+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Comment on WF that make my day

Default Comment on WF that make my day

That cleric make my day a little bit better , i never thing i ever will see things like that cleric complaining about heal

http://marcze.vot.pl/hmm.jpg
    Last edited by KLOC; 05-03-2012 at 04:15 AM.

-= Gazamin =-

Plane Walker

Relax, clerics are on strike. Id be too if I had a cleric.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakedog View Post
    They shouldn't be. Clerics are perfectly fine in both healing and dps.

Healing in rift is just a frustrating experience, even at rank 40. The healing nerfs have only piled it on. Personally, I never start as my healing role in rift anymore unless I see my team working together as a group. Otherwhise, once your marked as a healer by the opposing team your screwed. Without backup you have no prayer of survivability against another good player from the silence/stun/fear chain that just locks you down, not to mention focus fire. Warden used to be a good counter to this as you could still have your HOTs rolling while you were locked down. Now our options are more limited. In reality, its just easier to be another anonymous DPS so you can at least get kills.
    Last edited by Swisha387; 05-03-2012 at 03:59 PM.

Until today, I hadn't joined a warfront since 1.8 came out because of the issues I had with the changes they made to Warden in PVP. I decided to queue today for Port Scion since I wanted to get that daily XP in again.

Yeah, sorry but the healing effectiveness that was changed was not bad at all. Sure, a little less outgoing healing for my HoTs but if you're not an awful healer, you'll still keep people alive as well as yourself.

http://riftnerd.com/ss/2012-05-03_174754.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by KLOC View Post
    That cleric make my day a little bit better , i never thing i ever will see things like that cleric complaining about heal

A good player is a team player and is willing to take up the slack if there is any.

I never dps on my cleric because it seems as though there's never enough healing to go around *shrug*

Quote Originally Posted by Misun View Post
    A good player is a team player and is willing to take up the slack if there is any.

I never dps on my cleric because it seems as though there's never enough healing to go around *shrug*
    Exactly if there are less heals in the WF, as a cleric it is our job to step it up and heal the team. I know I do it all the time even when it pisses me off LOL.
    Last edited by Oblivion333; 05-03-2012 at 05:40 PM.

Covergirl Diamond
    <-Prophecy->
    Back in Action
    RIP Junlar the Great Cleric. I will cherish our friendship and bond for all eternity.

Quote Originally Posted by Oblivion333 View Post
    Exactly if there are less heals in the WF, as a cleric it is our job to step it up and heal the team. I know I do it all the time even when it pisses me off LOL.
    I know, I've seen you heal many times and you're great at it too. You're also awesome as dps as well.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Riane View Post
    Until today, I hadn't joined a warfront since 1.8 came out because of the issues I had with the changes they made to Warden in PVP. I decided to queue today for Port Scion since I wanted to get that daily XP in again.

Yeah, sorry but the healing effectiveness that was changed was not bad at all. Sure, a little less outgoing healing for my HoTs but if you're not an awful healer, you'll still keep people alive as well as yourself.

http://riftnerd.com/ss/2012-05-03_174754.jpg
    LOL ... what you hope we don't notice is how little comparative damage you took relative to others in both teams (as low as 1/3 the highest damage taken).

Now, if you have a rep of being a good healer, you WILL be marked one and you WILL have the highest damage taken. All I see here is another example that healers are ONLY good if they don't take the brunt of the dps/focus fire, AND have far superior dps on their side (which was the case by the stats we can all see). 90% of the time is not the case at all.
    Last edited by Costs; 05-03-2012 at 08:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Costs View Post
    LOL ... what you hope we don't notice is how little comparative damage you took relative to others in both teams (as low as 1/3 the highest damage taken).

Now, if you have a rep of being a good healer, you WILL be marked one and you WILL have the highest damage taken. All I see here is another example that healers are ONLY good if they don't take the brunt of the dps/focus fire, AND have far superior dps on their side (which was the case by the stats we can all see). 90% of the time is not the case at all.
    If I really wanted to, as you put it, "hope we don't notice" then I would have gone above and beyond and censored the image. I didn't and do you want to know why? It's because I don't play stupid. I know how to kite, utilize line of sight and not run into huge packs of people. THAT is why I took comparatively less damage. I know how much less damage I took and how little I died. I'm not bad.

You can make up other random excuses all you want but the fact of the matter: If you're a good player, you can play any class well irregardless of any changes (good or bad) that are done.

Edit: PS - Did you see the cleric that took only ~3k more damage than I did but died 8 more times? Oh right...
    Last edited by Riane; 05-03-2012 at 09:02 PM.

Refusing to heal is one thing. Refusing to heal and then complaining about a lack of healing is something else entirely.

Healing specced Clerics still decide the outcome of warfronts. 1.8 did not change that.

Being a Cleric and speccing DPS still doesn't stop them from getting marked either, that happens because they have a green name and could be a healer.

It's their 15 bucks, and I'd never tell them how to play, but if a warfront has no healers because all the Clerics are in DPS specs then expect to probably lose.

Rift Disciple

Amen. I know I am.

I only go heals right now when we have a good chance (team oriented players), or it would be such a farmfest against us it's the only merciful thing I can do for the low ranked members of my raid.

Quote Originally Posted by KLOC View Post

That is why even though I am a full time dps cleric I tend to keep my mouth shut if there happens to be a lack of heals.
    MMO VAULT (Video Game Music) ➜ https://www.youtube.com/c/VideoGameMusicSoundtrack

Quote Originally Posted by Baramos View Post
    That is why even though I am a full time dps cleric I tend to keep my mouth shut if there happens to be a lack of heals.
    NO heals for jooo! Please heal me when Puzzlebox attacks me, I think he has a crush on me because everytime I see him he is on me like wine on rice

Covergirl Diamond
    <-Prophecy->
    Back in Action
    RIP Junlar the Great Cleric. I will cherish our friendship and bond for all eternity.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast