+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree56Likes

Thread: Physical damage attacks

Ascendant

Default Physical damage attacks

Seems warriors are hitting for 1-2k with physical damage attacks. Can rogues get their pvp physical damage fixed now? My deadeye shot barely hits for 1-2k and has a cast time. Thanks.

Yes, rapid fire shot is the only one that hits fine. Other physical damage attacks and finishers do not.
    The first issue I would like feedback on is the Power Regeneration. I have tweaked it to a point but I need feedback on it from actual players (You guys) in a real world environment to fine tune it. The value is not final and will likely need to be changed. The goal is to minimize the use and need for Tablets and make players who do not use them more viable without completely removing the use of the Tablets in game

"Barely" 1-2k? That's a wide range for barely. Also, you're really complaining about a MM finisher. Really. Let's count the goodies you guys get in a full physical damage spec. Eradicate, siphon, infinite kiting capabilities, an interrupt that DOUBLES as a silence, a "hurt enemy if they try to chase you", 35m range, and Strafe, which hits insanely hard on crits. Warriors in a full physical damage spec get LW, one gap closer, one guaranteed crit on a 30s CD (which is bugged, AoEs not critting), and a snare. Oh yes, and they have to be in melee range. So if your finishers hit for slightly less then a warrior I think that's fair.

Sorry fo the rant, but MMs are one of the most powerful souls in the game if played well. Fourtunately, there are alot of bad ones.
    Piras@Faeblight
    Elsing@Faeblight
    <Celestial Might> [Retired: Hartzekarr and Greogard]
    My CD is now available for purchase here: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/opus-1/id580677269

I have a mm rogue and I'm the most terrible rogue ever. Sure I die a lot, but to say that mm have damage issues is false.

However, I'm usually in my bard spec, because I enjoy being a team player. Now that soul needs some serious love for sure.

MM damage is fine.
    Last edited by Misun; 05-02-2012 at 08:10 AM.
    Pridy Bebe of Mobile Death Squad @Faeblight

DYER the best unofficial Rift forum.

Ascendant

Mm damage is not fine. Swift shot and barbed shot while standing still hit for absolutely garbage damage.

I love the double standards. Either all physical damage abilities need a fix, or none, period. Don't try to justify only warrior physical damage getting the fix and not rogue physical damage. It's just foolish.
    The first issue I would like feedback on is the Power Regeneration. I have tweaked it to a point but I need feedback on it from actual players (You guys) in a real world environment to fine tune it. The value is not final and will likely need to be changed. The goal is to minimize the use and need for Tablets and make players who do not use them more viable without completely removing the use of the Tablets in game

Quote Originally Posted by DTM300 View Post
    Mm damage is not fine. Swift shot and barbed shot while standing still hit for absolutely garbage damage.

I love the double standards. Either all physical damage abilities need a fix, or none, period. Don't try to justify only warrior physical damage getting the fix and not rogue physical damage. It's just foolish.
    Wait, are you actually asking for MM to be buffed?
    Pridy Bebe of Mobile Death Squad @Faeblight

DYER the best unofficial Rift forum.

Ascendant

It would have helped if the "Physical damage fix" of 1.7 actually did anything at all . . . but it didn't.

I can honestly say, out of the things i thought would come up on these forums, an actual non-troll buff marksmen thread was never one of them.
    Teddro - Warrior - Seastone

Synna - Rogue - Vigil

Synna Stonecove/Invalid Target for all those darkfall people

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Misun View Post
    Wait, are you actually asking for MM to be buffed?
    I guess MM is the only rogue soul with physical damaging abilities.

The deadeye shot comment was related to a cast time finisher doing less currently than warrior builders and instant finishers.

A 51 MM at that with the maximum plus damage buff to deadeye shot due to points spent in the tree. Same with the other abilities. Used at 28 or less points in MM I doubt that swift or barbed would break 150 damage on a target with decent armor.
    Last edited by DTM300; 05-02-2012 at 08:42 AM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Robes View Post
    I can honestly say, out of the things i thought would come up on these forums, an actual non-troll buff marksmen thread was never one of them.
    MM was used due to the cast time ability.

Savage strike does crap damage due to it being physical damage. Keen strike does crap damage due to it being physical damage. Even quick strike barely does any damage unless buffed by DD.

i hit full valor targets for 7-1200 crits with my builders..
    you guys really need to get your valor up
    -Skavok - MaleViolence -

Mm damage is not fine. Swift shot and barbed shot ...
    I guess MM is the only rogue soul with physical damaging abilities...
    to be fair, you did claim MM damage was not up to par in PVP.

I also disagree, MM is one of the most powerful PVP souls in the game and the damage is more than appropriate considering the utility in the MM tree.

I see no justification for a damage increase. If the MM did more damage it would only result in a nerf to something else...
    ...the internet treats censorship as damage, and routes around it...
    NerfedWar Addons and Tutorials
    * Note: tutorials are currently being ported to the new site.

Plane Touched

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by dcndnts View Post
    i hit full valor targets for 7-1200 crits with my builders..
    you guys really need to get your valor up
    I hit full valor targets for 200-300 with my builders.

How hard do your finishers hit? Mine hit for like 700-1.2k full valor. Exceptions are RFS and deadeye.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Harmarofwhitecastle View Post
    Fan out spam doesn't win matches. . . fan out is not physical damage.

Way to prove the point that physical damage is useless.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Sariina View Post
    Fan out spam doesn't win matches. . . fan out is not physical damage.

Way to prove the point that physical damage is useless.
    seems to me that you seriously think he got 151 kills with fan out as his primary attack

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast