+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Trion seems to have tossed in the sponge where PVP is concerned.

Default Trion seems to have tossed in the sponge where PVP is concerned.

I think something should have been introduced with 1.8. I don't think there are going to be too many players around in 3 or 4 months waiting for 1.9. You would think with GW2 around the corner, if they wanted to retain what's left of their PVP population, they would at least given it some minimum resources.

I agree. To be honest though, I really don't think they care about the pvper's. I think their main focus is raiders and pver's.
    Pridy Bebe of Mobile Death Squad @Faeblight

DYER the best unofficial Rift forum.

When is gw2 coming out anyway?

Oh.

Oh look another GW2 thread. We haven't had a new one of those in a few hours.
    Even free cost too much now

Quote Originally Posted by Credo View Post
    It is obviously a concern for TRION, as their recent survey names this game specifically in relation to if people will or will not retain their subscription.

Personally, for myself, I am undecided. What is undeniable though, is that this part of the game is neglected. Fair enough, you can take your marbles and go where you like.

I enjoy the classes and gameplay of rift more than gw2. If only we could take our chars and mechanics from rift and put them in the gw2 world.
    Last edited by Baramos; 05-08-2012 at 08:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by spaceboots View Post
    When is gw2 coming out anyway?

Oh.
    I know
    Pridy Bebe of Mobile Death Squad @Faeblight

DYER the best unofficial Rift forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Abraxas79 View Post
    It is obviously a concern for TRION, as their recent survey names this game specifically in relation to if people will or will not retain their subscription.

Personally, for myself, I am undecided. What is undeniable though, is that this part of the game is neglected. Fair enough, you can take your marbles and go where you like.
    I wouldn't say PvP is neglected...
    Even free cost too much now

Quote Originally Posted by Abraxas79 View Post

Trion sent out the survey to assess if there could be something they could do to maintain a reasonable number of subscriptions, nothing more.

They're using the survey to determine if they need to go F2P now or later. That's why they are concerned about GW2.

1.8 was a PvE patch... they said they were adding PvP updates later after ID. They aren't avoiding pvp at the moment they are focused on ID. I don't argue that they are doing something wrong because they have to appeal to their main player base before updating other stuff ie pvp. No one likes waiting .

It's like I was meant to have this sig.

Plane Walker

I couldt give a rats *** about gw2

I am howecer gonna check out secret world, since the beta test starts this weekend.
    No open pvp but 3 factions, warfronts 15,30 and 100 mans + fightclubs is enough for me to take a closer look.

Also no classes. I could not go back to strict classes after rift where you can be whatever you want (almost)
    Can I have your mana?

Default I think you're missing the point

Quote Originally Posted by Credo View Post
    It's not really just "another GW2 thread". It's more accurately just another thread on what a lot of us would like to see Rift do differently in PvP ... with another game promising to actually step up and do it while Trion pretty much ignores us and doesn't do anything of note to fix their broken PvP.

Rift WF's often are decided at the start of the match by imbalances in the levels of the players (how many "matched warfronts" have you played lately?) and what class they are playing (i.e., no healers). While I'm not one of them, lots of people hate the merc system in Rift that has become necessary to keep queue times under control. World PvP in Rift is pretty lame even on PvP servers, and PvP rifts are a total joke.

GW2, on the other hand, plans to have factionless PvP instances, massive open world PvP with actual goals and objectives that can take days to achieve, elimination of healer/tank/dps as separate focused roles, etc etc etc.

I'm fundamentally a sandbox MMO player and there are a lot of things I like about Rift, but I hate raiding mechanics and prefer PvP because it is fundamentally a very dynamic environment. When people bring up GW2 it's not necessarily because people want to talk about GW2 ... it's simply the easiest way to point out the things wrong with Rift PvP that aren't getting addressed by Trion.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimt View Post
    massive open world PvP with actual goals and objectives that can take days to achieve, elimination of healer/tank/dps as separate focused roles, etc etc etc.
    It's instanced. Also you still had tanks and healers and dps at least in the pve bosses and door smashing I did all weekend. Guardians bubbled gates, elementalists and guardians helped heal, dps classes... dps'ed.

It's nothing new, it's just cleverly disguised.
    Last edited by spaceboots; 05-08-2012 at 10:45 AM.

i am still crossing my fingers for 1.9 . Currently raiding IS enough to keep my interesting until then, iD is enough of a challenge to keep us struggling for awhile.

But my HOPE (yes i am holding my breath and blue in the face!) is that 1.9 will be the massive breath of fresh air that PvP needs... NEW CONTENT, not just gear, not just "balance" as the players see it. I am talking *variety* to existing PvP content... something meaningful to do in open world pvp aside from pvp rifts like RvR type objectives, larger AND smaller scale warfronts (5man ones, and more 20 man ones), PRE-made exclusive WFs making actual WF competition more focused. Guild vs Guild scenarios becoming more controlled, literal and fun.

etc etc etc along with the usual QQ balance and QQ more pvp gear stuff.
    *crossing fingers/toes and holding breath*

Byriel - Guardians - The Brethren - DH 4/4 - GP 4/4 - GSB 5/5 - RoS 5/5 - RotP 4/4 - HK 11/11 - iD 1/8
    Weekend HK PuG! http://brethrenrift.enjin.com/forum/...eekend-hk-runs

Batousi, 50 Warrior ~ Bomah, 50 Cleric ~ Kusanagi, 50 Rogue ~ Fuu, LvLing Mage

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast