+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Please Trion... we are bored

Rift Chaser

Default Please Trion... we are bored

I have to say... I'm getting pretty bored with this game. I've been P40 forever now, and I don't pve. WFs are only so enjoyable, and only if you enjoy fighting in completely lopsided battles. Every WF match has one side demolishing the other... there is never a close match nowadays. World pvp is similarly boring. I go out to do the dailies (only because its pretty much the only place to find world pvp) and I struggle to find any good fights. The only fights I do find are vs P10 people or vs 4 rogues that jump me at the same time. Don't get me wrong, I love trying to fight off those rogues (Tricsy, Nextros, Phalcun, Viperfang just to name a few) but thats about it for world pvp. It's all quite stale and boring.

Trion, we need something to do in pvp in this game. As the community has been telling you for months now, you are kinda on a deadline... I hope you come through with something great.
    "On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero."

Rhetoricx (someone stole my name on Seastone)
    <Unreal>
    I wish Rift had PVP in it...

I like this "we". I'm perfectly content at the moment, thanks.

Just be patient they said they were releasing more pvp content after ID.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by LOveRH View Post
    I like this "we". I'm perfectly content at the moment, thanks.

Just be patient they said they were releasing more pvp content after ID.
    Perfectly content!?! LOLs, all I do is twink because PvP at 50 is horrible and this game has no PvP content other than the same 5 WF's. As far as patience, the only thing I'm waiting for is GW2. Enjoy whatever carrot they dangle out there but my suggestion is learn to love raiding because after this summer there will be no PvP in Rift.

Its ok war zones and server vs server siege battles may be on the way...
    I want to see the light leave your eyes
    Feeling your breath on my lips one last time
    I want to see the light leave your eyes.
    Feeling your breath for the last time.
    God rest your soul is mine....

Quote Originally Posted by utterchaos View Post
    Its ok war zones and server vs server siege battles may be on the way...
    This will certainly help the game considerably, if they implement it. But after playing GW2 beta weekend, and doing WvW all day for 3 days...it's going to be very hard to compete. I don't think Trion has the time or resources to develop anything competitive with that.

And even if Trion did create something to match that WvW system (3-server competition, keeps, and siege weapons), they are still tied to classes following the trinity system. Don't get me wrong, the soul system in Rift is fantastic, and I love the customization capabilities here. But GW2's core class mechanics are really what made the game for me. Being able to work cooperatively with teammates in WvW, but not relying on other players for crucial abilities like healing and DPS...that's the way forward for MMO's in my opinion.
    Cayleb - P50 Warrior [@Seastone]
    EX - <Exalted>
    EX - <Tempest Wolves>
    EX - @Dayblind

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by bear_on_the_job View Post
    This will certainly help the game considerably, if they implement it. But after playing GW2 beta weekend, and doing WvW all day for 3 days...it's going to be very hard to compete. I don't think Trion has the time or resources to develop anything competitive with that.

And even if Trion did create something to match that WvW system (3-server competition, keeps, and siege weapons), they are still tied to classes following the trinity system. Don't get me wrong, the soul system in Rift is fantastic, and I love the customization capabilities here. But GW2's core class mechanics are really what made the game for me. Being able to work cooperatively with teammates in WvW, but not relying on other players for crucial abilities le healing and DPS...that's the way forward for MMO's in my opinion.
    I actually think that implemented properly with the care and attention to detail arenanet showed, that this game could be just as awesome for WvW if not more so. The soul system is arguably the best in any MMO out there but it has its own set of problems. Namely balance. However I think with proper application of pre gearing and buffing hp appropriately, then a WvsW style area in Rift would be great. Here is the problem as I see it.

1.) Size. WvsW and RVR before it in DAOC worked so well because the maps are huge and many. Having a single map would make it a huge chaotic zerg fest.
    2.) You can't have the current gear disparity that exists now. GW 2 WvsW works cause its a closed system. There is no tier progression. So in order for Rift to make it work they would need to give everyone a template of gear like what GW2 does in structured pvp.
    3.) Burst and AOE is silly in this game, which would make seige warfare silly. HP would need to be buffed somewhat.
    4.) The biggest problem I see is that you can do all the above without to much problem except the gear templating poses a HUGE issue due to the complexity of the soul system. GW2 there is a certain level of homogenization so aside from your weapon. the gear is the gear. However in Rift if you are a cleric the template system would have to give you a dps set, a healing set and a tank set.
    5.) Server tech probably can't handle 3 factions. I think Rifts best route is to do server vs server or redvsblue inside 1 wargroup with 3 maps (one for each color then a central map). Thats still alot of investment of resources. While I think Trion may seriously look at GW2, I doubt they can realistically make it work well unless its in an expansion. It would require a good amount of time and money to do it RIGHT.
    Last edited by Khelendross; 05-02-2012 at 05:58 PM.
    Planar Breach Support Open World PVP and PVE!
    Sourcewell and PVP Rift Objective Based PVP A more resource efficient way of adding Open World Objective based PVP!
    Ember Isle Open World Style PVP Repurposing Lets do something with this amazing zone!

I would even take some form of communication. I feel like we are the little dirty family secret that lives in the basement and atm we don't even get thrown scraps.

Just wish they would Man up!

Abandon Ship! Twinking is amusing for like 2 hours. Then this game has nothing...

Guildwarstwo@Faeblight - Rogue
    Aesthetic@Faeblight - Mage
    Toms@Faeblight - Rogue
    Solemnity@Faeblight - Cleric
    Skill@Faeblight - Warrior

Rift Disciple

I just came back for 1.8 am sort of feeling I wasted my monthly sub money ....unimpressed PvP wise.

did 38 to 40 in a night and no real reward waiting......now nothing to pvp for. I mean nothing.....and being I only PvP what is the use in subing til 1.9 3 to 4 months down the road?
    Last edited by Horcrux; 05-02-2012 at 11:36 PM.

Everyone waiting on the PvP to get better here is going to be very disappointed, in a year the only "content" released for PvP was an increase in max rank (6-8) and escalation WF's....they haven't even given us one new map, the only thing you will see is another grind cap increase with new gear.
    it is not enough these days to question authority, you gotta speak with it too

If only there was a game out there for you bored players that would release large, sometimes X-pac sized updates in other games, patches roughly every 6-8 weeks...

wait, what, there is?

Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    If only there was a game out there for you bored players that would release large, sometimes X-pac sized updates in other games, patches roughly every 6-8 weeks...

wait, what, there is?
    Yeah they release tons of new PvE content on a regular basis and kudos to them for that, but this thread is about PvP so thanks for stopping by and adding your two cents, I'm sure no one here cared for it.
    it is not enough these days to question authority, you gotta speak with it too

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Voidmind View Post
    Yeah they release tons of new PvE content on a regular basis and kudos to them for that, but this thread is about PvP so thanks for stopping by and adding your two cents, I'm sure no one here cared for it.
    i will buy guildwars2 ONLY to flame in the forum why there is so less PvE content ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Voidmind View Post
    this thread is about PvP so thanks for stopping by and adding your two cents
    Here, have another two cents, always glad to help you keep the boxes of tissues topped up

Seeing as Pee Vee Pee is entirely player driven it's up to you and the other pros to be generating your own content, Warfronts are just a backdrop anyhow for most of the people that say they like to "PvP", i.e zerg on the bridge, in the middle of the map, ignore all such nonsense like objectives, defend the flags, cap the flags, run the flags, right ?

Turn up at zone events flagged, stand in awesomesauce Mage and Clerics "i top the meters with my pew pew AoE" Pee Vee Eee'ers, heck go play defend the fort amongst the villages in Stillmore...the content and entire zones are out there for you to make up your own battles

Ascendant

people play PVP as long as they on the winning side. At the moment they lose, their interest to ingame PVP is lost and they start their Forum PVP Crusade.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast