+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 16 to 29 of 29
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Please Trion... we are bored

  1. #16
    Plane Touched Kakaru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    205

    Default

    http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...team-duel.html

    Please support my "We Want Arena: Dedicated Team Duel" thread.
    plss........





  2. #17
    Plane Touched Weakest's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    202

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    Here, have another two cents, always glad to help you keep the boxes of tissues topped up

    Seeing as Pee Vee Pee is entirely player driven it's up to you and the other pros to be generating your own content, Warfronts are just a backdrop anyhow for most of the people that say they like to "PvP", i.e zerg on the bridge, in the middle of the map, ignore all such nonsense like objectives, defend the flags, cap the flags, run the flags, right ?

    Turn up at zone events flagged, stand in awesomesauce Mage and Clerics "i top the meters with my pew pew AoE" Pee Vee Eee'ers, heck go play defend the fort amongst the villages in Stillmore...the content and entire zones are out there for you to make up your own battles
    The type of people that flock to these atrocious gear based games won't come out and play. Why? Because there is no reward. Your new generation gamer who sticks to these ridiculous gear mudflation games are only motivated by watching numbers on character sheets go up. They don't look for fun in the traditional sense of playing a game, enjoying competition, finding out new things... and so forth. They want to play Excel Spreadsheet Simulator Online MMO (With 10 other people in a close restricted zone)

    So saying just go out and make it happen won't cut it. Now I used to enjoy this game. But the same war fronts over and over got stale fast. Open World is not as dynamic as it should be because nothing changes there too. It is almost like an instance without the restrictions. But that doesn't even matter because no one will even do open world since there is non incentive for the Spreadsheet players.

    This game is sinking for its PvP playerbase. Its pretty obvious considering i see the same people day in and day out in the war fronts. No new players are coming in and all you have left are the people who are die hard Rifters who will stay and the people bored and wanting to fill time till the next thing comes along.

    That said it is pretty stupid to sit around and wait till Trion adds new PvP Content that is truly different. The only thing that is coming is a gear cap increase. Wow how fun. New interesting PvP content is not coming folks. PvPers in this game are a small minority and a percentage of them will be completely happy with more rows added to the spreadsheet as its easy to do to copy and paste some gear skins, add numbers and call it a day. That is all you should ever expect from Trion in the future.
    Last edited by Weakest; 05-03-2012 at 09:49 AM.

    Guildwarstwo@Faeblight - Rogue
    Aesthetic@Faeblight - Mage
    Toms@Faeblight - Rogue
    Solemnity@Faeblight - Cleric
    Skill@Faeblight - Warrior

  3. #18
    Rift Chaser Voidmind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    351

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    Here, have another two cents, always glad to help you keep the boxes of tissues topped up

    Seeing as Pee Vee Pee is entirely player driven it's up to you and the other pros to be generating your own content, Warfronts are just a backdrop anyhow for most of the people that say they like to "PvP", i.e zerg on the bridge, in the middle of the map, ignore all such nonsense like objectives, defend the flags, cap the flags, run the flags, right ?

    Turn up at zone events flagged, stand in awesomesauce Mage and Clerics "i top the meters with my pew pew AoE" Pee Vee Eee'ers, heck go play defend the fort amongst the villages in Stillmore...the content and entire zones are out there for you to make up your own battles
    These are all new and interesting ideas, you might be on to something that no one has been doing since the release of this game. You sir, are a revolutionary. World PvP offers little to no reward, if this game still a year after release only had GSB to offer in PvE you all would have quit a very long time ago. Your argument has nothing to offer the PvP community.
    it is not enough these days to question authority, you gotta speak with it too

  4. #19
    Ascendant Misun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    The Sticks
    Posts
    5,802

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    Here, have another two cents, always glad to help you keep the boxes of tissues topped up

    Seeing as Pee Vee Pee is entirely player driven it's up to you and the other pros to be generating your own content, Warfronts are just a backdrop anyhow for most of the people that say they like to "PvP", i.e zerg on the bridge, in the middle of the map, ignore all such nonsense like objectives, defend the flags, cap the flags, run the flags, right ?

    Turn up at zone events flagged, stand in awesomesauce Mage and Clerics "i top the meters with my pew pew AoE" Pee Vee Eee'ers, heck go play defend the fort amongst the villages in Stillmore...the content and entire zones are out there for you to make up your own battles
    You don't pvp at all in this game, do you?

  5. #20
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    451

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    Here, have another two cents, always glad to help you keep the boxes of tissues topped up

    Seeing as Pee Vee Pee is entirely player driven it's up to you and the other pros to be generating your own content, Warfronts are just a backdrop anyhow for most of the people that say they like to "PvP", i.e zerg on the bridge, in the middle of the map, ignore all such nonsense like objectives, defend the flags, cap the flags, run the flags, right ?

    Turn up at zone events flagged, stand in awesomesauce Mage and Clerics "i top the meters with my pew pew AoE" Pee Vee Eee'ers, heck go play defend the fort amongst the villages in Stillmore...the content and entire zones are out there for you to make up your own battles
    Ive been playing since launch and ive never in my life captured a Port Scion Bridge Point til this month, I prolly picked up less then 5 runes in Library since its been out. The last time i picked up the stone in BG was for my achivements.

    I think i must be bad........


    Oh and ive played defend Stillmore, Even killed facelessman a few times while camping Defiant. Think i got a few silver and some exp from the hours spent doing that, man was that exciting.........

    Oh and that last PVP event in preparation for 1.8 where u had to kill the oposing factions leader in Droughtlands. I Solo'd Asha on necro, with not a Defiant in sight. I think i have done my fair share of "generating my own content" Now can i have my cookies?
    Ill be singing this song for my chloro til i get buffedhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JwHA495iHU
    I Xbox Controller Turn, Keyboard turners cant see me son. I Hadouken my rotations.

  6. #21
    Plane Touched Polyteknix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    257

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Voidmind View Post
    World PvP offers little to no reward, if this game still a year after release only had GSB to offer in PvE you all would have quit a very long time ago. Your argument has nothing to offer the PvP community.
    That is the problem with PVP in Rift in general. People playing PVP for "reward". Sucessful PVP games have always been about the challenge, and maybe the achievement recognition. NOT about gettting rewards to give you an advantage over content.

    That is the entire purpose of PVE. You gain rewards to assist in overcoming content that would be "potentially" unbeatable otherwise because of how the game mechanics and math work.

    PVP gets broken once you start monkeying around with that. Skill gets minimized in the face of gear and content.

    Rift should be able to provide a new playground (map) every once in a while to sustain PVP; but it doesn't work like that.

    IF I "REALLY" want the challenge of competing against another human; I go play Starcraft 2 or something. Because I know they're never gonna win because they have some special unit or ability I don't. If my opponent wins, It's because they outplayed me. The only "reward" I get is my Wins collumn.

    PVP is about success on an even playing field; PVE is about advancement and progressing beyond the rest of the field... Water and Oil; both deserve to exist, and serve their purpose, but they don't mix well.

  7. #22
    Ascendant Credo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    4,172

    Default

    I'm not bored, but I am fed up with Warriors.
    Even free cost too much now

  8. #23
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    164

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Polyteknix View Post
    Sucessful PVP games have always been about the challenge, and maybe the achievement recognition. NOT about gettting rewards to give you an advantage over content.

    .
    what SUCCESSFUL pvp games? Yeah give everyone the same gear and no way to get better gear...See how many people play.

  9. #24
    Ascendant Pixel Monkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    3,231

    Default

    you guys seem to be forgetting this was released as a pve game with a pvp afterthought
    who took my names!

  10. #25
    Ascendant Kyera's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    5,402

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Horcrux View Post
    what SUCCESSFUL pvp games? Yeah give everyone the same gear and no way to get better gear...See how many people play.
    DAoC? Had progression (in the form of RAs), but the pace wasn't exactly zippy, people came out "for the realm" (trolo).
    Last edited by Kyera; 05-05-2012 at 07:19 PM.
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

  11. #26
    Ascendant Misun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    The Sticks
    Posts
    5,802

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Monkey View Post
    you guys seem to be forgetting this was released as a pve game with a pvp afterthought
    No. Way before launch, they hyped the pvp aspect of the game just as much as the pvp aspect.

    In fact, one of the developers made a strong emphasis on pvp and also said "I think the hardcore pvper's are going to love rift"

    Every class video they showed before launch included the pvp soul and abilities.

    The game was pushed as a war between guardians and defiants. etc.

    Go look at the developer diaries on youtube and for that matter, go look at the videos on Trions homepage.

    PVP was hyped very much.

  12. #27
    Champion Synergis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    515

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Polyteknix View Post
    That is the problem with PVP in Rift in general. People playing PVP for "reward". Sucessful PVP games have always been about the challenge, and maybe the achievement recognition. NOT about gettting rewards to give you an advantage over content.

    That is the entire purpose of PVE. You gain rewards to assist in overcoming content that would be "potentially" unbeatable otherwise because of how the game mechanics and math work.

    PVP gets broken once you start monkeying around with that. Skill gets minimized in the face of gear and content.

    Rift should be able to provide a new playground (map) every once in a while to sustain PVP; but it doesn't work like that.

    IF I "REALLY" want the challenge of competing against another human; I go play Starcraft 2 or something. Because I know they're never gonna win because they have some special unit or ability I don't. If my opponent wins, It's because they outplayed me. The only "reward" I get is my Wins collumn.

    PVP is about success on an even playing field; PVE is about advancement and progressing beyond the rest of the field... Water and Oil; both deserve to exist, and serve their purpose, but they don't mix well.
    Well said

    /10char

    GSB Conq/ROS Conq/HK Conq/ID Conq
    4/4 TotDQ
    4/4 FT
    2/5 EE
    <The Chosen>

  13. #28
    Prophet of Telara
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,079

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Monkey View Post
    you guys seem to be forgetting this was released as a pve game with a pvp afterthought
    PvP souls...

  14. #29
    Prophet of Telara
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,177

    Default

    So many PvPers have quit this game that the PvP forums are populated largely by PvE players who don't have any idea about the history of comments made by Trion devs regarding PvP or what makes PvP successful in an MMO, but they will act like they are an authority on the topic.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts