been said eleventy billion times. Most of us (that are active on the forums) would be fine with it if the queue times would remain zippy. That's unlikely to happen. It's not that hard to understand. Dial back the rage and oh, I don't know, read some of the conversation.
    So just to not make few of you twinks wait for a long time to queque pop-ups, thousands of other people had to lost all wf's at weekend if other team have more twinks? and you twink guys calling us as selfish and nerd? m8 it isn't really hard to ding level 19 and create twink. so stay calm you are not the savior of the world. Having epic gear and killing ppl not making you a important person. btw i didnt said ""lol ur bad and just want to pwn noobs"." where did u made it up?

Your are not doing smthng really hard. i might new at that discussions but this doesnt means that i'm new to mmorpgs. Mud, Uo etc. etc. these things where i started. And i already made my favorite chars level 50. I'm not thinking myself about that xp lock. I'm thinking other players who trying to enjoy and level up at WF's.. But you are just thinking your own fun, and ganking. And that makes us different. not gears..

So just to not make few of you twinks wait for a long time to queque pop-ups, thousands of other people had to lost all wf's at weekend if other team have more twinks? and you twink guys calling us as selfish and nerd? m8 it isn't really hard to ding level 19 and create twink. so stay calm you are not the savior of the world. Having epic gear and killing ppl not making you a important person.
    Belagost, it's not just the twink queues. I don't know if you haven't tried to level an alt through PvP prior to XP lock's implementation or what, but the queues were abysmal beforehand. Yes, there's the potential that they'll stay hopping and active. They might not. At that point, both sides have poor queue times.

Of course, if you'd actually read any of the discussion before spewing unsupported drivel, you'd already know, that, and I wouldn't have to tell you.

btw i didnt said ""lol ur bad and just want to pwn noobs"." where did u made it up?
    Hmm. Not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Belagost
    so stay calm you are not the savior of the world. Having epic gear and killing ppl not making you a important person.
    Cause u cant beat each other epic vs epic with 2 shot? You might cant kill critter at pvp with same epic gear and same level with your cleric maybe? is that the reason? sorry to burst your playing skills. but have no fear..i think you can do well against other twinks..i trust you.
    you can't humiliate other players that don't have gear(epic like you) at all slots. [...] We were not losing wf's cause we are not skilled(we got other level 50 toons ofc) or dont have any gear on our slots (mine most item slots was blue item), that was cause of unbalanced gears.
    But you are just thinking your own fun, and ganking.
    No idea where I might have got the impression that you felt twinks weren't particularly good players that just liked to pug stomp unprepared 'new players' and, predominantly, alts.

Your are not doing smthng really hard. i might new at that discussions but this doesnt means that i'm new to mmorpgs. Mud, Uo etc. etc. these things where i started. And i already made my favorite chars level 50. I'm not thinking myself about that xp lock. I'm thinking other players who trying to enjoy and level up at WF's.. But you are just thinking your own fun, and ganking. And that makes us different. not gears..
    See, I would have expected such a seasoned online RPG player (I also played MUDs, zomg, mind = blown?) to have "figured it out", so to speak, with respect to twinking. I could, and according to many other people who have opted to get involved in this discussion, I must be, by virtue of opting to twink instead of playing at 50, a terrible player who couldn't compete. You don't need amazing gear. A new player does not need amazing gear. They just need to put some effort into their gear (and spec), which I don't think is an unreasonable expectation for a competitive game mode in a gear and character progression driven game.

But it seems like you're actually just here to White Knight and, like many others, don't actually know what's going on, because there's been no effort put into figuring it out.

For what it's worth, I have an open offer to provide anyone in the 10-19 bracket on the Wolfsbane server with a kit of gear equivalent to what I put on my rogue in that experiment thread I linked (I wonder if you even looked at it). I can also give them spec, macro, and playstyle advice. That's more than enough to let them compete with twinks, provided they've figured out other PvP basics that apparently elude the modern player.

Amazingly, none of the people crying about twinks and their gear in chat have taken me up on my offer. Curious.
    Last edited by Kyera; 05-29-2012 at 07:02 AM. Reason: Typos, oh God.

Soulwalker

Just wanted to throw it out there, my twink was running around in blue gear with some green pieces at level 34 and doing just fine. There is definitely no need to have epic gear in every slot just need to know your class a bit better and maybe realize some classes are just a little op right now. I think that's where the majority of this cryin comes from. People think it's twink killing Pvp but in reality it's Trion allowing things such as rift storm.

For lining Trion's pocketbook, maybe... hmm... you might be on to something...
    You do realize Trion is basically "privately" funded? We finally reached the point in history where a billionare who loves video games decided to throw his money hat at genuine talent and assemble a studio from the ground up to be the best service possible. That's Trion's broad goal, and for the most part Rift has succeeded in being a quality product. It's the community/generation that's experiencing MMO burnout which has made it so difficult for them to compete with something established like WoW or promising newer products coming out.

Fresh blood really doesn't enter the MMO market anymore, and instead customers just migrate from one game to the other. Twinking was causing players to pack up and leave big time. Smart studios also know how to bring customers back, but bringing fresh ones in is the most difficult task of all which is why I'm always surprised these games don't have better incentives for getting friends to sign up. At the very least, Trion is on schedule for the most part with their plans to bring pvp into Rift but conquest is going to be a make or break it situation imo. Twinking was just the band-aid to give players something to do while it was being developed and now that it's no longer needed, it's wise of Trion to remove the harmful feature.

Trion's got a brand new set of car keys to jingle called Conquest. They've seriously got my hopes up that by patch 2.0 Rift will have a balanced game so long as they learn how to properly reward newer players for participation and allow casual players to be competitive along with grinders.

Sword of Telara

Bacon is like the twink of breakfast.
    Laban Rogue <That Guild>. Bad... good? I'm the guy with the gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrio View Post
    People think it's twink killing Pvp but in reality it's Trion allowing things such as rift storm.
    It's not just brostorm. It's things like Earth Burst, Flame Spear, and Frost Burst hitting for the same damage as any typical mage's nuke with the exception of Pyro. This leads to the problem of good players taking advantage of powerful trees while Trion goes right on preaching about how every tree is useful and there's 1000s of combinations. They disillusion and condition new players into thinking they can casually enter a a warfront to have a good time with ANY build which is dead nuts wrong, and the amount of viable trees continues to shrink with every patch making the situation between the "L2P" and casual community worse. Casual players ruin matches simply because they are playing the way Trion told them to. Same goes for Twinks, and Trion seriously needs to come up with a way to get the community to work together better instead of widening the gap. (PvE weapons being superior to pvp weapons just widened it further)

The ones who are taking advantage of the system, are the ones forcing this change. Trion's solutions have been hit or miss at best. Xp lock was very bad because it magnified the problem, the merc system turned out to be great despite players initial reactions. Now it all comes down to how conquest turns out and if Trion can get gear/classes balanced in time for its launch.
    Last edited by Trisian; 05-29-2012 at 07:26 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast