+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Like Tree43Likes

Thread: Riftstorm needs a major overhaul.

K. Well thanks for posting in this thread instead of doing that.
    Wqrriqr: 207850 Defiants decapitated

Old Videos: PVP1 & PVP2
    0/11 HK 1/1 GW2

Rift Master

The changes to warriors in 1.8 made them so crazy OP to the point it's ridiculous right now.

What exatly trion has done or what they though they were doing has totally backfired, only bad warriors defend their current state in PvP right now end of story.

If trion decides to Nerf warriors or not Nerf i couldn't care less, most people going GW2 soon anyway, let them run around and cut thru people like butter to boost their little egos.

There are very few good warriors in rift PvP left, and i bet very few good warriors are on this forum fighting in this thread to spread their PK crap on other people.

Anyway, there's is no meaning with this thread the harm is already done. If trion nerf warriors again then it probably will be nerfed to much since TRION DON'T KNOW HOW TO DO THINGS RIGHT and history of this game has proven that. And then it will be EVEN MORE QQ, (Warriors and Rogues on this forum are PROs when it comes to QQing).

<3

BB
    Last edited by Swiftspell; 05-10-2012 at 08:28 AM.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Aguni View Post
    Not everyone plays a 44 marksman.

Rift walk

+1

Break free then rift walk

+1

True.
    But what else are you doing besides rift storm?

+1

It's not about an ability by itself, but what occurs along with it.
    +1

Telaran

I don't have a problem with riftstorm or the overall damage a warrior can put out. It's their mobility and resistance to CC that pushes them to OP status. As a cleric there are very limited ways to get away from a warrior. If a warrior sets their eyes on a cleric for the primary target of their riftstorm they can almost guarantee the cleric is going to eat all of it including whatever other damage they are going to be doing while riftstorm is up.

It's the same problem that makes nb/rs OP. There is simply no escape or ability to kite.

Quote Originally Posted by bear_on_the_job View Post
    Rift storm is a buff that gets applied to the warrior, that does AOE damage around the warrior for the duration. It can't be reflected because it has no offensive target. However, you can purge it if you're fast enough.
    squirrel is more effective

I think my quietus shut it down as well, just be sure the storm is already up. Could be mistaken though and somebody else got it.

But warrior being subject to CC is not a one way street, as the targets they are trying to pressure are subject to cc as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Rizaz View Post
    FYI Riftstalker running isn't even pve. .... You might as well call riftstalker running PVE.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Lealora View Post
    I don't have a problem with riftstorm or the overall damage a warrior can put out. It's their mobility and resistance to CC that pushes them to OP status. As a cleric there are very limited ways to get away from a warrior. If a warrior sets their eyes on a cleric for the primary target of their riftstorm they can almost guarantee the cleric is going to eat all of it including whatever other damage they are going to be doing while riftstorm is up.

It's the same problem that makes nb/rs OP. There is simply no escape or ability to kite.
    That ^.

I have a rogue and with rs/** I have absolutely no idea how anyone other than mm (preferbly mm/rs) or the gimmicky mage pyro build with 11 in SC for ride the wind, is supposed to be able to kite me and that it is without even considering that I can stealth up behind them in the first place.

Much the same goes for warrior with leap and planar blade resetting riftwalk/summon.

The melee (Or rather certain souls, some melee souls could actually do with a little help in the mobility department) in this game is ridiculously OP when it comes to mobility/cc breakers.

The notion that people "should learn to kite" my rs/nb or rs/*** is frankly idiotic, if I set my sets on a cleric/mage I will get to them easily, there is nothing they can do (especially cleric), that is simply broken game design.

But as this game looks increasingly like a write-off to to milked until the next Trion game, I wouldn't count on anything much changing, if they can't paper over the cracks (as in the warden nerf, bards needing a total rewrite, etc), then they simply won't bother.
    Last edited by Flimble; 05-10-2012 at 10:42 AM.

Ascendant

Lol. The baddies are still at it. First, we had to deal with kids stating rift storm was ticking for 3k - 4k in pvp. This was countered by Oaf a warrior who had to make a video to show the damage is really around 509 - 600 ish. Now we ranged classes complaining about warrior mobility when it is based on a purgable ability that is high in one soul. Note the complaints about mobility are coming from ranged dos classes with all abilities at 30 - 35 meters. Ranged is akin to mobility. Also, these classes have ranged CC and other abilities to the game even more absurd easy. Lol.

You have rouges, clerics, and mages leading warfronts in damage and yet the nada still complain. If warriors performed even slightly close to rogue sabs the nerf warrior threads would be never ending. Also, warriors can do nothing without a full time healer because the are melee and need to in the thick of things to do damage.

For a long time other classes could essentially ignore warriors in melee range. The damage was so low they were not a threat which is the sign of poorly designed pvp and common sense. The developers have made some strides to fix this issue for the betterment of the game.

I believe that the baddies will not stop complainining until pvp balance takes a step backwards and we again see the warrior class nerf into ineffectiveness. It is not about balance or a certain ability like rift storm. Rather, it is about kids who want to stand in one place, not use abilities for there class, wear pve gear, and kill everything without a challenge.

Sorry baddies. This does not equate to a good game.

Quote Originally Posted by Majorin View Post
    Lol. The baddies are still at it. First, we had to deal with kids stating rift storm was ticking for 3k - 4k in pvp. This was countered by Oaf a warrior who had to make a video to show the damage is really around 509 - 600 ish. Now we ranged classes complaining about warrior mobility when it is based on a purgable ability that is high in one soul. Note the complaints about mobility are coming from ranged dos classes with all abilities at 30 - 35 meters. Ranged is akin to mobility. Also, these classes have ranged CC and other abilities to the game even more absurd easy. Lol.

You have rouges, clerics, and mages leading warfronts in damage and yet the nada still complain. If warriors performed even slightly close to rogue sabs the nerf warrior threads would be never ending. Also, warriors can do nothing without a full time healer because the are melee and need to in the thick of things to do damage.

For a long time other classes could essentially ignore warriors in melee range. The damage was so low they were not a threat which is the sign of poorly designed pvp and common sense. The developers have made some strides to fix this issue for the betterment of the game.

I believe that the baddies will not stop complainining until pvp balance takes a step backwards and we again see the warrior class nerf into ineffectiveness. It is not about balance or a certain ability like rift storm. Rather, it is about kids who want to stand in one place, not use abilities for there class, wear pve gear, and kill everything without a challenge.

Everyone being slaughtered by warriors are just bad players... got it. I guess it's just case closed then. Thanks for clearing that up. I had never even thought of keeping the warrior at range on my INQ and will stop face tanking them. My bad.
    Formerly Scarecrowe... now Skullcluck. I know, I need to L2P, thanks. Save your breath.
    If you want a healer so bad why don't you roll one up?

Quote Originally Posted by Majorin View Post

to bad you have neither the comprehension or analytical skills to do as much and must ride on the word of oaf. And rift storm does deal 3k-4k damage, which is reduced by valor. To say the ability does less than that is inaccurate as people dont innately have max valor. Also you pretty much proved you have no idea how capable warriors are a long time ago, you can drop the charade, we know you are terrible at rift.

FYI Riftstalker running isn't even pve. .... You might as well call riftstalker running PVE.

Plane Touched

Rating hybrid specs in pvp is kind of lame as there is no definitive of what makes a hybrid.

Pyro/dom seems to stick out in my head as it has a lot of dps and additional uses, but I assume most people mean what can heal and dps. Any inquisicar or shamicar is not worth a thing in PVP because *lol* splash heals, subpar burst, and dol really adding very little survivability in spots that matter.

If you're talking about deep justicar builds with some points sprinkled in dps builds for PVP, then you should stop talking.
    Last edited by Harmarofwhitecastle; 05-10-2012 at 01:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Harmarofwhitecastle View Post
    Rating hybrid specs in pvp is kind of lame as there is no definitive of what makes a hybrid.

Pyro/dom seems to stick out in my head as it has a lot of dps and additional uses, but I assume most people mean what can heal and dps. Any inquisicar or shamicar is not worth a thing in PVP because *lol* splash heals, subpar burst, and dol really adding very little survivability in spots that matter.

If you're talking about deep justicar builds with some points sprinkled in dps builds for PVP, then you should stop talking.
    Wrong thread, I'm pretty sure.

Also lol majorin. Buff warrs!
    ~Quiescent

Quote Originally Posted by Harmarofwhitecastle View Post

hybrids would include:

heal / dps : inquiscar , pyro-chloro, cabicar
    tank / heal: senticar, chlorolock (ish), bard/rs
    tank / dps: ragestorm, pre-nerf sweeping strike builds, mm/rs
    heal / utility: chlorodom, maybe a mash cleric build ala Taugrim's build
    dps /utility: pyrodom, rbWarlord (ish)

nb/rs could be considered hybrid, but they do way too much dmg to be anything but dps in my eyes.

anything else?
    Last edited by ShalarLight; 05-10-2012 at 02:22 PM.

Plane Touched

Yeah wrong thread my mistake

It's ok tho because it lead me to stumble upon a Majorin post

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by ShalarLight View Post
    to bad you have neither the comprehension or analytical skills to do as much and must ride on the word of oaf. And rift storm does deal 3k-4k damage, which is reduced by valor. To say the ability does less than that is inaccurate as people dont innately have max valor. Also you pretty much proved you have no idea how capable warriors are a long time ago, you can drop the charade, we know you are terrible at rift.
    Hihi, this post made my day. (SO true).

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax1114 View Post
    Fixed that for you.
    Point is, it's totally within the realm of possibility for a warrior to port into a group of players, pop fork and Stonespear to root them, and then Rift Storm.. BAM. That's some nasty AoE damage right there and with the right spec, the warrior can go straight into more AoE damage (Mighty Blow, for example) while Rift Storm is finishing its damage.
    If you put a point into Fork, you get +1 additional target it can hit for a grand total of 3. Three targets you can hit with Stonespear, not an entire group. And then some of them may not be affected by it since snares share the same DR as other CC. Then there's abilities like Ruthless Pursuit from the Warrior Champion soul that will break the snare, or Break Free if it's up.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanley Pain View Post
    This arguement only works well in a vacuum where all you're using is rift storm. No one is saying that Rift Storm by itself is a game changing ability. It is, however, incredibly powerful when couple with the 1.5k+ damage crits you're inflicting WHILE riftstorm is up. Would you honestly want a NBs living flame to be critting you for 700+ with scourge hitting for 350+ while he's hitting you with 2.2K+ blazing strikes, etc? Nope, didn't think so.
    Riftstorm isn't new. It's been around since day one. We've always been able to attack (once) while it's going off, but up until now it was so underpowered that no one bothered putting points into it.

As for the exaggeration that we can get off some flurry of attacks while Riftstorm is going, it's already been pointed out that we get ONE attack point builder during the duration, and possibly ONE oGCD attack. We have 2 oGCD attacks with an RB/Champ build: one that procs on a dodge/parry, and another that procs on a crit. You're only going to get to use one of those in addition to your attack point builder before Riftstorm is over. Bear in mind, for most R40 Warriors, we're running about 28% crit in full Valor gear, so roughly only 1 in 3 hits will be a crit. Those two attacks alone (if the oGCD procs) are not going to make or break a fight when used in conjuction with Riftstorm.
    Graymane the Reaper
    R40 Guardian Warrior

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast