+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree57Likes

Thread: PvP'ing with Infernal Dawn weapons

Default PvP'ing with Infernal Dawn weapons

Just wondering how you guys feel about this:

http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/462...0504062130.jpg

Look at the Wisdom/Spellpower gain from the epic staff. Also take into account that you won't need to be using hit/focus enchants as the weapon provides this.

Also factor in that in a few days time, Maelforge will open up, and people can then be running around with over 200 spellpower more than the PvP staff.

kthx
    Valery@Zaviel - Mage | Valzz - Cleric | Soulsky - Rogue | Introvert - Warrior
    Everything you need to know for Mage: www.valvalval.net

aux

It sucks when on the receiving end, at least

IMO the effect of Valor should be significantly increased, and large Vengeance bonuses should be added to PvP weapons. Right now there's no way to counter ID gear and that's just no good.

Unless we're going for instagib PvP, then we're almost there.
    I'm so BORED

There's a reason a good chunk of pvpers are fleeing their pvp guilds and joining pve guilds.

It has little to do with enjoying PvE.

In 1.7 with HK and relics being relatively rare (before massive nerfs) and the purples being only slightly better/same (sidegrade trading +valor/end for +hit) pvpers could comfortably pvp with pvp weapons.

In 1.8 with these new amazing purples dropping like candy, most have seen the writing on the wall and are swapping to pve guilds to get geared for ID.

A huge portion of this would be solved by removing/replacing +hit/focus in pvp. Then releasing the tier 4 pvp gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Valnak View Post
    There's a reason a good chunk of pvpers are fleeing their pvp guilds and joining pve guilds.

It has little to do with enjoying PvE.

In 1.7 with HK and relics being relatively rare (before massive nerfs) and the purples being only slightly better/same (sidegrade trading +valor/end for +hit) pvpers could comfortably pvp with pvp weapons.

In 1.8 with these new amazing purples dropping like candy, most have seen the writing on the wall and are swapping to pve guilds to get geared for ID.

A huge portion of this would be solved by removing/replacing +hit/focus in pvp. Then releasing the tier 4 pvp gear.
    Sorry brony but it's not as simple as switching to a pve guild to get these weapons. You won't be geared. Guilds won't want you unless you're Hammerknell geared to the teeth. You can't just step into ID.

The majority of the PvP community will never equip such a weapon. This is bad.
    Valery@Zaviel - Mage | Valzz - Cleric | Soulsky - Rogue | Introvert - Warrior
    Everything you need to know for Mage: www.valvalval.net

Best way to balance this pve eq in pvp issue?

1) Put 40% of possible max valor on weapons (obviously 20/20 for dual wielders)
    2) Put 20/40% on the synergy 2/4 set bonuses for PVP attire
    3) Remaining 20% divvy up b/t ranged, off-hand, rings, etc

This means PVE weapons and armor sets will most likely never show up in PVP as the buff you gain from dmg will simply never justify how much survivability you lose. The remaining 20% divvied up on wands, rings, etc allows a little flexibility for hit/focus without completely nuking valor. Sound reasonable?
    Last edited by Cime; 05-04-2012 at 12:41 AM.
    But at least we can get married now!
    I'll be fishing in Codex...
    Nobodi - R8 Mage Defiant Deepwood
    Somebodi - 19 Rogue Guardian Deepwood (twink wannabe)

Quote Originally Posted by Soul sky View Post
    Sorry brony but it's not as simple as switching to a pve guild to get these weapons. You won't be geared. Guilds won't want you unless you're Hammerknell geared to the teeth. You can't just step into ID.

The majority of the PvP community will never equip such a weapon. This is bad.
    Believe me. I know. However, things are changing. I was in the largest PvP guild on Seastone.

They're now running experts to get geared for t1 raids to get geared for HK to get geared for ID. This is the long term plan, of course. I assume the imbalance between PvE and PvP in PvP will be fixed before then, but you never know.

This isn't even mentioning the other pvp guilds who frequently do things such as RoTP and are, in fact, swapping over to PvE guilds.

I've seen players transferring en masse to other servers where they have GDKP (Seastone Guardian does not, only pugs) in order to get ready for HK/ID.

It will take a while, and probably many ID nerfs, but I think we'll start to see a lot more PvE gear used in PvP until this imbalance is fixed.
    Last edited by Valnak; 05-04-2012 at 12:46 AM.

Whatever, really. They're not even acknowledging that ID epics/craftables being almost 200SP/5dps/130hit/focus higher than the r38 weapons is a problem that they're looking into. Basically, like this thread says, the last of pvp just ALL died from what I'm hearing - the remainder of pvp-ers/premaders (who still pay sub) have stopped pvp-ing and are now pve-ing. Hell, even players like Fafa are doing nothing but raiding ID.

On a related note, it's nice that FireFall pvp queues have been fixed. Slic/Slique probably will not be logging in anymore. I encourage the leftover pvp-ers in rift to simply wait for gw2 and/or try out other games. S**t ain't worth it anymore, not even for the lol-i-2shot-everyone.
    Last edited by Slic; 05-04-2012 at 03:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Soul sky View Post
    Just wondering how you guys feel about this:

http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/462...0504062130.jpg

Look at the Wisdom/Spellpower gain from the epic staff. Also take into account that you won't need to be using hit/focus enchants as the weapon provides this.

Also factor in that in a few days time, Maelforge will open up, and people can then be running around with over 200 spellpower more than the PvP staff.

kthx
    stop your QQ your PvP patch will come soon enough. But until then I shall enjoy feasting upon all your Favor from the kills I get with my ID gear
    Last edited by Gnostica; 05-04-2012 at 03:11 AM.

Plane Walker

I think releasing ID and it's upgraded gear without releasing PvP counterparts was poor planning. I think the balance for using PvE gear in PvP is fairly decent at the moment (within the same tier), but not even having the next tier available in PvP progression leaves those who only PvP at a serious disadvantage.

As Soul Sky posted, the odds of a non-raider getting geared from ID by switching guilds is not that good. The plain fact of the matter is that right now, those of us who PvP who are also fairly enthusiastic PvE'ers have a clear advantage, and they (Trion) should have really worked to make sure that didn't happen.
    Last edited by RavingLunatic; 05-04-2012 at 03:24 AM.
    ~ Cameela ~
    50 Rogue - Rank 40
    Officer of <Dark Horizon>
    GP 4/4 - DH 4/4 - GSB 5/5 - RoS 4/4 - RotP 4/4 - HK 11/11 - ID 4/8
    Byriel

My personal experience (at R40) thus far is even though I'm seeing more and more people with ID weapons, typically the people who have them aren't real PVPers. They still back pedal and keyboard turn, and the rest of their gear is either PVE or lower ranked PVP gear. I'm sure they exist, but I haven't yet run into a fully R40 person with an ID weapon. So really all this has meant to me, so far, is that some random players may have a bit more of a bite to them, but are by no means changing the balance of things, yet.

I think as long as Trion gets a new PVP tier out before ID stuff becomes super common that we'll be fine.
    Infy <Transience> of Threesprings
    I PVP with 1 button.
    Potato.

Quote Originally Posted by psionicalpha View Post

I think as long as Trion gets a new PVP tier out before ID stuff becomes super common that we'll be fine.
    It will be out after they become common I bet because it's their intention to have the pvers gear first through pve.

Telaran

Trion can't release the new tier of pvp gear. It would only lead to people dropping like flies. Imagine everyone with the kind of gear increase comparable to the new ID stuff. Not good if you want to live more than a few globles. Trion probably saw this and decided not to unleash the quagmire.

The real question is does Trion have any ideas on how to fix it?

Quote Originally Posted by Lealora View Post
    Trion can't release the new tier of pvp gear. It would only lead to people dropping like flies. Imagine everyone with the kind of gear increase comparable to the new ID stuff. Not good if you want to live more than a few globles. Trion probably saw this and decided not to unleash the quagmire.

The real question is does Trion have any ideas on how to fix it?
    The fact they are waiting to release is funny because it shows they acknowledge that the gears are to powerful in their opposite pve or pvp. Also the vengeance they added previously shows they know this.

What is amusing and ****ing sad is to think that since they have obviously recognized the problem for months now, have out right failed to fix it, and have simply resorted to again allowing pve to progress beyond pvp.

I last 2 seconds in pvp once anyone focuses me, and I hate it even more when it is just some raider derping through WFs in between his guild's nightly circle jerks.

It's just another kick in the nuts from developers that openly don't pvp.
    Last edited by spaceboots; 05-04-2012 at 05:54 AM.

Ascendant

Is it really that big of a deal? How big is that upgrade over the Aky relics that have been out for months now?

Even this gain is 118 SP for 82 Valor, 16 SC and 14 Endurance. It's not game breaking.
    Hitme (W) - Byriel - Dark Horizon
    Darane (C) - Faeblight - Knights of Septoria

Quote Originally Posted by mattya802 View Post
    Is it really that big of a deal? How big is that upgrade over the Aky relics that have been out for months now?

Even this gain is 118 SP for 82 Valor, 16 SC and 14 Endurance. It's not game breaking.
    We don't like Aky relics either.....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast