+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Why so many level 10-12 twinks, and why are they so OP? Bolster issue?

Default Why so many level 10-12 twinks, and why are they so OP? Bolster issue?

Trion, please explain why so many folks are experience locking and twinking out in the 10-19 bracket - stopping at level 12.

My perception is this: They're getting bolstered, and not just their level base, but ALL their gear's stats. It's the only explanation I can see for there to be SO many folks, in heavily twinked gear, stopping their toons' level progression at 12. There are an inordinate amount of level 10-12's in every single warfront.

My toon is 19, and pretty heavily twinked. And those 12's are often nearly impossible to hit. They dodge probably 80-90% of the time, most of my shots miss, etc. That's with my gear - I can only imagine being a new player in basic noob gear, who has zero chance. Please, explain how that's fair, and how that's a good perception for new players to gain of PvP in Rift? I'm all for having a little fun being a twinked player, if you have the means to do so. This issue is beyond that.

Please, for the sake of the game's future population health... for good word of mouth, for good new player experiences... please look into bolster in the lower brackets. Please do something about this un-fun situation.

If bolstering isn't the issue, then please, examine what the issue is and do something about it.
    Huzzah - Rogue -=- Rhowyn - Cleric
    Head Wench of <Shiny> Defiant, Wolfsbane
    (Formerly <Serenity> of Sunrest, may the shard rest in peace)

Ascendant

Bolstered and Valor scaling.

Though hopefully the valor thing stops now that you (hopefully) can't get the Noble Guard runes that have 25 valor.

Just goes to show you that twinks are in it to roll newbs in any way they possibly can and not the altruistic "challenge" they claim.

Obviously because people xp cap themselves so that they can have challenge doing the quests in the zones before they outlevel them.

...oh wait.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Sariina View Post
    Bolstered and Valor scaling.
    Though hopefully the valor thing stops now that you (hopefully) can't get the Noble Guard runes that have 25 valor.
    Why wouldn't you?

The only thing they 'fixed' was Level 50 Planar Attunement Enchants on sub-50 Weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhrawn View Post
    Why wouldn't you?

The only thing they 'fixed' was Level 50 Planar Attunement Enchants on sub-50 Weapons.
    Several faction runes now have level requirements that didn't before (Scarwood, Droughtlands, Moonshade were ones I checked for fun), though they don't fall off existing items. I haven't checked Noble Guard but I'd assume they ate it too.

fwiw, one of the big reasons is whetstone scaling.
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

Ascendant

Why wouldn't you?

and "many runes" now have a level 50 requirement... which I assume meant the PVP vendor ones that require the level 50 PVP instance rep, but I haven't been able to log in to confirm yet.

Champion

and "many runes" now have a level 50 requirement... which I assume meant the PVP vendor ones that require the level 50 PVP instance rep, but I haven't been able to log in to confirm yet.
    I already know this... I'm the one that started the recent thread about the Notoriety items.

And yes they did fix the Scion Rune, but items with it on STILL have it on. I wish the devs had a freaking brain! They just don't get it... /sigh

... and I have this enchant on my twink helm.
    Last edited by Bhrawn; 05-02-2012 at 12:17 PM.

Ascendant

... and I have this enchant on my twink helm.
    You forgot to add . . . "so that I can roll newbs with them unable to defend themselves"

Champion

You forgot to add . . . "so that I can roll newbs with them unable to defend themselves"
    Nope.. anyone could put it on that had scion rep and give the item to any twink.

I'm all for having them REMOVE these items because they are now enchanted with an item that has been given an item level. Noone will be able to use these in the future and they should remove all the past items on top of fixing the rune.

Make the rune impose its own level requirement upon the item it is applied to.

An elegant solution.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Huzzah View Post
    My toon is 19, and pretty heavily twinked. And those 12's are often nearly impossible to hit.
    A twink complaining about other twinks....

Priceless.

I'm sorry, but I truly don't believe the issue is runes. I fully believe it's something to do with bolster. Runes don't explain the plethora of folks that stopped their toons at 10-12.

Quote Originally Posted by Glamour View Post
    A twink complaining about other twinks....

Priceless.
    Your reading comprehension could use some work. I'm not complaining about twinks. I'm complaining about bolster working in a fashion in which it should not, and folks exploiting it.
    Last edited by Huzzah; 05-02-2012 at 02:00 PM.

The dex to dodge conversion is better the lower the character as an example.

A lvl one twinked for example flies past the 40% dodge cap with dex to spare.
    While your character does get stronger from 12 to 19, a lot of items used in that bracket are event items which both lvl 12's and lvl 19's can use. The lvl 12 gets more benefit from some things.
    Last edited by Anuhart; 05-02-2012 at 02:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by View Post
    You obviously know nothing about Laethys, have you tried him?
    I don't log in anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyera View Post
    fwiw, one of the big reasons is whetstone scaling.
    Just gonna quote myself again here. Anuhart covered the other big reason (Dex returns).

Also, Sariina's mad.
    Last edited by Kyera; 05-02-2012 at 04:19 PM.
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast