+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 53
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Can we have some balance?

  1. #1
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    321

    Default Can we have some balance?

    Can we stop pretending that lingering wounds isn't -by far- the best healing debuff in the game? Cant be cleansed from the target, cant be purged from the warrior, and it doesn't have a reduced proc chance on AoE - its above and beyond any of the other heal debuffs in the game. It helps that Champ isn't exactly a ****ty tree either. Every class should have access to something similar, unless Trion just wants the Warriors to be the undisputed stars of PvP.

  2. #2
    Ascendant Violacea's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    12,128

    Default

    Calling with the least heals get the easiest applicable heal debuff. Now if they were OP'd their heal debuff would siphon HP too.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

  3. #3
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    321

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    Calling with the least heals get the easiest applicable heal debuff. Now if they were OP'd their heal debuff would siphon HP too.
    I'm 100% fine with the siphon being modified or even removed from my Rogues heal debuffs - its not like they matter against competent players of equal gear. A competent healer running Karuualerts has anathema off so quickly that sometimes, I don't even SEE the icon appear, and FB/VM can be removed from my target AND purged from my character.

    It's not a slight imbalance - the most effective DPS trains are led by warriors, because once he crits, his target is 50% easier to kill. No other class in the game can do that, and that's not what I call balance.
    Last edited by cygnarite; 05-05-2012 at 10:19 AM.

  4. #4
    Champion
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    522

    Default

    I assume this is a rhetorical question.

  5. #5
    Ascendant Violacea's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    12,128

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cygnarite View Post
    I'm 100% fine with the siphon being modified or even removed from my Rogues heal debuffs - its not like they matter against competent players of equal gear. A competent healer running Karuualerts has anathema off so quickly that sometimes, I don't even SEE the icon appear, and FB/VM can be removed from my target AND purged from my character.

    It's not a slight imbalance - the most effective DPS trains are led by warriors, because once he crits, his target is 50% easier to kill. No other class in the game can do that, and that's not what I call balance.
    The most effective packs are lead by the warrior. Sounds very MMO like.
    Last edited by Violacea; 05-05-2012 at 10:46 AM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

  6. #6
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    321

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    The most effective packs are lead by the warrior. Sounds very MMO like.
    So you're just comfortable with a game where 1 class is clearly superior and more necessary than any other ? Because I'm not, and there's a lot of AAA competition to Rift right around the corner.

  7. #7
    Prophet of Telara Zaiana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,092

    Default

    I would say lingering wounds is hardly gamebreaking or OP in most PuGs due to the general lax attitude towards cleansing VM/FB anyway, plus most warriors aren't smart enough to time forced aoe crits to actually get it up on more then 1 or 2 people. In premades though, or those once-in-a-blue-moon PuGs where the majority of players are good, it's pretty rediculous.
    Last edited by Zaiana; 05-05-2012 at 11:12 AM.
    "If the young are not initiated into the Village, they will burn it down just to feel it's warmth"

  8. #8
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    321

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zaiana View Post
    I would say lingering wounds is hardly gamebreaking or OP in most PuGs due to the general lax attitude towards cleansing VM/FB anyway, plus most warriors aren't smart enough to time forced aoe crits to actually get it up on more then 1 or 2 people. In premades though, it's pretty rediculous.
    I'm not talking about scrubs - people who don't know what their doing don't matter to me in a WF. Its discouraging however to play a class that's clearly inferior to another in any sort of organized game - why bring a .22 when I could have a .50 cal? Kind of why I'm leveling a warrior at the moment; Cant wait to see how ridiculous it is.

  9. #9
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    189

    Default Trion Just Doesn't Care About PVP

    Quote Originally Posted by cygnarite View Post
    So you're just comfortable with a game where 1 class is clearly superior and more necessary than any other ? Because I'm not, and there's a lot of AAA competition to Rift right around the corner.
    I know I have played less than an hour in the last three days.

    Ever since I saw hotfix four including nothing for warriors, the idea of doing another WF makes me feel sick.

    I wish Trion would just stop this purposeful self-sabotage and announce the end of PVP in their game so that us non-warrior pvpers can move on ... because we can all now see they really don't care.

    The most painful part of all of this is that GW2 is still not out yet.

  10. #10
    Rift Chaser Ming's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    313

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zaiana View Post
    I would say lingering wounds is hardly gamebreaking or OP in most PuGs due to the general lax attitude towards cleansing VM/FB anyway, plus most warriors aren't smart enough to time forced aoe crits to actually get it up on more then 1 or 2 people. In premades though, or those once-in-a-blue-moon PuGs where the majority of players are good, it's pretty rediculous.
    So...it may as well be unclean-sable because people wouldn't have the mind to remove it if it were? Flawless logic. Furthermore, my take on your next statement would be warriors aren't bothering not because they aren't smart enough, but rather because it's simply not necessary. Why bother thinking (it hurts afterall) when one can just spam and circle strafe and everything dies. I'm so irritated w Rift PvP in it's current state. I just finally get to R40 and max rank gear and then am made to feel like I'm R1 fighting R8's again.
    Last edited by Ming; 05-05-2012 at 11:30 AM.
    Formerly Scarecrowe... now Skullcluck. I know, I need to L2P, thanks. Save your breath.
    If you want a healer so bad why don't you roll one up?

  11. #11
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    321

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Costs View Post
    I know I have played less than an hour in the last three days.

    Ever since I saw hotfix four including nothing for warriors, the idea of doing another WF makes me feel sick.

    I wish Trion would just stop this purposeful self-sabotage and announce the end of PVP in their game so that us non-warrior pvpers can move on ... because we can all now see they really don't care.

    The most painful part of all of this is that GW2 is still not out yet.
    I'm willing to admit I may be wrong on this (since my War is just lvl 22), but on paper, the numbers are insane. 51champ/15RB (probably not the best spec ever, just something I whipped up off the top of my head) gets something like 300% more damage to their 2h physical melee damage. Combine that with a bunch of off GCD attacks, an unpurgeable buff that gives them an attack point whenever they do a 3 point finisher, the fact that Attack points are on the warrior itself and not the target (unlike rogues, meaning you can finish off 1 person, then unload a finisher on your next target), their super heal debuff, the INSANE base damage I'm seeing on their attacks (again, on paper, i might be wrong about that) and its a no-brainer. Sure, my 51nb/10bd/5rs has better defensives, but this isn't a 1 on 1 game. You stick a healer on the champ, and his effectiveness increases exponentially, compared to my NB with a healer on him.

  12. #12
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    108

    Default

    Warriors currently: http://i56.tinypic.com/7166gw.jpg

    Once having insta killed everyone in melee range, they then jump around the map with CC being useless and having so effective gap closers/range abilities also and then insta killing range too. Rogue nb/rs isn't far behind.
    Last edited by Caution; 05-05-2012 at 11:40 AM.

  13. #13
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    321

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Caution View Post
    Warriors currently: http://i56.tinypic.com/7166gw.jpg

    Once having insta killed everyone in melee range, they then jump around the map with CC being useless and having so effective gap closers insta killing range too. Rogue nb/rs isn't far behind.
    Its actually kind of funny - i hadn't played my rogue (r40, fully geared) in about 2-3 months (I was level a mage), and I decided to jump on him a week ago for a few WF's. I jumped a warrior alone at statue, and was eating him alive - had him down to 30%, and he barely had me down to 80% (didnt seem like he knew what he was doing, he wasn't really trying to keep me in front of him). Then, in 2s, I was down to 10% and scrambling to hit TT. When i asked the warriors in my guild, they basically just said "Yeah, if you don't have Sidesteps or some other good defensive up I could do that to you too, pretty much every time." Then I went and read cornered beast and just laughed.

  14. #14
    Ascendant Misun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    The Sticks
    Posts
    5,802

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zaiana View Post
    I would say lingering wounds is hardly gamebreaking or OP in most PuGs due to the general lax attitude towards cleansing VM/FB anyway
    That would be like saying; why does Canada even manufacture ketchup? Because most Canadians like gravy and cheese on their fries anyway. Guess what? A lot of Canadians like ketchup on their fries instead of that.

    Good healers cleanse, always. I cleanse constantly when I'm on my cleric. I also see my VM cleansed all of the time when I'm on my rogue.

    Lingering wounds should be able to be cleansed.

    Plus, as far as I know, all healing debuffs stack...so why shouldn't they all be able to be cleansed?

  15. #15
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    321

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Misun View Post
    That would be like saying; why does Canada even manufacture ketchup? Because most Canadians like gravy and cheese on their fries anyway. Guess what? A lot of Canadians like ketchup on their fries instead of that.

    Good healers cleanse, always. I cleanse constantly when I'm on my cleric. I also see my VM cleansed all of the time when I'm on my rogue.

    Lingering wounds should be able to be cleansed.

    Plus, as far as I know, all healing debuffs stack...so why shouldn't they all be able to be cleansed?
    I disagree on lingering wounds needing to be cleansed. On my mid rank chloro (not exactly a heal spec cleric, and I haven't been running chloro too long either) I can ignore an awful lot of people and keep myself, and alot of people around me, up until a warrior shows up and crits me. Every class needs an uncleansable heal debuff (and the numbers on all probably have to be toned down a bit - something between 25 - 40%, but that would have to be tested)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts